darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
As and when I can upgrade my laptop I will invest in the latest FM. I had a career on FM2012 (yes, I know, blast from the past) where I took Stevenage to the Championship... And got ruined. As in like, I was sinking like a stone.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
I managed to get my Bradford-Celtic-Liverpool save back - I'm pretty sure the issue was with Steam, not FM.

Still, I'm seeing great things about the FM21 beta, and will probably end up getting it. It sounds like they've heard all those minor little things that would be so easy to fix and they've fixed them.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Am enjoying the new FM an absolute sh*t ton.

Was disappointed to see we only had 4m in transfer budget, but managed to shift Ozil to United for 20m (lol), and pay half his wage. Cedric to Newcastle for 14m, Mustafi for 5m, Kola for 13m. Luiz handed in a transfer request as we did not qualify for the CL and I was more than happy to turf him. No suitors though.

Both Rose and Wijnaldum (12.25m!) were listed so jumped at both. Rose because I needed LB depth after getting rid of Kola (and being English always helps), and Stoke were being pricks about Tymon. Signed Marcus Edwards for 15m including add ons, absolute bargain considering his output so far, and he is English too. Snapped up Ajer from Celtic for 18m too and was playing him in my midfield three, but after signing Wijnaldum, I have shifted him to CB.

Auba is stupidly good and has 13 goals in 9 games in the league or something. Edwards at 5 goals in 5 league games with two assists. I highly recommend him for anyone, especially using an English team. Can play equally good on both wings (naturally right).

Leno
Bellerin Ajer Gabriel Tierney
Wijnaldum Partey Aouar
Pepe---------------------Edwards
Auba
El-Neny
Ceballos
Saka
AMN
Lacazette
Xhaka
Willian
--
Rose
Chambers
Mari
Saliba
Holding
AMN
Luiz
Papa

Finally was able to shift Papa and Luiz (for circa 3m each) in December, so I will be glad to have them off the books. I am looking to get rid of Willian, Chambers and Xhaka too as I have no need for them at all. Laca too as he is worth 50m and heading into the last year of his contract. I cang et Edouard from Celtic for circa 20m.

The new match engine is brilliant and the variety in finishes and goals is great to see unfold.

jd2010

#freewelly #bringbackbojan
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I like the fact they've added xG stats to FM.

Would be great to see the scores that spits out for some of the bullshit 1-0 defeats I cop when I have 34 shots and 15 on target!

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I've never understood xG.

What is it exactly, in dummy terms?
xg stands for "expected goals" - its an analytical tool that looks at the likelihood of a shot going on based on the location and type of shot. Numbers for individual shots range from 0 to 1 and can be read as percentages (i.e. a shot with an xG of 0.3 should score 30% of the time)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Fair to say the injury curse has well and truly struck me going into my opening PL game in FM21. Long-term injuries to so many senior players means I can't fit Wickham and Tomkins in my 25 man squad.

1606212905994.png

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Remove this Banner Ad