Roast The footy department!

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I was all for getting an older, wiser coach, but getting Brendan Bolton seems like a master stroke for the Blues. Amazing.

Now I was all for getting an older, wiser coach, but getting Brendan Bolton seems like a master stroke for the Blues. Amazing.

It was the right decision
Bolton has Fitzpatrick, Neil Craig ,John Barker ,Andrew MacKay heading up footy operations and the list goes on and on
All he has to do is think about coaching
You get the impression Rocket is like a one armed wall paper hanger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon, seriously.....does it really matter how old the coach is! I seem to remember Rattan, Knights, Sanderson, McKenna all getting the flick. Now I'm not going to say I'm the greatest supporter of Rocket but wtf has age got to do with it. If the players can't play for someone because of their age, then send them packing.
They're being paid to be professional footballers, so age doesn't come into it.......

Sorry Lloydy, I didn't like you as a player, with all your sniping, and it seems like you've brought it with you into the media world....remember, there's a whole new world outside of the Victorian borders.....maybe you should try exploring it one day.....

Must be a couple doctors or someone similar still at the club from the past years?

Swallows at bloody North Melbourne FC being treated.. I doubt the Suns like that being posted around on Media platforms.

I've never seen PCLs take so long to come back from or to come back then have further issues

Saads had Hip Groin and quad issues since day dot.

Club allows Dion and Touk to carry there injurys into games and run around on 1 leg.

Ablett 2 years on still carrying his shoulder..

I know we spent big and got in a extra 6+ high performance staff..
Basic soft tissue injuries have come down.. :D
But jeez.

It's just players can't get back to full health, whoever works in this area...

No idea. But bugger off.

Last edited:
I've never seen PCLs take so long to come back from or to come back then have further issues
Dave's PCL is fine. It's the bone itself that is of concern. Different injury, possibly as a result of dodgy surgery or returning to running too quickly, but most likely from the second time he injured it. You can get pretty severe bone bruising if the ligament pulls off the bone itself, rather than just tears medially.

I don't know what he did to his PCL or how severe it was graded, but Dave's injury is secondary to his PCL injury.

Eade is bloody hopeless but there's more to the troubles than him. The entire football department or lack thereof is more of a problem than the head coach imo.

Regarding age, some of the best coaches in world sport are "old".

- Pete Carroll (65)
- Bill Bellichick (65)
- Gregg Popovich (67)
- Claudio Ranieri (64)

Helps when your injury list has 4 first year players only. Lets see how he goes now that Casboult and Kreuzer are gone.

Must be a couple doctors or someone similar still at the club from the past years?

Swallows at bloody North Melbourne FC being treated.. I doubt the Suns like that being posted around on Media platforms.

Saads had Hip Groin and quad issues since day dot.

Club allows Dion and Touk to carry there injurys into games and run around on 1 leg.

Ablett 2 years on still carrying his shoulder..

I know we spent big and got in a extra 6+ high performance staff..
Basic soft tissue injuries have come down.. :D
But jeez.

It's just players can't get back to full health, whoever works in this area...

No idea. But bugger off.

They are the best in the business at injury prevention. I'm glad he's still in contract if he is making visits to the medical departments of other clubs.

He got them to three prelims in a row! He would have won the premiership if it wasn't for a little team called Geelong.
Spose thats one way to look at it, but still he didnt win them a premiership and the poor Dogs are still waiting. I dont know about you but I want our Suns to win one in my life time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back