Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
I haven't seen a footy boots thread on here, so I'll make one.

What boots are you looking at getting for this season? Do you have a preferred brand of shoe which you always get? What do you look for in boots?

Discuss

Looking at these Nike Tiempos and they are only $100 from Rebel.

36826401.jpg

Anyone know of any online stores that sell footy boots?

Thinking about changing to Asics after wearing Nikes for years. Has anyone experienced problems with the raised heel?

Thinking about changing to Asics after wearing Nikes for years. Has anyone experienced problems with the raised heel?

Asics are great boots. Great comfort, and a much better product over the crap that Nike etc churn out. Definitely go and try a few sets on. I really love mine and am looking to buy two new sets for the upcoming season.

Asics are great boots. Great comfort, and a much better product over the crap that Nike etc churn out. Definitely go and try a few sets on. I really love mine and am looking to buy two new sets for the upcoming season.

:rolleyes: :drunk: Is that why about 99% of footballers in the whole world wear Nike etc.?

Can't go wrong with a pair of old school Adidas Copa Mundials
I remember those. Always wanted a pair. Plus Adidas wedge. I seemed to fit better in Puma so found my favourite boot to be Puma Kings. Very comfortable and lightweight supple leather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adidas Predator Absolado Instinct Men's FG Football Boots.

I like them over the Asics as Asics have introduced a higher heel on all their boots. They advertise a '10mm heel gradient'. The ball of the foot is what is supposed to be in contact with the ground when running and jumping. Landing on your heel is less stable for the knee. The Adidas has a negative heel gradient, and is $20 cheaper.

Look good also..

36853903.jpg

• 36853903-thumb.jpg

• 36853903-00-thumb.jpg

• 36853903.jpg
    36853903-thumb.jpg

• 36853903-00.jpg
    36853903-00-thumb.jpg

Double-tap to zoom

Tap to zoom out
Share this Product:
Email a Friend

Send to a friend
To Name *
To Email *
From Name *
From Email *
Message *
Send

Id like you to explain the $100 difference. What makes the absolado different and 'crappy' as you say? You said it, now back it up.

I bought the Absolados for my u11. He takes a mens size 7.

Im going to help you, as you seem out of words.

The $200 pair you suggest are better will probably have a leather upper. Perhaps a different insole....but only maybe. Edit....no, there is no leather. No different insole; see below, your $200 specials. With increased footballing ability passed of to wearer through words like; Hydrotouch, ultimate, engineered, lethal, control, supreme, 3D!!!! Wow! Hahaha

• Hybridtouch synthetic upper is the ultimate football upper
  • 3D engineered Lethal Zones give you total control
  • TPU control frame for supreme first touch control

My $100 specials. same shape, material, stud configuration, synthetic, innersole, etc. No fancy words....

• TPU zones for added control on the ball
  • Synthetic leather upper with abrasion resistant finish
  • EVA innersole for an added layer of cushioning
So you see. You forked out $100 for a mob of words an ex uni student plucked from a dictionary, while I bought a pair of boots I had researched as to their lack of heel gradient, comfort, durability (synthetic is better than leather) .

So, prove your statements? Or be forever shamed you got RIPPED OFF!!!:rolleyes:

Whats some good new footy boots? Haven't played in 2 years and need a new pair, after something thats base colour is black

Whats some good new footy boots? Haven't played in 2 years and need a new pair, after something thats base colour is black

Definitely go to the local sports megastore, Rebel Sport etc, and try some on. I have quite wide feet, and find either the Puma range or the Asics range to be the best fit for me. I ended up going with a new set of Asics for this year. The comfort and support they provide is second to none. Great boots.

Definitely go to the local sports megastore, Rebel Sport etc, and try some on. I have quite wide feet, and find either the Puma range or the Asics range to be the best fit for me. I ended up going with a new set of Asics for this year. The comfort and support they provide is second to none. Great boots.
Be interested how the Asics effect your knees. Give us an update after a few weeks eh?

Be interested how the Asics effect your knees. Give us an update after a few weeks eh?

Ah, you again. I can give you an update now, as I have worn Asics for the last few years. I have had problematic knees in the past, but since switching to Asics boots have had absolutely no problems. Your claim, or wherever you got it from, of landing on your heel causing knee problems is extremely flawed. Jump up and pay attention to how you land. It's human instinct to land on the ball of your foot. The ONLY reason you would ever land on your heel first after jumping would be due to being extremely off balance. Also, the extra support in the Asics also helped relieve some of the ankle problems I had previously. I am playing senior footy, and train twice a week. There is a reason why so many Australian Rules football players wear Asics boots.

And as for you not being able to tell the difference between Absolado's and Instincts, you really don't know what you're looking at if you can not tell the difference !! And no, it is not just price. As you may have noticed with the lack of replies, no one is really interested in opinions from someone who isn't even putting the boots on their own feet !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back