Martinelli
--
Tierney
Tapsoba
Saliba
Mazraoui
Kamara
Gravenberch

Still got 200m in the bank. Want another CM. Might be cheeky and bid for Mbappe and/or Haaland. Looked at Donarumma but his value is over 100m.

Anybody else playing FIFA career mode here?
Yes. I've put Liverpool in League 2, and I'm a month before the Jan window.

Bought a backup keeper 83 rated David Soria for 70mil, but apart from that I plan on developing my squad while I go up the divisions.

I use a 3-5-2 formation and this is my squad. Trying to sell 7 players as well as it's a big squad.

1604011054712.png

Look out, Mr Spreadsheet!

Who is on your radar to buy?
Even though I've got 500mil, My squad is fine, especially for league 2. I'm just using the next few years to develop who I already have, invest in the Academy.

What's the purpose of putting Liverpool in League 2 if you keep the same squad? Are you that desperate to smash the AI that you'd play multiple seasons of what is effectively the early rounds of the FA Cup? :p
I just like to see all the teams in the English divisions on my way up, rather than starting from the top already. I'm hamstringing myself by not improving the squad even more in these early stages. I'll probs pick Plymouth Argyle after I finish this save file, which should be a lot harder.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Sold Milner because he's too old, and sold Kelleher because a youth Academy keeper I brought up was rated higher.
I love Milner but he's not exactly Gerrard. Under no circumstances in FM or FIFA do I ever sell Gerrard. I just played him until he retired and on FM always tried to talk him out of retirement haha.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Also, random FM question. Is their mods or something that allows you to say stick an 18 year old Steven Gerrard into my current Liverpool save? That would be fun.
A save you already have running? If so, the only way would be to use an editor and replace some random with all of Gerrard's stats

If you're talking about a new save, you can make him yourself using the database editor that comes with the game

There are databases from previous years (like 2005 or the late 90s) that would allow you to play with a young Gerrard too

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
A save you already have running? If so, the only way would be to use an editor and replace some random with all of Gerrard's stats

If you're talking about a new save, you can make him yourself using the database editor that comes with the game

There are databases from previous years (like 2005 or the late 90s) that would allow you to play with a young Gerrard too
I dont want full databases just Stevie G. So id have to create him myself?

But how does the game know how to develop him as you couldnt make him prime Stevie G at 18 you know what i mean.

Yes. I've put Liverpool in League 2, and I'm a month before the Jan window.

Bought a backup keeper 83 rated David Soria for 70mil, but apart from that I plan on developing my squad while I go up the divisions.

I use a 3-5-2 formation and this is my squad. Trying to sell 7 players as well as it's a big squad.

View attachment 998487
Just finished the summer window, about to start the 2nd season. In league 1.

VVD and Matip turning 30 and I haven't developed good enough backups yet so bought Lucas Hernandez and Davinson Sanchez to replace them. Due to being a league 1 side I can't actually buy anyone good without triggering release clauses. So it cost me 243mil for the CB pair but I had 700mil so I did it.

Karius, Matip, Thiago, Wijnaldum, Henderson sold. Trying to sell Mane, VVD, Shaqiri and 8 other unneeded youth players to make the squad smaller.
1604450246024.png

Why would you sell Mane?

Also, why do you have 5 GKs?
Mane is about to be 30 and I've got too many left mids. I've got a firesale going on here.

With the GKs, I like to have 2 players over 80 rated and 2 youth players. The 67 rated Mercer is someone I just called up from the Academy. Trying to get rid of the 2 lower rated GK's below him.

Seems super excessive lol.

In the entire first season, Leno played every game, didn't even use Runnarsson lol
If injuries actually worked on this game it would at least make more sense. In real life we had Alisson injured at the start of this and last season, Adrian got 2 footed by a fan after SuperCup last season and we had a youth keeper and Andy Lonergan available.

Back