The football video games thread

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
FIFA with the lack of competition is only going to get worse :(
I haven't played FIFA for years because they don't develop career mode and I have no interest in playing online or paying for packs. EA have recognised that they can make so much money through the online game and without any competition, career mode will not be improved significantly for the foreseeable future.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I haven't played FIFA for years because they don't develop career mode and I have no interest in playing online or paying for packs. EA have recognised that they can make so much money through the online game and without any competition, career mode will not be improved significantly for the foreseeable future.
I've got back on career mode recently and just accept it for what it is. I try and make a super team and just sign who I want. Though I beat West Ham 9-0 on Ultimate so it's kinda lost its fun though.

FM is where it's at.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
I've got back on career mode recently and just accept it for what it is. I try and make a super team and just sign who I want. Though I beat West Ham 9-0 on Ultimate so it's kinda lost its fun though.

FM is where it's at.
The dream has always been combining FM and FIFA (FM but being able to play the games) but SI can't do it and EA have no interest as it would take away from the online money making machine.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The dream has always been combining FM and FIFA (FM but being able to play the games) but SI can't do it and EA have no interest as it would take away from the online money making machine.
Yeah, agree.

Love FM, very time consuming. I definitely play less these days.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
If enough people make enough noise, EA might listen.

They appear* to finally be paying attention to Franchise Mode in Madden (the equivalent to Career in FIFA), but it has taken a number of years of highly vocal discontent and many people putting forward detailed and constructive ways to improve the mode. I say appear because it is only the upcoming version of Madden where it appears that EA might actually have made much asked for improvements

That said, I don't know if a community of Career Mode FIFA players exists, or if it is big enough to do something similar

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Started a new FM save with updated transfers.

First season was pretty good - finished second behind United in the league by 8 points (they scored 102 goals!), Liverpool 3rd, City 4th, Leeds 5th, Chelsea 6th. Won the EL against Leicester and COC vs Villa. Got knocked out in the fifth round of the FA Cup against Leeds. Managed to get Greenwood on loan who dominated, finished top scorer in the league and had something like 36 goals in 44 games overall, big reason as to why I finished second.

Needed to shake things up so this is how my team looks now

Still in pre-season but pretty happy with my transfers. Never had Bailey and he always dominates against me so excited to see what he can do for me.

1631051507874.png

1631051524904.png

1631051727915.png

1631051541912.png

1631051554761.png

Anybody else picked up FIFA?

I like it. Slower and harder to score, feels more rewarding.
I downloaded eFootball 2022 (aka PES) today. Despite it being free, I still feel ripped off.

Everyone on Steam ripping it to shreds in the reviews.
1633053408376.png

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I downloaded eFootball 2022 (aka PES) today. Despite it being free, I still feel ripped off.

Everyone on Steam ripping it to shreds in the reviews.
View attachment 1250407
I have no sympathy for you lol.

My affiliation with PES is done. They have ruined a once great game.

Back