The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

had horrible form, losing 2 games to nantes and the bottom placed metz prior to the final cl game against city away.

started the game on counter, went 2-0 down. barely had a sniff. went attacking at half time. missed a penalty. loanee evander made it 2-1 in the 70th. then lacazette made it 2-2 in the 86th. managed to nick 2nd in the group thanks to better head to head.
How does Laca go for you? Was brilliant for me from Sept-Jan, got injured, was crap for a few months, turned it on again for a bit at the end of the season.

How does Laca go for you? Was brilliant for me from Sept-Jan, got injured, was crap for a few months, turned it on again for a bit at the end of the season.
lead the line really. think i've had him start every single game. nearly 20 goals so far in all comps and it's about the middle of december. can have a few shockers though.

He scored 23 goals in the league for me and missed 6 weeks, was the third highest scorer behind Kun & Costa who had 28 each.

At one point he had scored 5 more goals than games he had played. I got him relatively cheap too - 25m + add ons totalling 34m.
i suspect im going to have a real struggle to hold onto him. spurs offered me 19 mil adding up to 30 in clauses at the start of the season. rejected that. will sell for 50+, utd and bayern chasing hardest.

2018 WC is in progress on my current game. Some surprising results.
  • Scotland progressing to the quarter finals.
  • Argentina out at the group stage finishing last (group of France, USA - both progressed) and someone else who escapes me).
  • Mexico into the semi finals.

I don't think I've ever had anyone have the type of season Dembele is currently having. He's hit his 30th goal for the season in mid February and missed all of August

Off season time which means transfers.

McCarthy 15m
Belotti 33m
Mahrez 14m + add ons

Looking at bringing in Davinson Sanchez too.

A lot of departures too, mainly loans

Xhaka 18m
Soler (loan)
Lozano (loan)
Kuki (loan)
Ceballos (loan)

Probably sell Giroud too. Way overstocked in CM, but I guess it's good to have too many than not enough.

City signed Griezmann for 86m, United bought Laporte for 56m, Azpi went to Juve for 26m rising to 42m with add ons.

Season two done and dusted. Another 7th placed finish for Watford. Two points better than season one with 61 points. Won the FA Cup final in a classic against Arsenal on penalties. 1-1 after 90 minutes with Giroud equalising for Arsenal in the 86th minute. Took the lead in the 102nd minute but then went down to 10 men when Siggurdson got injured and then Arsenal equalised again in the 119th minute.

Enter the Predrag Rajkovic shootout. The young Serb scored the 3rd penalty and saved 3 of arsenal's first 4 penalties!

Not sure how much transfer business I'll do this summer. Got £38m to spend but the squad is pretty young and not a heap of weakness apart from on the wings but I mainly play 3-5-2/5-3-2 with wing backs anyway

finally finished my first season with lyon. finished 2nd to psg thanks to some poor form near the end of the season. won the domestic treble though. got smacked 4-1 by spurs on aggregate in the cl quarters, but was happy to make it that far.

chelsea made a bid for lacazette, who scored 41 in all comps, plus had 24 assists. managed to get it up to 50 mil upfront, 63 mil including clauses. replaced him with moussa dembele who celtic let go for 6.25 mil (8 mil with clauses). for some reason bayer leverkusen had kai havertz listed all throughout the season for 23 mil, and then afterwards the price dropped massively and i picked him up for 2.5 (3.3) mil.

picked up the 4 mil option i had on evander from vasco, who scored 10 goals as an 18 year old and replaced valbuena in the side. grenier comes back from roma on loan. toni lato and sanabria brought in at 1.3 and 1.4 mil respectively to backup. expected tolisso to leave to city for 22.5/39 mil but they signed verratti for 102 mil and dropped him. very okay with that. will sell him if another big offer comes in though. wouldn't be massively upset if united picked up the 35 mil buy option on depay, had a 16/13 season out on the left. but i'd rather keep him.

finally finished my first season with lyon. finished 2nd to psg thanks to some poor form near the end of the season. won the domestic treble though. got smacked 4-1 by spurs on aggregate in the cl quarters, but was happy to make it that far.

