The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You had 700 million. Lol FIFA is sh*t.
The game gave me 500mil to start off with and I got an extra 200mil from player sales and prize money by the start of the 2nd season.

Right now my net spend in the RossFC era is -80mil and I have a massive squad.

Last edited:

I've played it in the past for 2-3 years, I prefer to play the game rather than watch everything unfold.
I'm the complete opposite. I love the manager part and that there is nothing you can really do once the game starts. In game management of course but you're relying on your players. It's way more rewarding when you win IMO. :)

I'm the complete opposite. I love the manager part and that there is nothing you can really do once the game starts. In game management of course but you're relying on your players. It's way more rewarding when you win IMO. :)
You should get your coaching badges and take a real team then ;)

I had a new one of football manager today...:

Long story short, after quitting Bradford City over $2m I spent 5 months unemployed. (They signed the player who went onto become an elite mid at 21yo.)

The day I was to accept the Monaco job, Celtic - my team in Europe - came knocking from 4th place. I had to!

Anyway, 2 years there, 2 titles, 2 Scottish cups. We were into the final 16 of the UCL, and I thought we could go further, but then...

Liverpool came knocking from 15th place in the league. The Liverpool I grew up watching in the late 90s-00s. Old, s**t, rubbish. I thought “what a challenge”.

So I took the job, overhauled as much as I could in the Jan transfer window... and then a week later?

The 20yo wonder kid I’d just bought, who was to be my star mid, was taken out for 4-6 months.

Knee injury? Bad concussion?

No, old mate has spinal damage after being hit by a car! Wtf?!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love that he still turned up for training!

9c1e1b6e028b028670dc2233e6a903b3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's gold. Never knew something like this to come up.

It wasn't gold having just spent 25m pounds on him!

The injury was initially reported as 3-4 months, but the other thing I haven't ever seen before is that I got an email from my physio saying he'd had a set back and would be out for 4-6 months.

I wonder if things like that (and the death of Emiliano Sala, and even the Chapacoense tragedy) show a need for insurance in this game.

In real life if I'd just shelled out 25m on a 20 year old he'd be insured and I'd probably have gotten some money back. If he never plays again (which probably isn't realistic in FM - but I've never gotten 14 seasons into a save before, so I dunno, maybe now they're pretty much all regens it can happen) I'd get a really big payout.

It wasn't gold having just spent 25m pounds on him!

The injury was initially reported as 3-4 months, but the other thing I haven't ever seen before is that I got an email from my physio saying he'd had a set back and would be out for 4-6 months.

I wonder if things like that (and the death of Emiliano Sala, and even the Chapacoense tragedy) show a need for insurance in this game.

In real life if I'd just shelled out 25m on a 20 year old he'd be insured and I'd probably have gotten some money back. If he never plays again (which probably isn't realistic in FM - but I've never gotten 14 seasons into a save before, so I dunno, maybe now they're pretty much all regens it can happen) I'd get a really big payout.
I'm pretty sure there can be career ending injuries in FM for regens

Gave FM20 one last whirl before getting FM21 doing a Watford save. Season 1 was very easy in the championship. Broke the points record with 107 points.

Ins: 58m - Tymon, Nyambe, Souttar, Flynne Downes, Sacek, Antonio Marin, van Drongelen and Nohan Kenneh
Outs: 177m - Will Hughes, Masina, Roberto P, Capoue, Navarro, Cleverley, Femenia, Carthcart, Kabeselie, Dawson, Gray, Success, Perica,

Pretty pumped with my squad for my first season back in the PL

Ins: 150m - Luiz Felipe, RLC, Buendia, Lisandro Martinez, Hlozek, Zack Steffen, Thiago Almada, Tin Jedvaj (for just 2m) & on deadline day Mikel Cuisance for 13m
Outs: 98m - Sacek, Quina (release clause 30m hit), Penaranda, Sema, Jaanmat, Juan Hernandez, Pussetto

Only two players in my squad over 25 are Deulofeu at 26 and Deeney at 32, with 18 players 23 or under.

Gave FM20 one last whirl before getting FM21 doing a Watford save. Season 1 was very easy in the championship. Broke the points record with 107 points.

Ins: 58m - Tymon, Nyambe, Souttar, Flynne Downes, Sacek, Antonio Marin, van Drongelen and Nohan Kenneh
Outs: 177m - Will Hughes, Masina, Roberto P, Capoue, Navarro, Cleverley, Femenia, Carthcart, Kabeselie, Dawson, Gray, Success, Perica,

Pretty pumped with my squad for my first season back in the PL

Ins: 150m - Luiz Felipe, RLC, Buendia, Lisandro Martinez, Hlozek, Zack Steffen, Thiago Almada, Tin Jedvaj (for just 2m) & on deadline day Mikel Cuisance for 13m
Outs: 98m - Sacek, Quina (release clause 30m hit), Penaranda, Sema, Jaanmat, Juan Hernandez, Pussetto

Only two players in my squad over 25 are Deulofeu at 26 and Deeney at 32, with 18 players 23 or under.
Steal for Jedvaj

Ah s**t.

I only bought FM20 at the start of lockdown 2. Surely I don't need to buy this one already?!

I had a new one of football manager today...:

Long story short, after quitting Bradford City over $2m I spent 5 months unemployed. (They signed the player who went onto become an elite mid at 21yo.)

The day I was to accept the Monaco job, Celtic - my team in Europe - came knocking from 4th place. I had to!

Anyway, 2 years there, 2 titles, 2 Scottish cups. We were into the final 16 of the UCL, and I thought we could go further, but then...

Liverpool came knocking from 15th place in the league. The Liverpool I grew up watching in the late 90s-00s. Old, sh*t, rubbish. I thought “what a challenge”.

So I took the job, overhauled as much as I could in the Jan transfer window... and then a week later?

The 20yo wonder kid I’d just bought, who was to be my star mid, was taken out for 4-6 months.

Knee injury? Bad concussion?

No, old mate has spinal damage after being hit by a car! Wtf?!

I completely overhauled the Liverpool squad in 10 months. After spending my first season batting back whingers who wanted to leave cos they didn’t think we could qualify for European football, mid-November and we’re 2nd on the table...

And I’ve had 3 different versions of the save from the past 48 hours corrupt.

You couldn’t be so cynical as to wonder about the timing of the FM21 beta could you?

started a game with newly promoted lens purely cos they have wuilker farinez on loan. plus a couple of other decent prospect in bade, medina, ganago and doucourre. plus seko fofana and kakuta are always strong players for lower to mid level sides. need more cm's though, going to sell a couple of wingers to fund moves for a couple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back