The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am now in 28/29.

Took me a while but have won three straight league titles and three straight CLs.

Here are some progress shots and some of my best regens.

Next season's goal will be to beat my most goals scored in a season (120), and win the CL again.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 4.51.49 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.19.19 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.19.28 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.20.09 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.24.37 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.26.31 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.27.46 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.28.45 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.59 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.59 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.59 pm.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.15 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.25.15 pm.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.28.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.28.45 pm.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 37

As much as the FM'd-ness happens still love the bloody game. Into season 3 with Villa, got 3rd in the league in season 2. Fighting for top 4 and the Europa League in season 3. Very happy with my refresh of the squad. Overall net spend of -25m across the 3 seasons.

Major Outs: Martinez 54m (s2), Ings 50m (s2), Douglas Luiz 35m (s3), Sanson 20m (s1), Traroe 19m (s1), McGinn 19m (s3), Pervis Estupanian 19m (s3 bought in s1 for 5m), Loftus-Cheek 18m (s3 bought in s1 for 5m)

GK: Urgucan, Bursik
RB: Zeefuik, Bogle
RCB: Dael Fry, Konsa & regen
LCB: N'Dicka, Mings & Ronnie Edwards
LB: Pellegrini, Harry Pickering & Ryan Sessengon (couldn't say no for 2m with Pellegrini promised a 40m sale)
DM/CM: Tyler Adams, Ricci, Swedeberg, Florentino Luis, Chukemweka,
RW: Bailey, Marcus Edwards & Angelo
AM: Buendia, Charles De Ketelaere & Ramsey brothers
LW: Watkins, Lewis-Potter
ST: Julian Alvarez, Louie Barry

Mings started to get on and is annoyed at not starting but N'Dicka is a beast. Highest avg. rating of all CBs in the league. Probably 1 CM too many with the youth guy Chucky dominating in League 1 ready to go. Kerr Smith also doing well on loan in the Championship so might move on Konsa too. Bailey and the academy guys might be my only OGs left in season 4

I’m still playing FM20. Blows me away that people would buy it every year, you can get so much out of the game.

I downloaded the German League structure, I took control of Tasmania Berlin who were newly promoted to Div V. I’ve just finished the 2036/37 season winning the Bundesliga, with the Champions League final to come. (I ran out of battery power before I could play it)

That’s having won the Europa League last season, which we qualified for by winning the Cup - which was the first season in Budesliga. I got the dream run, I didn’t play a Bundesliga team til the final against Stuttgart, who’d just escaped relegation. Germany is one of those tricky structures where you have to win 2 of the leagues to promote, and you had those friggen annoying II teams.

Even when I’m done with Tasmania Berlin - I’ve downloaded the Australian structure which allows promotion and relegation. So I might look at taking my local team in Tassie from (I think) 9th division to the A-League!

I’m still playing FM20. Blows me away that people would buy it every year, you can get so much out of the game.

I downloaded the German League structure, I took control of Tasmania Berlin who were newly promoted to Div V. I’ve just finished the 2036/37 season winning the Bundesliga, with the Champions League final to come. (I ran out of battery power before I could play it)

That’s having won the Europa League last season, which we qualified for by winning the Cup - which was the first season in Budesliga. I got the dream run, I didn’t play a Bundesliga team til the final against Stuttgart, who’d just escaped relegation. Germany is one of those tricky structures where you have to win 2 of the leagues to promote, and you had those friggen annoying II teams.

Even when I’m done with Tasmania Berlin - I’ve downloaded the Australian structure which allows promotion and relegation. So I might look at taking my local team in Tassie from (I think) 9th division to the A-League!
I tell myself i wont get it every year. And generally I dont get it until a bit after the release as I'm normally in the middle of a compelling save. I reckon for me it will be this Dortmund one that I play for 6+ months. I struggled to come up with a new save idea on this one but got there in the end.

I've never been one who can go beyond 10-12 seasons too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh I very rarely start with a big club anymore.

In my current save I started in Iceland, spent years trying to get Keflavík íþrótta- og ungmennafélag to win a European cup. Couldn't do it (made it to the Semis one year) so moved to Germany with the goal of breaking Bayern's 17 league titles in a row, won 4 league titles and 2 Champions Leagues with Wolfsburg.

Arsenal job was vacant so have now taken that with the goal of winning the Treble with them. Once i've done that I'll probably go to South America and see what I can win there.

This save is to break the Bayern stranglehold of the Bundesliga. Have managed to do an amazing job so far in S1, 67 points after 27 games. Problem is Bayern are on 70 points.