chelsea made a bid for lacazette, who scored 41 in all comps, plus had 24 assists. managed to get it up to 50 mil upfront, 63 mil including clauses. replaced him with moussa dembele who celtic let go for 6.25 mil (8 mil with clauses). for some reason bayer leverkusen had kai havertz listed all throughout the season for 23 mil, and then afterwards the price dropped massively and i picked him up for 2.5 (3.3) mil.

picked up the 4 mil option i had on evander from vasco, who scored 10 goals as an 18 year old and replaced valbuena in the side. grenier comes back from roma on loan. toni lato and sanabria brought in at 1.3 and 1.4 mil respectively to backup. expected tolisso to leave to city for 22.5/39 mil but they signed verratti for 102 mil and dropped him. very okay with that. will sell him if another big offer comes in though. wouldn't be massively upset if united picked up the 35 mil buy option on depay, had a 16/13 season out on the left. but i'd rather keep him.
Loved playing with Lyon in FM 15. Their academy is almost OP and produced world class player after world class player for me over a number of seasons. I think by the end I won the CL with a team that had something like 9 or 10 HG players in the squad for the final. Mind you, signing Timo Werner who had 3 40+ goal seasons in a row helped as well.

Loved playing with Lyon in FM 15. Their academy is almost OP and produced world class player after world class player for me over a number of seasons. I think by the end I won the CL with a team that had something like 9 or 10 HG players in the squad for the final. Mind you, signing Timo Werner who had 3 40+ goal seasons in a row helped as well.
when you could sign werner or vela (or both) and just win absolutely anything cos they would score for fun no matter where and what tactics you can get.

i think 15 was where i had this ridiculous roma game and one season i managed to loan in eriksen. had several other top class players in that side. won everything very easily.

when you could sign werner or vela (or both) and just win absolutely anything cos they would score for fun no matter where and what tactics you can get.

i think 15 was where i had this ridiculous roma game and one season i managed to loan in eriksen. had several other top class players in that side. won everything very easily.
Haha yeah, Werner was just ridiculous. One of teh great FM wonderkids. And I also had a 17/18 year old ST/AM from the academy that scored 20+ in all comps that CL winning season as well. Haha good times. Might even fire up that save again soon. It was so fun, I love filling teh team with HG products.

Wow, was this after he was sold to Barca or something? For some reason Eriksen ends up at Liverpool in so many of my FM saves across a number of versions of the game.

I jumped ship after my fa cup with Watford to take the job at Southampton after Puel took over the England job. I really wanted the inter job but they laughed me off.

Brought in Janssen for 5m (flop), Juninho Bacuna for 10m from Watford (struggling), Deondocked for 15m (struggling), KWP 2m (too young), a LB from Leverkusen on loan (has to start each week with Bertsnd out for 4 months), TFM from United on loan (been ok) & Zach Clough for 3m (also just ok)

Somehow with that ordinary summer window (only had August with them) I'm up in 9th in October. Redmond has been doing well as a DLF up front and JWP as a RWB. Apart from that everyone's been scratchy. Wages are over the FFP regulation so I'll have to shred some fat in January.

Austin is off to Celtic for 6m
Cedric is off to OM in a swap deal for Morgan Sanson
Classie is on over 80k and isn't great so he needs to go. So too does Tadic who doesn't fit my 352 formation. Possibly Jay Rodriguez too he is 4th choice striker and on big wages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What formation and what role for Laca?

Haha yeah, Werner was just ridiculous. One of teh great FM wonderkids. And I also had a 17/18 year old ST/AM from the academy that scored 20+ in all comps that CL winning season as well. Haha good times. Might even fire up that save again soon. It was so fun, I love filling teh team with HG products.

Wow, was this after he was sold to Barca or something? For some reason Eriksen ends up at Liverpool in so many of my FM saves across a number of versions of the game.

nah, was still at spurs. was like a 10 mil loan fee. crazy.

What formation and what role for Laca?

