The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah played an online friendly. I'm pretty sluggish on the ball, but managed to get to half time 0-0. Then the oppo scored 2 goals at the start of the 2nd half, 1 from the kickoff, then 1 from my kickoff, for some reason when I passed back everyone was pushed up apart from 1 CB and he got robbed and they scored a tap in. Lost 2-0.
Who were you and who were you playing? And what difficulty?

I think it's good, but when I played it recently I was a bit put off by how easily my defender was robbed of the ball, and of course, they scored.

Downloaded a transfer update for my FM19. Now just gotta work out who I want to start a save with. Thinking Brighton. Don't want it to be too low a division probably Championship at lowest. Was also considering Fulham but it says they're in debt and I want some money to spend. Same goes with Charlton
I considered downloading an update, but I have a brilliant regen CF who I don't think I am ready to part ways with.

He broke Henry's record of 38 goals in a season (currently at 42).

I lost in the semis to Barca of the CL when I didn't deserve to and it really pissed me off. Haven't played since last week.

What about Norwich?

I think it's good, but when I played it recently I was a bit put off by how easily my defender was robbed of the ball, and of course, they scored.
Was Barca against Barca, online friendly.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

I considered downloading an update, but I have a brilliant regen CF who I don't think I am ready to part ways with.

He broke Henry's record of 38 goals in a season (currently at 42).

I lost in the semis to Barca of the CL when I didn't deserve to and it really pi**ed me off. Haven't played since last week.

What about Norwich?
Nah don't want to do Norwich considering they just got promoted I'd be stealing their managers hardwork. Newcastle and Brighton at least got new managers which was my line of thinking. Might do Newcastle actually

FIFA demo came out yesterday.

Anybody played it?

I thought it was OK, a little disappointed with it.
I like it, but I reckon they'll patch it in a months time and ruin it.

The tackling feels more realistic than before. The indoor soccer mode is alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
9 games in and I sit fifth I think. United have won all 11 of their games (including an 88th minute winner against me). Liverpool, City and Spurs ahead of me. Chelsea are 12th or something.

I made a lot of changes prior to the season beginning

IN
Morilla
Malen
Rousillon
Zagadou
Kondogbia
van de Beek
Ndidi
Richarlison
Chukwueze
Cragno

OUT
Ozil
Xhaka
Mustafi
Kolasinac

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Zagadou Tierney
Torreira
van de Beek------Kondogbia
Pepe-----------Laca-------------Auba
Richarlison
Chukwueze
Nelson
Malen
Guendouzi
Ceballos
Ndidi
-----
Cragno
Roussillon
Luiz
Holding
AMN
Martinelli

Scored 4 in a game with Malen in a Europa League game, and 5 in another. Chukwueze is lethal to bring on, bloke is a rocket.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
With Spurs current malaise I've got back into FM19 and given Poch a go at rebuilding properly.

Season 1: Finished 3rd behind Liverpool and Arsenal. Copped some massive defeats like 5-0 from Norwich! But came good late in the season.

Sold; Eriksen, Aurier, Wanyama, Dier (in January), Rose, Gazzaniga (part of the Strakosha deal) and loaned out Lamela and Foyth
Purchased; Hysaj (Napoli RB), Bruno Fernandes, van der Beek, Dilrosun (LW from Hertha in January), Thilo Kehrer (part of the Dier sale), Tousart, Strakosha (in January), Wendell (flop CM from Sporting) and loaned in James Rodriguez (won player of the year)

Season 2: Going to finish off the rebuild now. Sold Toby to Barcelona for his 25m. Vertonghen wants to return to Belgium but won't accept any p/ex deals to any Belgian clubs when I try and sign a wonderkid. Sold Bruno Fernandes for a profit to AC Milan, got too many similar types. Brought in Kessie in a seperate deal. Tried to sign Zaha (season 1 golden boot winner) with Ben Davies + 40m going the other way but Davies rejected the deal. I've got 3 CBs lined up should Vertonghen finally accept a move; Harry Souttar (definitely coming in) + one of Onguene (RB Salzburg) or Diakhaby (Valencia) if/when Vertonghen leaves. Had a bid accepted for Moussa Dembele from Lyon

Ideally playing a 4231 or 3421. 25 man squad below. Probably got 1 too many players for liking. But I'll sell whoever isn't getting games in January. 10 signings across 3 windows and I'm pretty happy with what I've got to challenge for a title.

GK: Lloris, Strakosha, Austin
RB: Hysaj, KWP
CB: Sanchez, Foyth, Souttar, Onguene/Diakhaby & Kehrer
LB: Davies, Sessengon
BBM/BWM: Kessie, Ndombele, Tousart , Skipp
DLP/AP: Winks, Lo Celso, Van der Beek
W/IF/SS: Dele, Son, Lucas, Dilrosun
ST: Kane, Dembele

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dilrosun is brilliant in my file. Bangs them in for Liverpool. His crossing and dribbling gets to 17 or something.

I highly recommend Upamecano as CB. Cheapish too.
Maybe in season 1 he is cheap. Leipzig wanted 60m for him in season 2.

Stats aren't that much better than Diakhaby who is costing me 12m. Souttar being UK trained coming in for 8m has decent stats and for a 5th choice CB he will do

Back