The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ended up not getting Tonali. Couldn't agree to a contract. I thought we were just negotiating and then his agent just pulled the pin and now I can't get him even after I left it a month and went back for him. He wasn't interested. Frustrating.

So I turned my attention to 19 year old Sergio Gomez from BVB. Meant to be s**t hot so he is incoming at the end of the season.

My squad is paper thin though.

Patricio
Jonny Coady Boly Doherty
Moutinho Neves
Jota Gibbs-White Neto
Jimenez

Ruddy, Bennett, Vinagre, Dendoncker, Traore, Szoboszlai, Cutrone

Vallejo
Ofosu-Ayeh
Jordao

That's it. That's as deep as we go. Vallejo is a CB on loan from R.Madrid, he was on loan when I came in but its the one place where we are ok in depth wise with Coady, Boly, Bennett and Dendoncker all capable of playing there.

Ofosu-Ayeh is a really average RB and Jordao is a potential wonderkid DM/CM.

I brought in Trincao before the season started and then my idiot DOF accepted a loan bid for him when he was gonna be much needed relief for Jota wide left. So now I'm waiting until January to recall him.

We need help at RB, AM, wide areas too. We're just short everywhere. Need to get in some squad depth.

Despite that we're going ok in the league. 7th after 11 games and were topping our EL group.

Moutinho has 1 goal and 11 assists in 16 games in all comps.

Jota has been a star wide left with 9 goals and 10 assists in 20 games in all comps.

Jimenez has 10 in 16.

Just hoping this paper thin squad can hold it together until the January window. We're in November now. I have no money but will look to bring in at least three loans and recall Trincao to help bolster the squad.

Took Newcastle to fourth in my first season on FM20...held off Chelsea and Wolves by three points. Got taken over halfway through the season and had offers accepted for Bentancur and Chiesa after the board made offers of 55m each for them. Accepted but both players turned me down. Southampton, Brighton and West Ham all got relegated. Been after Felipe Anderson ever since but they're refusing to budge under 45m.

1st season transfers looked something like this as I tried to bring down the wage bill a bit -

In:

Donny Van Der Beek - 27m
Jarrod Bowen - 11m
Rayan Ait Nouri - 7.5m
Thilo Kehrer - 4.9m
Angel Gomes - Loan
Nik Jonas Duebel - 750k

Out:
Shelvey - 12m
Carroll - Free
Dummett - 9m
Fernandez - 4m
Colback - 1.5m
Ritchie - 6m
Gayle - 8m
Muto - 4.5m
Atsu - 7m

Played a 4-2-3-1 gegenpressing tactic like so:

Dubravka
Krafth-Schar-Lascelles-Willems
Hayden-Van der Beek
Bowen-Almiron-Kluivert
Joelinton

Joeltinton topped the league with 26 goals while Donny VDB was a steal at 27m. Got Kluivert for 13m in January after Saint Maximin was disappointing for most of the season. The centre half combo of Schar and Lascelles was very good...Fabs got I think 8 or 9 goals in the league alone.

2nd season transfers have looked like this. Bristol City came in for Ait Nouri with 15m, double what I bought him for and got Pierie in who can cover on the left and in the middle. Shanghai offered wayyy too much for a struggling Almiron and Aston Villa spent large on Bowen. Barbosa, Tagno and Bergwijn coming in add some depth to the attacking mids and striker roles.:

In:
Gabriel Barbosa - 4.9m
Malles Tagno - 14m
Kik Pierie - 7m
Steven Bergwijn - 30m
Elio Capradossi - 1.9m

Out:
Almiron - 34m
Bowen - 27m
Clark - 4m
Ait Nouri - 15m
Darlow - 1m

Last edited:
Took Newcastle to fourth in my first season...held off Chelsea and Wolves by three points. Got taken over halfway through the season and had offers accepted for Bentancur and Chiesa after the board made offers of 55m each for them. Accepted but both players turned me down. Southampton, Brighton and West Ham all got relegated. Been after Felipe Anderson ever since but they're refusing to budge under 45m.

1st season transfers looked something like this as I tried to bring down the wage bill a bit -

In:

Donny Van Der Beek - 27m
Jarrod Bowen - 11m
Rayan Ait Nouri - 7.5m
Thilo Kehrer - 4.9m
Angel Gomes - Loan
Nik Jonas Duebel - 750k

Out:
Shelvey - 12m
Carroll - Free
Dummett - 9m
Fernandez - 4m
Colback - 1.5m
Ritchie - 6m
Gayle - 8m
Muto - 4.5m
Atsu - 7m

Played a 4-2-3-1 gegenpressing tactic like so:

Dubravka
Krafth-Schar-Lascelles-Willems
Hayden-Van der Beek
Bowen-Almiron-Kluivert
Joelinton

Joeltinton topped the league with 26 goals while Donny VDB was a steal at 27m. Got Kluivert for 13m in January after Saint Maximin was disappointing for most of the season. The centre half combo of Schar and Lascelles was very good...Fabs got I think 8 or 9 goals in the league alone.

2nd season transfers have looked like this. Bristol City came in for Ait Nouri with 15m, double what I bought him for and got Pierie in who can cover on the left and in the middle. Shanghai offered wayyy too much for a struggling Almiron and Aston Villa spent large on Bowen. Barbosa, Tagno and Bergwijn coming in add some depth to the attacking mids and striker roles.:

In:
Gabriel Barbosa - 4.9m
Malles Tagno - 14m
Kik Pierie - 7m
Steven Bergwijn - 30m
Elio Capradossi - 1.9m

Out:
Almiron - 34m
Bowen - 27m
Clark - 4m
Ait Nouri - 15m
Darlow - 1m
Is this FM20 or FIFA?

