The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone collect cards on the ToppsKick phone app? Apparently the new season for that should roll over soon. If anyone doesn't know about it, you open the app every day and get some coins for free and open packs. You can also pay for coins but screw that haha.

Edit: Last season you could collect EPL, Bundesliga, MLS, Champions League and Europa League cards.

Anyone collect cards on the ToppsKick phone app? Apparently the new season for that should roll over soon. If anyone doesn't know about it, you open the app every day and get some coins for free and open packs. You can also pay for coins but screw that haha.

Edit: Last season you could collect EPL, Bundesliga, MLS, Champions League and Europa League cards.
What's the point of it?

EA are really turning it on this year for offline modes

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/fifa-19-house-rules-2-193499

fifa-house-rules.jpg

fifa-new-rules-1024x576.jpg

PES demo is out. It plays relatively well, very smooth and some great touches/movement etc. Anybody else play it? Zidane98?

I'll download it shortly. Unfortunately just don't get the time these days to put in a proper ML campaign which is the best way to play the game.

How does it play compared to PES2018?

Used to be a FIFA God.
FIFA 12 winter update

Grew from 76-85 IIRC. Used to love playing as Monaco for a few years (even into 2013-14), so I'd buy the likes of him, Max Gradel, Lacazette and Lukaku and they'd be among my beast front 4

Reckon come FIFA 13 onwards speed out wide wasn't as important though, as ingame improved a few things like player workrates started having more of an affect on certain player roles and positions, a winger or fullback with only 80-85 pace but having high attacking workrates would be just as useful as someone out wide who was quicker but only having the medium workrates.

Still play 13 as I only have a PS3 and I worked out after 16 they were all the same, just updated squads, teams, kits etc, but I only do youth academy modes with minnows with 13 as some high potential players from 5 years ago just didn't cut it IRL, so playing as real players is limited and unrealistic.

Youth modes are unrealistic too, but they're fun and challenging at least and there's heaps of regens popping up anyway by the time my squad is 5 star by around 2017-2020 with players with the right attributes suited to their positions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll download it shortly. Unfortunately just don't get the time these days to put in a proper ML campaign which is the best way to play the game.

How does it play compared to PES2018?
Never had 18 so don't know.

The no license of EPL still hurts it severely.

FIFA 12 winter update

Grew from 76-85 IIRC. Used to love playing as Monaco for a few years (even into 2013-14), so I'd buy the likes of him, Max Gradel, Lacazette and Lukaku and they'd be among my beast front 4

Reckon come FIFA 13 onwards speed out wide wasn't as important though, as ingame improved a few things like player workrates started having more of an affect on certain player roles and positions, a winger or fullback with only 80-85 pace but having high attacking workrates would be just as useful as someone out wide who was quicker but only having the medium workrates.

Still play 13 as I only have a PS3 and I worked out after 16 they were all the same, just updated squads, teams, kits etc, but I only do youth academy modes with minnows with 13 as some high potential players from 5 years ago just didn't cut it IRL, so playing as real players is limited and unrealistic.

Youth modes are unrealistic too, but they're fun and challenging at least and there's heaps of regens popping up anyway by the time my squad is 5 star by around 2017-2020 with players with the right attributes suited to their positions.
Nah, FIFA has changed heaps in the last 2 years.

FIFA 12 winter update

Lol the last few have seen the most drastic changes.

Not on PS3

14, 15, 16 all basically the same

Yeah, and as Cruyff and I said, 17 and 18 are vastly different.

Why do you still have a PS3 anyway? PS4 would only be a couple of hundred bucks now.

Around $500 last time I checked

Reckon I missed the boat, not interested, will look into PS5 eventually

You can get a PS4 for under $400.

You can get a PS4 for under $400.
No point now

I see minimal return on investment as by the time I'll buy one, the new PlayStation will roll out not too long afterwards making the PS4 largely redundant in areas.

PS3 still does the job, Netflix and YouTube work well on it also

Might add, my 3DS is far more relevant too in terms of value for money/not being made redundant by a new console (not exactly going great guns financially too which I prefer not to disclose here).

No point now

I see minimal return on investment as by the time I'll buy one, the new PlayStation will roll out not too long afterwards making the PS4 largely redundant in areas.

PS3 still does the job, Netflix and YouTube work well on it also

Might add, my 3DS is far more relevant too in terms of value for money/not being made redundant by a new console (not exactly going great guns financially too which I prefer not to disclose here).

Why didn't you buy it when it first came out four years ago?

Because I was studying full time and had living costs to maintain :rolleyes:

Fair enough, it's your money, I was studying FT at the time too.

Just seems a random thing to complain about (RE FIFA not changing).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back