The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody picked up FIFA or PES?
Yeah halfway through my 2nd season with Liverpool on FIFA. (Doing road to glory so currently in League 1)

Pretty much I've sold Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Shaqiri.

Bought Fabian from Napoli, Neves from Wolves and Bailly from Man United. Also already got a regen backup keeper up to 81 rating.

Finished the first season and won it, only just.

MD35 was against Liverpool, I am on 89 points, them 88. Huge title deciding game. Beat them 5-3 (was 5-1 up). 5/5 to their 6/4. Very lucky, but clinical. I smashed them on the counter. Auba, Nelson, Pepe all scoring off the break.

On MD36 I was playing Villa away, if I won, I'd win the league. They were playing 5 at the back. I just could not break them down, they were dominating and had a few chances. Went in 0-0 at the break. Their RW skinned my LB and after 53 minutes they took the lead. I knew I was in strife, went to my attacking formation (4-2-1-3), and was really doing my best to try and score. 80th minute and I was still 1-0 down. Ceballos played van de Beek through after 83 minutes, 1-1! Game ended in a draw, I was still in with a chance.

MD37 saw me travel to Southampton. Again, had to win to win the league. City were on my tail. I was on 92, them on 89. They score after 16 minutes. All of a sudden it's 2-0 after 20 minutes. I was cursing. Had to push forward because I needed a result. Gunn was having a blinder (ended up making 9 saves by the time the game was over), Vestegaard and Bednarek were blocking shots like their lives depended on it. It was still 2-0 at HT. Van de Beek plays through Laca after 73 minutes, goal! I can feel I can grab another one, I keep pushing, but still can't get through. Up steps again van de Beek and I equalise after 86 minutes. Massive. Had a chance to win it late on too but I fluffed it.

Heading into MD38 against Watford I have to win to win the league. If I drew and City won (vs Norwich), I'd lose as they have the better GD. Watford keeper turns into Superman. 19th minute Watford score. I was shitting bricks, but thankfully ruled out for offside. 0-0 at the break. Ended up winning 3-0 and did it relatively easy.

Auba finished on 22 goals and 16 assists in the league, and Laca hit 18. van de Beek scored 11 and got 10 assists.

I put a lot of emphasis in training Martinelli. He's up to 77 now. Really enjoy using him.

Smashed Inter in the EL final 3-0. Malen got the competition record for goals scored after equaling the record, and then breaking it in the final after scoring his 19th goal.

Went a bit nuts in the off season. I didn't like my defensive partnership of Sokratis (age) and Zagadou (slow), so I wanted to upgrade there, and a creative midfielder to cover Ceballos returning to Madrid, and a better fullback to cover Bellerin.

IN
Akanji - £38.8m
Olmo - £24.3m + Elneny
Klostermann - £23.5m
Lenglet - £76.m + Luiz
Fraser - free
Total - £163.3m

OUT
Mavroponos - £4.75m
Holding - £22.3m
Mhkitaryan - £11.15m
Chambers £10.3m
ESR - £2.5m
Sokratis - £17.1m
Morilla - £2.45m
Martinez £7.7m
Total - £78.25m
Leno
Bellerin Akanji Lenglet Tierney
Torreira
van de Beek Olmo
Pepe-----Lacazette-------Auba
Kondogbia
Martinelli
Malen
Ndidi
Richarlison
Fraser
Guendouzi
-
Cragno
Klostermann
Saliba
Zagadou
Rousillon
Nelson
Costa (regen)
Aubert (regen)
Chukwueze (loan)
Nketiah (loan)
Willock

Fraser has 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. He is an absolute rocket and really fun to use. Beat Liverpool 5-1. Olmo has been very good as well.

MD35 was against Liverpool, I am on 89 points, them 88. Huge title deciding game. Beat them 5-3 (was 5-1 up). 5/5 to their 6/4. Very lucky, but clinical. I smashed them on the counter. Auba, Nelson, Pepe all scoring off the break.

On MD36 I was playing Villa away, if I won, I'd win the league. They were playing 5 at the back. I just could not break them down, they were dominating and had a few chances. Went in 0-0 at the break. Their RW skinned my LB and after 53 minutes they took the lead. I knew I was in strife, went to my attacking formation (4-2-1-3), and was really doing my best to try and score. 80th minute and I was still 1-0 down. Ceballos played van de Beek through after 83 minutes, 1-1! Game ended in a draw, I was still in with a chance.