Ins: Ake loan w/ 14m option, Raphinha converted into a LWB for 40m plus add ons, Elmas 25m, Dest 25m, Luiz Felipe 8m, Dybala 25m plus add ons, Tarkowski 2m plus add ons which wont happen

Outs: Akanji 45m City exploited me they offered 25m I asked for 45m thinking it would be too high, Burkl 6m, Hummels 11m, Hazard 33m, Brandt 40m, Schulz 6m, Wolf 6m

Got Sule, Uduokhai, Baku, Adeyemi and Declan Rice coming in the summer. Will offload Haaland for over 100m. Tarkowski and possibly Luiz Felipe to go out already for large profits. And then Dahoud will go as well, he's been avg at best.

I'd keep Haaland tbh.

Complete game-breaking monster. He's 34 and at Liverpool in my save - 39 league goals in 25 games so far.

Still no decline in his stats.

I'd keep Haaland tbh.

Complete game-breaking monster. He's 34 and at Liverpool in my save - 39 league goals in 25 games so far.

Yeah he was at more than a goal a game for me years into his City career.

Something like 260 goals in 245 games at one point or something.

I should’ve mentioned that, for the first time, I had a striker - an 18yo wonder kid I bought for nothing, who is now a 23yo beast - score 50 league goals in a season.

He didn’t win player of the season!

Yeah he was at more than a goal a game for me years into his City career.

Something like 260 goals in 245 games at one point or something.

He's currently at 397 games 249 goals for Liverpool (and that's only league goals).

I should’ve mentioned that, for the first time, I had a striker - an 18yo wonder kid I bought for nothing, who is now a 23yo beast - score 50 league goals in a season.

He didn’t win player of the season!

It's odd sometimes how they work that out.

I'd keep Haaland tbh.

I like trying to keep current real transfers happening mid-save if I can. I'm lucky there is no clause in there to sell for 70m or whatever it is. But City came in for him in January offering 105m, I promised I'd sell end of season. I reckon I'll get 120m out of them.

Dybala, Malen and Adeyemi aren't his level but I shouldn't struggle for goals.

I like trying to keep current real transfers happening mid-save if I can. I'm lucky there is no clause in there to sell for 70m or whatever it is. But City came in for him in January offering 105m, I promised I'd sell end of season. I reckon I'll get 120m out of them.

Dybala, Malen and Adeyemi aren't his level but I shouldn't struggle for goals.

Fair enough, 120m would be a nice number!

I'm not sure what Dortmund's funds are like but it was always a pain trying to compete with Bayern's ability to spend 100-200m every window and 5m a season on wages without having to sell players.

Fair enough, 120m would be a nice number!

I'm not sure what Dortmund's funds are like but it was always a pain trying to compete with Bayern's ability to spend 100-200m every window and 5m a season on wages without having to sell players.
Yeah its going to be tough. Simply cant afford to drop any points. I'm quite dominant but they barely drop points.

With Muokoko at Dortmund II too I also have that forward option to cover him. I feel like I'm maybe a couple of wing backs short of having a very complete squad. Rice-Bellingham-Elmas with Reyna, Witsel and Can as backups in central midfield I'm pretty set there. Sule-Pongaric-Uduokha with Ake, Zagadou and Felipe as back ups for my 3 CB spots will be good. Possibly an upgrade on Kobel but he has been very good for me.

It's RWB where Dest has been solid and Muenier hit and miss where I'm hoping Baku does it for me. At LWB I've got Guerreiro and a retrained Raphinha. Bit unsure if that will be good enough.

started with sassuolo. newcastle waited until deadline day to make an offer for berardi. he kicked up a stink. randomly asked for 50 mil hoping it would scare them off. he's now a newcastle player. because i thought i'd escaped the window with berardi still at the club i didnt bother trying to find a replacement. now i've just had it stuck on the deadline day section trying to work out who i can get, with sassuolo in that irritating position of berardi being above the standing of the club. makes it really hard to find a new right winger. sold rogerio to benfica cos he also had a whine. managed to replace him with luca pellegrini though, so that wasnt too bad.

Started again with Arsenal last week after the United game. It got me in the mood lol.

Outscored everyone, but it wasn't enough ultimately. Beat United 7-1 (one of my favourite ever FM wins), beat Leeds 7-0, Burnley 7-0 and Watford 5-0 as well. Somehow I had the tightest defence too lol. Funny that Newcastle got relegated, think I can pick up ASM for about 30m. I'll probably do it.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.38.58 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.41.10 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.41.44 pm.png

Scamacca was brilliant, no way did I think he would get 25 league goals, to be third only behind Salah and KDB is very good.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.43.03 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.44.24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 8.44.34 pm.png

Kamara and Onana joining next season on free. Looking at Nunez, Tyrick Mitchell or Ben Johnson, Harvey Barnes, Morgan Gibbs-White and not sure who else as ins. Xhaka is gone to Barca for 26.5m, and Gabriel to Real for 56m.

Saliba will come back, and start with White. I will sell Leno, Nelson, Torreira, Tavares, Bellerin, Mari, Mavro, Runarsson, Leno, Oknonkwo. Probably get rid of Tolisso too. Will consider selling Partey but he was pretty decent in the season gone by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back