4-2-3-1, complete forward.

I don't think I've ever had anyone have the type of season Dembele is currently having. He's hit his 30th goal for the season in mid February and missed all of August

I've got a regen that hit 57 in the league and 85 in all competitions for the golden ball, Neymar was second with 25 in all competitions.

Up to October of second season.

Had a somewhat busy summer

IN
Belotti 33m
Davinson Sanchez 15m
Mahrez 14m
Ward-Prowse 16.75m
McCarthy 14.25m

OUT
Xhaka 17.25m
Noble 10.25m
Giroud 17.5m
Asano 4m
Akpom 5.25m
Nelson (loan)
Reine-Adelaide (loan)
Lozano (loan)
Kuki (loan)
Ward-Prowse (loan)
Ceballos (loan)
Iwobi (loan)
Soler (loan)
Chambers (loan)

Szczesny
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Maia
Propper Fred
-------------------Ozil----------Sanchez
Lacazette
Belotti
Ox
Mahrez
Goretzka
Ramsey
Luan
McCarthy
--
Cech
Rafael
Goldinaga
Sanchez
Holding
Zeca
Wilshere

CM spots are often rotated based on what I need and form. Same with Laca and Bellotti.

Had a pretty good start to the season. Won all bar one game in the league - against United who I drew 1-1 with even though I smashed them, they scored from an error. Drew Madrid in the CL group phase. They were the first game, somehow won 2-0 at the Bernabeu. I'm two from two in the CL so far.

Southampton were relegated and Forster is listed. They want 16m, might sign him as backup to Szczesny as Cech will be 36 by end of this season. Got my eye on Cedric too as Rafael at times can be a liability. Might ship out Ramsey too. He's only around cos I have too many players and I need homegrown ones. Probably look to get rid of Luan too.

Goldinaga has been very good as well. Filled in for Kos while injured. And from 8 apps average 7.57.

I have found Coq is very good in this too. Ozil is dominating, 8 goals, 4 assists in 11 apps for 7.73.

Have given wolves a go with their new signings. I added a couple like Dickman and a South Korean Lb from Dortmund. Oh and Moussa Konate from FC Sion. Loaned in Pasalic from Chelsea.

Ivan Cavilero absolutely bossing the championship early on. 4 games in have won each one and he has 7 goals and 3 assists.

Shoei what would you have Holding's and Nelson's CA/PA at?

I'd probably bump both up to around 160 level max at this stage. That would put them into the top few English players potential wise and i don't think that's too much of a stretch.

I wouldn't go any higher than that tbh otherwise they'll be pushing Harry Kane, Delle Alli, Sterling levels and i don't think the hype is that warranted yet.

I'd probably bump both up to around 160 level max at this stage. That would put them into the top few English players potential wise and i don't think that's too much of a stretch.

I wouldn't go any higher than that tbh otherwise they'll be pushing Harry Kane, Delle Alli, Sterling levels and i don't think the hype is that warranted yet.
I have Holding at about 155 PA. CA is 131. Couldn't find a club to loan him to so he is playing in the reserves.

Nelson's default is PA 168. CA is 126.

What about Iwobi? He's 152/164.

Iwobi is probably fine as is. I don't think he'll make the top top level of players so he sits about right for me.

Also depends on what their consistency stat is max out at. Nelson could be 199 PA but if his consistency is under 15 then it's all wasted.

I'd rather have a 150-160 player that is 15+ consistency 15+ big games than a 199 player that isn't.

Iwobi is probably fine as is. I don't think he'll make the top top level of players so he sits about right for me.

Also depends on what their consistency stat is max out at. Nelson could be 199 PA but if his consistency is under 15 then it's all wasted.

I'd rather have a 150-160 player that is 15+ consistency 15+ big games than a 199 player that isn't.
Ah right, I just checked, his consistency is 12. I guess not terrible, but not great.

Yeah so it means he'll perform to his potential in 60% of games not classified as "big games".

It can improve with game time/age so don't be surprised if it gets up to 13/14/15ish which is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back