MD37 saw me travel to Southampton. Again, had to win to win the league. City were on my tail. I was on 92, them on 89. They score after 16 minutes. All of a sudden it's 2-0 after 20 minutes. I was cursing. Had to push forward because I needed a result. Gunn was having a blinder (ended up making 9 saves by the time the game was over), Vestegaard and Bednarek were blocking shots like their lives depended on it. It was still 2-0 at HT. Van de Beek plays through Laca after 73 minutes, goal! I can feel I can grab another one, I keep pushing, but still can't get through. Up steps again van de Beek and I equalise after 86 minutes. Massive. Had a chance to win it late on too but I fluffed it.

Heading into MD38 against Watford I have to win to win the league. If I drew and City won (vs Norwich), I'd lose as they have the better GD. Watford keeper turns into Superman. 19th minute Watford score. I was shitting bricks, but thankfully ruled out for offside. 0-0 at the break. Ended up winning 3-0 and did it relatively easy.

Auba finished on 22 goals and 16 assists in the league, and Laca hit 18. van de Beek scored 11 and got 10 assists.

I put a lot of emphasis in training Martinelli. He's up to 77 now. Really enjoy using him.

Smashed Inter in the EL final 3-0. Malen got the competition record for goals scored after equaling the record, and then breaking it in the final after scoring his 19th goal.

Went a bit nuts in the off season. I didn't like my defensive partnership of Sokratis (age) and Zagadou (slow), so I wanted to upgrade there, and a creative midfielder to cover Ceballos returning to Madrid, and a better fullback to cover Bellerin.

IN
Akanji - £38.8m
Olmo - £24.3m + Elneny
Klostermann - £23.5m
Lenglet - £76.m + Luiz
Fraser - free
Total - £163.3m

OUT
Mavroponos - £4.75m
Holding - £22.3m
Mhkitaryan - £11.15m
Chambers £10.3m
ESR - £2.5m
Sokratis - £17.1m
Morilla - £2.45m
Martinez £7.7m
Total - £78.25m
Leno
Torreira
van de Beek Olmo
Kondogbia
Martinelli
Malen
Ndidi
Richarlison
Fraser
Guendouzi
-
Cragno
Klostermann
Saliba
Zagadou
Rousillon
Nelson
Costa (regen)
Aubert (regen)
Chukwueze (loan)
Nketiah (loan)
Willock

Fraser has 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. He is an absolute rocket and really fun to use. Beat Liverpool 5-1. Olmo has been very good as well.
Is Leno good on the game? I reckon he's a pretty underrated keeper (by the public, his fifa rating is more than fair though haha)

Is Leno good on the game? I reckon he's a pretty underrated keeper (by the public, his fifa rating is more than fair though haha)
Pretty good. Makes some massive saves. Other time let some s**t in, but overall I am very happy with him.

IN
Akanji - £38.8m
Olmo - £24.3m + Elneny
Klostermann - £23.5m
Lenglet - £76.m + Luiz
Fraser - free
Total - £163.3m

OUT
Mavroponos - £4.75m
Holding - £22.3m
Mhkitaryan - £11.15m
Chambers £10.3m
ESR - £2.5m
Sokratis - £17.1m
Morilla - £2.45m
Martinez £7.7m
Total - £78.25m
Leno
Torreira
van de Beek Olmo
Kondogbia
Martinelli
Malen
Ndidi
Richarlison
Fraser
Guendouzi
-
Cragno
Klostermann
Saliba
Zagadou
Rousillon
Nelson
Costa (regen)
Aubert (regen)
Chukwueze (loan)
Nketiah (loan)
Willock

I am into my 7th or 8th season and my tip is you need to buy Mpabbe and Havertz as quick as you can. They end up being rated 99 quite quickly...

Trying to keep it semi-realistic.

As ironic as that sounds given how much money I have spent :grimacing:
Are you saying its unrealistic that Lazio would sign Mpabbe and Havertz in one transfer window??! :moustache:

I have a few ridiculously good regens as well... but with the dynamic potential in this years manager mode, you see players go from "Showing Potential" to "Has Potential To Be Special" and vice versa a lot, so picking the right kids to develop can be a bit trickier than in previous years.

