The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the long saves as I find it interesting where all the sides end up and what former players end up getting up to.

At the moment in my game Man U, Chelsea, arsenal and man city are just below me.

The more things change...

Chelsea now play at Zola arena and arsenal are moving to Sagna Stadium

i never really had long games, i just enjoy starting games with heaps of teams, trying different things, etc.
yeah that's what i do too

probably 3 proper saves and then around now i come up with a few random type scenarios like FC Malta into Ligue 2 (got bored of Ligue 2), the Aussie consortium taking over Charlton (got bored because I'd done a Brentford save so it was too similar going back to the Championship) & a buyer to 1860 Munich to give Bayern a proper derby (current save)

Up to the 20th season of an FM15 save. Don't want to continue because I just won the EPL/Champions double, but I'm so attached that I haven't started any new saves or bought FM16/17. FM is too good for its own good.

What's it like playing the game with all regens?
I like it, throughout the seasons you learn all the players, particularly when you've gone deep enough to remember when you passed on the 26 year old world class midfielder 10 years ago. Also, it's better not knowing all the cheap wonderkid options from your general knowledge.

I'm in 2024 in my current Fm17 save, probably got my best ever side imo, they are all regens.

Carved off a couple of loanees for 72m, 45m and 60m respectively. Currently have just under 400m in my transfer budget.

That German striker regen I mentioned a few pages back has won his 4th Golden Ball in a row, still only 23. Just come off a 45 goals in the league,(69 goals in all comps), 20 assists in the league (38 all comps) 18 POM in the league (28 all comps), 8.31 rating season.

Probably won't bother with the next FIFA. Barely gave this one a decent enough whirl.

Downloaded a database on FMscout and have started a new save with Watford. Was tempted to take the empty Palace role but Watford with their licenses and extra funds has won the battle for my services. Had about 25m to play with. Massive overhaul will post my transfers later but currently sitting about 8-10th in November. Got a few big results so far as well, beat Spurs 1-0 at home and managed a 1-0 away win against United with a penalty and red card going my way lolMou would have gone nuts!

In
Predrag Rajkovic - 7.5m
Jerry St Juste - 9.3m
Andrew Robertson - 13m
Lorenzo Dickman - 2.8m (loaned back)
Dennis Aogo - free
Juninho Bacuna - 3.8m
Jorrit Hendrix - 12m rising to 13m
Marcus Thuram - 1.2m (loaned back) (yes it's his son)
Ante Coric - loan (w/ 10m option to buy)
Erik Sviatchenko - 3.7 rising to 5m

Out
Amrabat - loan
Pantillimon - loan
Arlaukis - 650k
Paredes - 1m
Holebas - 1.8m
Prodl - 2m
Britos - 2.5m
Behrami - 2.5m
Mario Suarez - 4m (PSG wanted him!)
Berghuis - 5m (Huddersfield's only actual signing, hence why they are on 1 point after 9 games)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In
Predrag Rajkovic - 7.5m
Jerry St Juste - 9.3m
Andrew Robertson - 13m
Lorenzo Dickman - 2.8m (loaned back)
Dennis Aogo - free
Juninho Bacuna - 3.8m
Jorrit Hendrix - 12m rising to 13m
Marcus Thuram - 1.2m (loaned back) (yes it's his son)
Ante Coric - loan (w/ 10m option to buy)
Erik Sviatchenko - 3.7 rising to 5m

Out
Amrabat - loan
Pantillimon - loan
Arlaukis - 650k
Paredes - 1m
Holebas - 1.8m
Prodl - 2m
Britos - 2.5m
Behrami - 2.5m
Mario Suarez - 4m (PSG wanted him!)
Berghuis - 5m (Huddersfield's only actual signing, hence why they are on 1 point after 9 games)
Ante Coric is a superstar on FM.

Started a new game as Salford. I have Peter Lims billions to play with and it's a lot of fun. i can't buy any wonderkids so am using free agents and oldies to move up the leagues.

Undefeated after 19 league games with:

Kirkland
Maicon Lucio Upson Rat
-----------------Alan Smith
Gamst Pederson----Broich
Arsharvin ------------------Duda
-----------------Heskey

Hoping that once i get to league 1, younger players might be more inclined to join my project.

Defo not as good there. If you can get him, Pulisic is a beast Inside Forward.
He might be the sort of guy who I swing in when my side is good enough to play with AMs.

At the moment I play a counter 352/532 with Deeney-Success/Penarada up front and with workhorse CMs & DM

He might be the sort of guy who I swing in when my side is good enough to play with AMs.

At the moment I play a counter 352/532 with Deeney-Success/Penarada up front and with workhorse CMs & DM
yeah, he scores goals for fun there and is unbelievable by 2020.

Got the Toon promoted in my first season a few weeks back and signed Moussa Dembele (the Celtic variety) and he's been a beast for me. Nearing the end of my first season in the PL sitting 6th. Dembele has chipped in with 20 goals and 10 assists for the season. I think I paid less than 20m for him too. Hopefully can hold onto him and make him the new Shearer. :p

Started a new game as Salford. I have Peter Lims billions to play with and it's a lot of fun. i can't buy any wonderkids so am using free agents and oldies to move up the leagues.

Undefeated after 19 league games with:

Kirkland
Maicon Lucio Upson Rat
-----------------Alan Smith
Gamst Pederson----Broich
Arsharvin ------------------Duda
-----------------Heskey

Hoping that once i get to league 1, younger players might be more inclined to join my project.

Like the concept - I think I tried this on a past FM game signing up 32+ year old ex internationals for Forest Green for fun (cheated a bit by giving myself a sugar daddy owner).

The only draw back I think was when it came to squad registration for both club and home grown talent in the prem and UEFA cup (at the time, was still UEFA Cup lol) - because my rapid promotions were more or less successive, my stature outgrew my youth academy/stadium and facilities. Subsequently my club grown youth players were terrible by comparison. Was liking playing the UEFA cup with a smaller squad than everyone else as a result.

I can't wait to flog Walcott off on his 140k contract. Piece of junk.

Squad needs major reinvestment.

On one of my other saves, I used the editor and sent the transfer listed Walcott to Bundesliga new boys Coburg. Don't think he exactly set the league alight either given his reputation and wages - might have had 11 goals for the season and a less than 7.00 average? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back