The football video games thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #1,777
Yeah I used to. Also lost interest with not knowing who anyone was haha.

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #1,778
Anyone collect cards on the ToppsKick phone app? Apparently the new season for that should roll over soon. If anyone doesn't know about it, you open the app every day and get some coins for free and open packs. You can also pay for coins but screw that haha.

Edit: Last season you could collect EPL, Bundesliga, MLS, Champions League and Europa League cards.

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #1,779
Anyone collect cards on the ToppsKick phone app? Apparently the new season for that should roll over soon. If anyone doesn't know about it, you open the app every day and get some coins for free and open packs. You can also pay for coins but screw that haha.

Edit: Last season you could collect EPL, Bundesliga, MLS, Champions League and Europa League cards.
What's the point of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
PES demo is out. It plays relatively well, very smooth and some great touches/movement etc. Anybody else play it? Zidane98?
I'll download it shortly. Unfortunately just don't get the time these days to put in a proper ML campaign which is the best way to play the game.

How does it play compared to PES2018?

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #1,788
Used to be a FIFA God.
FIFA 12 winter update

Grew from 76-85 IIRC. Used to love playing as Monaco for a few years (even into 2013-14), so I'd buy the likes of him, Max Gradel, Lacazette and Lukaku and they'd be among my beast front 4

Reckon come FIFA 13 onwards speed out wide wasn't as important though, as ingame improved a few things like player workrates started having more of an affect on certain player roles and positions, a winger or fullback with only 80-85 pace but having high attacking workrates would be just as useful as someone out wide who was quicker but only having the medium workrates.

Still play 13 as I only have a PS3 and I worked out after 16 they were all the same, just updated squads, teams, kits etc, but I only do youth academy modes with minnows with 13 as some high potential players from 5 years ago just didn't cut it IRL, so playing as real players is limited and unrealistic.

Youth modes are unrealistic too, but they're fun and challenging at least and there's heaps of regens popping up anyway by the time my squad is 5 star by around 2017-2020 with players with the right attributes suited to their positions.

Last edited:

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thread starter #1,789
I'll download it shortly. Unfortunately just don't get the time these days to put in a proper ML campaign which is the best way to play the game.

How does it play compared to PES2018?
Never had 18 so don't know.

The no license of EPL still hurts it severely.

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thread starter #1,790
FIFA 12 winter update

Grew from 76-85 IIRC. Used to love playing as Monaco for a few years (even into 2013-14), so I'd buy the likes of him, Max Gradel, Lacazette and Lukaku and they'd be among my beast front 4

Reckon come FIFA 13 onwards speed out wide wasn't as important though, as ingame improved a few things like player workrates started having more of an affect on certain player roles and positions, a winger or fullback with only 80-85 pace but having high attacking workrates would be just as useful as someone out wide who was quicker but only having the medium workrates.

Still play 13 as I only have a PS3 and I worked out after 16 they were all the same, just updated squads, teams, kits etc, but I only do youth academy modes with minnows with 13 as some high potential players from 5 years ago just didn't cut it IRL, so playing as real players is limited and unrealistic.

Youth modes are unrealistic too, but they're fun and challenging at least and there's heaps of regens popping up anyway by the time my squad is 5 star by around 2017-2020 with players with the right attributes suited to their positions.
Nah, FIFA has changed heaps in the last 2 years.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
FIFA 12 winter update

Lol the last few have seen the most drastic changes.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moderator #1,792
Lol the last few have seen the most drastic changes.
Not on PS3

14, 15, 16 all basically the same, so stopped buying them

Will probably just buy a PS5 in a few years time, reckon I've missed the PS4 boat

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moderator #1,794
Yeah, and as Cruyff and I said, 17 and 18 are vastly different.

Why do you still have a PS3 anyway? PS4 would only be a couple of hundred bucks now.
Around $500 last time I checked

Reckon I missed the boat, not interested, will look into PS5 eventually

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moderator #1,797
You can get a PS4 for under $400.
No point now

I see minimal return on investment as by the time I'll buy one, the new PlayStation will roll out not too long afterwards making the PS4 largely redundant in areas.

PS3 still does the job, Netflix and YouTube work well on it also

Might add, my 3DS is far more relevant too in terms of value for money/not being made redundant by a new console (not exactly going great guns financially too which I prefer not to disclose here).

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
No point now

I see minimal return on investment as by the time I'll buy one, the new PlayStation will roll out not too long afterwards making the PS4 largely redundant in areas.

PS3 still does the job, Netflix and YouTube work well on it also

Might add, my 3DS is far more relevant too in terms of value for money/not being made redundant by a new console (not exactly going great guns financially too which I prefer not to disclose here).
Why didn't you buy it when it first came out four years ago?

Top Bottom