I've Chelsea'd my Spurs save on FM19. Talent hoarded a bit too much and really don't want to sell any of the 30-35 players in or around the first team. Italics are for players out on loan.

GK: Strakosha, Lloris
RB: Hysaj, KWP, TJ Eyoma
CB: Sanchez, Lisandro Martinez, Foyth, Kehrer, Panzo, Tanganga, Bruno Amione
LB: Guererro, Sessengon
DM: Tousart, Skipp
DLP: Winks, Lo Celso, (also Grealish plays the role well)
BBM: Ndombele, Rekeem Harper, Oakley-Booth (also Dele)
RW: Zaha, Grealish
AM: Dele, Asensio, (also Lo Celso)
LW: Dilrosun, Son, J'Neil Bennet
ST: Kane, Parrott (also Son)

Contending for the title this season so I sent Harper on loan to Southampton and brought in Ander Herrera for a bit more experience.

I think for the next season (season 4 of my save) I'm going to bring back Amione and Harper and blood them more. Whilst also making Skipp and Parrot regular first teamers. Will mean I have to sell some very good players like Tousart, Grealish and perharps Kehrer who has struggled since coming back from an ACL. Might mean taking a step back in the league from winning the title or being in the title race to fighting for 4th but longer term could be better off if a few wonderkids really kick on.

I've Chelsea'd my Spurs save on FM19. Talent hoarded a bit too much and really don't want to sell any of the 30-35 players in or around the first team.
I tend to do that with newgens in my Atletico saves. By about 7-10 seasons in I usually have about 10 young players good enough to play in top tier leagues that can't fit in my own first team squad, some of which even start for UCL teams 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to do that with newgens in my Atletico saves. By about 7-10 seasons in I usually have about 10 young players good enough to play in top tier leagues that can't fit in my own first team squad, some of which even start for UCL teams 😂
Yeah this is at a lesser extreme than that.

I basically want guys 20-25 in my squad to be under 21s who I can cherry pick enough games that they develop into starters as the season goes in.

Are you saying its unrealistic that Lazio would sign Mpabbe and Havertz in one transfer window??! :moustache:

I have a few ridiculously good regens as well... but with the dynamic potential in this years manager mode, you see players go from "Showing Potential" to "Has Potential To Be Special" and vice versa a lot, so picking the right kids to develop can be a bit trickier than in previous years.
Haha.

I don't play an AM, so Havertz would be a bit of a waste for me. (I also try and play players in their correct positions - really wish stats would drop if players were played out of position). Mbappe would be epic and I love him, but I have solid depth on the wings, and he will cost a bomb - don't have the funds!

Got two regens who are 16 and are both 66 already.

Haha.

I don't play an AM, so Havertz would be a bit of a waste for me. (I also try and play players in their correct positions - really wish stats would drop if players were played out of position). Mbappe would be epic and I love him, but I have solid depth on the wings, and he will cost a bomb - don't have the funds!

Got two regens who are 16 and are both 66 already.
Havertz is simply ridiculous in the CAM position. I play 4-1-2-1-2 with the CAM set to free roam and he kills it.

Mpabbe's primary position is Striker in FIFA20... easily scores 20+ every season.

Nice... I have managed to get one regen into the 70's while they were 16, Italian CM who is now 19 and rated 86. I also managed to get the Auba regen (I assume Auba because he's a super quick striker from Gabon) when he was 20 years old and rated 78... now he is 22 and rated 90!

Havertz is simply ridiculous in the CAM position. I play 4-1-2-1-2 with the CAM set to free roam and he kills it.

Mpabbe's primary position is Striker in FIFA20... easily scores 20+ every season.

Nice... I have managed to get one regen into the 70's while they were 16, Italian CM who is now 19 and rated 86. I also managed to get the Auba regen (I assume Auba because he's a super quick striker from Gabon) when he was 20 years old and rated 78... now he is 22 and rated 90!
I really like van de Beek. Olmo has been great too since joining at the beginning of the season.

Kondogbia is a great option too if I want more strength in the middle, and Guendouzi is a great option off the bench too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back