Ended up not getting Tonali. Couldn't agree to a contract. I thought we were just negotiating and then his agent just pulled the pin and now I can't get him even after I left it a month and went back for him. He wasn't interested. Frustrating.

So I turned my attention to 19 year old Sergio Gomez from BVB. Meant to be s**t hot so he is incoming at the end of the season.

My squad is paper thin though.

Patricio
Jonny Coady Boly Doherty
Moutinho Neves
Jota Gibbs-White Neto
Jimenez

Ruddy, Bennett, Vinagre, Dendoncker, Traore, Szoboszlai, Cutrone

Vallejo
Ofosu-Ayeh
Jordao

That's it. That's as deep as we go. Vallejo is a CB on loan from R.Madrid, he was on loan when I came in but its the one place where we are ok in depth wise with Coady, Boly, Bennett and Dendoncker all capable of playing there.

Ofosu-Ayeh is a really average RB and Jordao is a potential wonderkid DM/CM.

I brought in Trincao before the season started and then my idiot DOF accepted a loan bid for him when he was gonna be much needed relief for Jota wide left. So now I'm waiting until January to recall him.

We need help at RB, AM, wide areas too. We're just short everywhere. Need to get in some squad depth.

Despite that we're going ok in the league. 7th after 11 games and were topping our EL group.

Moutinho has 1 goal and 11 assists in 16 games in all comps.

Jota has been a star wide left with 9 goals and 10 assists in 20 games in all comps.

Jimenez has 10 in 16.

Just hoping this paper thin squad can hold it together until the January window. We're in November now. I have no money but will look to bring in at least three loans and recall Trincao to help bolster the squad.

First thing I do whenever I start a save is sack the director of football.

Newcastle always suck on my game. Get relegated straight away. No idea how you got that squad into 4th and CL...

Same. Chelsea and Spurs (finished 12th !!!) were trash for most of the season. Liverpool and both Manchester clubs were well ahead. Was pretty lucky with injuries, too. Had Joelinton got one, I'd have been screwed.

So this is my strongest line up, though Tierney is the first choice LB. Sousa rotates for Cuisance depending on the line up.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.34.11 pm.png

My superstar striker. 49 goals in 59 games last season. 35 in 37 in the league.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.34.35 pm.png

Signed him for 90m from Milan. Originally a LW, but playing him on the right to accommodate Rashford, he is smashing it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.41.56 pm.png

Another Portuguese sensation. Not having the best season so far but was brilliant last season. 18 goals from midfield for the season.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.30 pm.png

Signed for 28m at the age of 20. Mainstay for years.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.51 pm.png

Signed from Ipswich in Jan 2020 for 11.5m. Been pretty good at various times, retrained him as a right winger.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.47.58 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.01 pm.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.30 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.30 pm.png
    633.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.51 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.51 pm.png
    604.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.35.01 pm.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 108
it's funny, i downloaded a transfer update a couple weeks ago and started as newcastle. they really dont have a bad squad, just deadweight that needs to be shifted. especially after the window, you now have rose and willems at left back, lazaro who can play all down the right, bentaleb is a monster in the game so midfield is quite stacked too. unfortunately quite light up top as i have no interest in carroll or gayle getting minutes.

shifting them and the liked of ritchie, saviet, atsu, muto, colback, manquillo and yedlin has been hard though. got burnley paying a monthly fee, all of ritchie's wages and a future fee, so that's alright. sold saviet to the uae, atsu on loan to metz and manquillo to forest on loan too. was quite surprised when brighton ponied up 10 mil for fernandez, accepted that real quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my 13 years of playing FM, this is the best return I've had from a striker.

215 goals in 275 games overall.

Finished with 54 goals in 59 games for the season. Won all individual awards in England.

Just finished 26/27 season. Won every competition I played in, but the league only just.

1582232024113.png

Most dominant season I've ever had domestically. Can honestly say I didn't restart one game. My squad is that good now that it's incredibly dominant. I did lose the CL Final to United though (won the last three in a row). Pricks.

Roos was signed in January. Had 9 goals in 4 games at one point or something. Waller broke Henry's goal scoring record and now has 179 goals in 218 games and is only 25.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.11.07 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.13.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.13.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.13.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.15.14 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.15.47 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.13.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 8.13.11 pm.png
    685.4 KB · Views: 113
I have fired up a Lyon save on FM19

Trying to pinch a title off PSG. Only 1 window & 8 games in so far (6W 2D 0L). Brought in Taglifico & Meling at LB, Arthur on loan, Canales on loan, Max Arnold, Jeandro Fuchs but sent him back on loan. Was a light touch as on paper it's a pretty good squad but I just wanted to see how they all went.

Anyone still playing FM19 got some good french signings?

I will check when I get home tonight.

I am in 2028 so most will be retired.

Use Cacqueret, he is at Lyon already.
Yeah sent him out on loan to Granada. He should be ready for first team football next season. In the update I'm playing with Tousart is at Hertha already but it's a very handy squad with Tete at RB, Joachim Anderson at CB, Lopes at GK, Auoar CM, Dembele ST and then all of Depay, Reine-Adelaide and Bertrand Traroe at LW/ST.

Yeah sent him out on loan to Granada. He should be ready for first team football next season. In the update I'm playing with Tousart is at Hertha already but it's a very handy squad with Tete at RB, Joachim Anderson at CB, Lopes at GK, Auoar CM, Dembele ST and then all of Depay, Reine-Adelaide and Bertrand Traroe at LW/ST.
25 and above - tried to filter it so regens didn't show up.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.55.22 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back