The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished 2028 season.

Not too many current players still around as you can imagine but the ones i would recommend;

Reuben Neves
Diogo Dalot
Renato Sanchez
Andre Horta
Wiliam Carvalho
Joao Mario
Rafa Silva
Joao Pedro
Ederson
Gabriel Barbosa
Christian Pulisic
Ante Coric

God there are so many...just tell me a position you want hahaha

On my current save;

Started in Greece with PAOK (2016-2018)
Stoke (2018-2019 sacked :eek:)
Lazio (2019-2022)
Benfica (2022 - current)

Will probably try win again to with the European Cup with Benfica next season, if not i'll move to a mid table Spanish/German team and try something there.....
interesting. If i get sacked i just start a new save haha

Got Pulisic for 40m. Leandrinho and Maroni are from Brazil and are both kids with 4-4 1/2 star potential.

I play with inside forwards so Mata is pretty useless for my formation. Sold him to Bayern, Real wanted Herrera and Rooney to LA Galaxy.

If i didn't get greedy and buy Hazard I'd have Pele jr and Mkhi as my IFs with Rash and Pulisic off the bench. Sent Rash on loan to Inter as i have too many IF's.

I like my first XI to have an average age of around 25 with wonderkid backups around 18-21.

I buy Jonny so i only need 1 defender on the bench as he plays across the back 4.
Wow, great money for Pulisic.

I will have to check out the other two next time I boot it up.

lol I don't blame you for getting Hazard, what a coup!

My issue is with CMs, far too many

- Ramsey
- Wilshere
- Fred
- Noble
- Coquelin
- Xhaka
- Santi (although injured)
- Soler
- Thiago Maia (though is a DM)

Wow, great money for Pulisic.

I will have to check out the other two next time I boot it up.

lol I don't blame you for getting Hazard, what a coup!

My issue is with CMs, far too many

- Ramsey
- Wilshere
- Fred
- Noble
- Coquelin
- Xhaka
- Santi (although injured)
- Soler
- Thiago Maia (though is a DM)
I always like small squads.
I'd sell half of them and buy Asensio. Give Reiss Nelson some minutes too. He's class in a few years. Why did you buy Noble?

I'd sell half of them and buy Asensio. Give Reiss Nelson some minutes too. He's class in a few years. Why did you buy Noble?
I said the exact same thing lol

He should be banned from playing FM for purchases like that

He has solid stats, English too.

Fred is one of my FM favourites, wouldn't sell him. Isn't Asensio a natural AM? I think I wanna get rid of Ramsey, I like Wilshere though he's been injured twice and it's only November! Coq is HG which helps, Xhaka I am on the fence about. Soler is good back up as well. I'll ship Santi so I don't lose him for nothing.

He has solid stats, English too.

Fred is one of my FM favourites, wouldn't sell him. Isn't Asensio a natural AM? I think I wanna get rid of Ramsey, I like Wilshere though he's been injured twice and it's only November! Coq is HG which helps, Xhaka I am on the fence about. Soler is good back up as well. I'll ship Santi so I don't lose him for nothing.
Asensio is 20 and is fine at CM. Can be retrained if u really want. Same with Coric.

Wow, how many leagues do you guys run?
england, spain, france, italy and germany. only down to the lowest in whatever one i choose to manage, or adding it for whatever country im in. i run a huge database and load players from regions. mostly south america.

Wow, how many leagues do you guys run?
England
Spain
Italy
France
Germany
All to the lowest division possible. Never know what future regen could end up in serie B or league two.

Denmark
Sweden
Holland
Belgium
Austria
Portugal
Croatia
Serbia
Turkey
Russia
Ukraine
Just one or two divisions for these countries.

China
USA
Australia
Just top divisions. Just in case I want to retire to one of those leagues (never happens). Also good to sell players to them as well.

Then I load all players based in Brazil in Argentina. If I'm playing as a non English side I'll load up all the players based in Africa also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think they overrate Watford in fm because they sponsor them?

I've seen them under Mazzari finish top 7 in a Brentford save. And now managing them myself it's been quite easy. Currently 5th after 28 games. Guys like Deeney, Cathcart, Capoue, Kaboul, Jaanmat and Success all dominant at one stage or another.

PA/CA is useless if it's not in the correct attributes for the position.

I've got a 169 CA striker that is worth £75m and I've knocked back a £143m bid from City in 2028.

I've got a maxed out 179 CA central mid that kills a fair few higher and is probably the best central mid in the world, worth more and ratings are far better playing the same role than a maxed out 192 CA central mid I have Because his ability points are spent in relevant attributes.

Likewise West Ham have an English striker that is going at a goal a game for England over 35 games and is 150CA because they are all pumped into the right spots.

My German striker has 198 goals in 195 games for Leeds so far and is 24.

PA/CA is useless if it's not in the correct attributes for the position.

I've got a 169 CA striker that is worth £75m and I've knocked back a £143m bid from City in 2028.

I've got a maxed out 179 CA central mid that kills a fair few higher and is probably the best central mid in the world, worth more and ratings are far better playing the same role than a maxed out 192 CA central mid I have Because his ability points are spent in relevant attributes.

Likewise West Ham have an English striker that is going at a goal a game for England over 35 games and is 150CA because they are all pumped into the right spots.

My German striker has 198 goals in 195 games for Leeds so far and is 24.

You're lucky.

AI clubs don't offer jack s**t for my players.

When buying my players - "Oh your World-class midfielder is worth £51m? How about £10m up front and another £5m over 48 months?"

When selling their players - "Oh you want to buy my 18 yr old player? £150m. No negotiation."

Always been a pet hate of mine on FM.

I'm top of the league in Jan by four points. Lacazette has 15 goals in 20 league games (20/20 overall) won Golden Ball AND WPOTY (none of my players have won this in any FM for the lsat few years at least with Messi and Ronaldo around). Ozil has 10 assists in the league, he's been brilliant.

I'm selling Kolisinac to Liverpool for 13m (lol joke's on them), Santi off to Milan too for 8m. Really want to get rid of Noble too but that may be difficult, and Perez, who hasn't been terrible, but doesn't fit into my plans and isn't a good enough winger, or CF to come in with injuries etc.

Bringing in Zeca for the back up LB position for 6m + add ons.

Not sure what to do with my midfield/wingers. Players for those positions currently are

Sanchez (first choice)
Ox (first back up)
Iwobi (want to send him in on loan)
Lozano (back up)
Ozil (first choice)
Fred (first choice)
Ramsey (first choice)
Coq (rotate with either CM depending on fixture)
Xhaka (back up)
Thiago Maia (first choice DM)
Wilshere (back up)
Noble (back up)
Soler (will loan)

So, as you can see, absolutely stacked in midfield and not sure what to do. I could probably sell Xhaka really. I was gonna sell Ramsey as well but he's come good and plays well consistently (but I don't like him that much in real life so I kinda wanna flog him off).

I've been looking at Daly Prooper from PSV who would look to be a solid back up also. The cost will be the issue here. Had a fee agreed for Goretzka but he's a DLP (D), but even then his anticipation/passing/vision weren't that great so I cancelled the deal.

I need some better forwards too. Giroud is solid back up (I bought Kuki who is on loan), but I think I might need more for when I'm failing.

Another season another joke rigged Champions league loss.

@ home to PSG

25+ shots at goal, 15+ on target, 9 clear cut chances = O goals

PSG....3 Shots, 1 on target = 2 goals

@ Away

25+ shots, 10+ on target, 6 Clear cut = 1 goal

PSG....5 shots, 0 on target = 0 goals

I'm resigned to the fact i'm never going to win the CL in this bullshit version of FM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back