The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on shots hitting the post. Although for me, I think it's when I've powered it up slightly too much. Only ever seem to hit it from outside the box an I'm trying to finesse it in.

I've done it inside the box too. Also, what's with some players not being able to do a driven shot? Or is it something to do with sprinting? I'll get into the box, double tap shoot and the player will blaze it over.

Definitely hits a lot more than in previous games. Very noticeable.
Yep. It happens heaps.

Agree on shots hitting the post. Although for me, I think it's when I've powered it up slightly too much. Only ever seem to hit it from outside the box an I'm trying to finesse it in.
Nah it happens a lot. Computer hits the woodwork a lot too. I hit it the post a lot inside the box too.

Bojan KantKick goal on debut (pretty jammy), and an assist in his second game.

What did you train him on? I'm doing passing/vision.
i used 3 training spots for him and did the 3 suggested ones with the hardest setting. Make sure one of them increases stamina. I think Dribbling and long shots were the other 2 i used.

i used 3 training spots for him and did the 3 suggested ones with the hardest setting. Make sure one of them increases stamina. I think Dribbling and long shots were the other 2 i used.
Oh right.

He hit a hat trick for me before in the FA Cup and an assist in the same game, got an assist in another game too. I'm liking him.

Bought Coman too for 24m.

There’s a game you can play when setting up, based on your name, day and month of birth. It leads you to your destined league, and I’ll have to try and find out the details. Once I have FM, I’ll wind up in Hungary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got FM18 the other day and have done half a season with Liverpool.

Bought Manolas for 26mil as a starting CB, Wilshere for 23mil as a depth CM, Ryan Sessegnon for 6mil as a youth LB.

Sold Milner for 16mil, Klavan for 6mil, Bogdan for 5mil because they were over 30.

Mignolet will be sold in the summer for 8mil, Flanagan for 8mil. Naby Keita coming in by default.

Currently 4th. About 20 points behind Arsenal, 10 behind Chelsea and a game behind Man City. Man United in 5th 1 game behind.

Have made it to quarter finals of the Champions League so far with 2 legs against Man City coming up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your game is broken if Arsenal are winning the league lol. Did they sign anyone?
IN: Achraf from Real for 31mil, Kongolo from Monaco for 31mil, Lonzano from PSV for 24mil.

OUT: Wilshere to Liverpool for 23mil, Elneny to Marseille for 13mil.

They also have Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles, Akpom, Willock and Reiss Nelson loaned out.

Game seems very broken. Sessengon will go for about 30m more than that!
I have an affiliation with Fulham, and Man United had a 6mil bid accepted which meant I got the right to match it and get him.

Got FM18 the other day and have done half a season with Liverpool.

Bought Manolas for 26mil as a starting CB, Wilshere for 23mil as a depth CM, Ryan Sessegnon for 6mil as a youth LB.

Sold Milner for 16mil, Klavan for 6mil, Bogdan for 5mil because they were over 30.

Mignolet will be sold in the summer for 8mil, Flanagan for 8mil. Naby Keita coming in by default.

Currently 4th. About 20 points behind Arsenal, 10 behind Chelsea and a game behind Man City. Man United in 5th 1 game behind.

Have made it to quarter finals of the Champions League so far with 2 legs against Man City coming up.

Ended up finishing my first season 3rd and lost to Man City in the CL quarter finals.

Summer moves:
IN: Keita from Leipzig (62mil), Milik from Napoli (30mil), Arrizabalaga from A. Bilbao (25mil), Lascelles from Newcastle (20mil), Darmian from Man U (10mil)
OUT: Lallana to Man City (33mil), Danny Ings to Boro (14mil), Ryan Kent to Bournemouth (12mil), Flanagan to Soton (8mil), Mignolet to Villarreal (8mil), Markovic to Lyon (5mil), Danny Ward to Brighton (5mil), Allan to Kobenhavn (5mil), Grujic to Valencia (4mil), Harry Wilson to Derby (1mil).

Am currently 2 weeks before the Jan window in 4th spot. Also came 2nd in my Champions League group with Atletico, Bayern and Inter.

Lovren leaving for Huddersfield in Jan for 16mil. Gnabry from Bayern coming in Jan for 20mil.

Last edited:
Can I ask why you got Darmian at all RossFC?
Had a few spots open in my 25 man squad and needed another backup RB to Clyne and Arnold.

Pretty much spent 2mil to upgrade Flanagan (8mil) to Darmian (10mil). He's worth 18mil and Man United wanted to get rid.

Also for some reason Joe Gomez is only a decent CB in this game and an average full back.

Can I ask why you got Darmian at all RossFC?
Had a few spots open in my 25 man squad and needed another backup RB to Clyne and Arnold.

Pretty much spent 2mil to upgrade Flanagan (8mil) to Darmian (10mil). He's worth 18mil and Man United wanted to get rid.

Also for some reason Joe Gomez is only a decent CB in this game and an average full back.
Well my plan went into the crapper. Darmian got injured for 6 months right after I wrote that.

He lasted 6 months, Sold to Sampdoria for 6mil (a loss of 4mil). Upgraded Arnold to my 2nd RB and bought Steven Sessegnon from Fulham for 1mil to be my youth RB.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back