Resource The Footy Jumper Book - Vintage Football Guernseys of Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Partially shameless plug for a book that my father co-wrote (releasing next week) but will certainly be of interest to many on here. Having got an early copy it's indeed an incredible collection of jumpers from every state and territory, men's/women's jumpers and some really nice stories.

The Footy Jumper Book - Vintage Football Guernseys of Australia - Tim Rath & Andrew Gigacz

FJB.jpeg FJB2.jpeg

Showcasing over 320 vintage guernseys from the 1890s to 2000s, The Footy Jumper Book captures the history & tradition of a revered aspect of Australia’s game. Superb high-resolution photographs of the jumpers, coupled with personal anecdotes from players that wore them, create a truly unique insight into the game & its people. Features foreword by Martin Flanagan.

Last edited:

Anyone picked this up and can give a review? I’m keen but $90 is a big outlay for a book.
I've got it and it's quite nice, although I'm a big sucker for design books like this. It's pretty much just photos of all sorts of footy jumpers with a few paragraphs about the player/club that wore it. There some sections as well that go into specific types of jumpers as well (SoO, lace-ups, School footy etc.).

I picked it up at Readings in Melbourne, so might be worth seeing if you can find in a local bookshop somewhere and have a flick through before you buy. $90 is probably a bit more than I'd like to pay, but for folks on this board who nerd out on things like monograms and long sleeves, it's a decent reference book.

I've got it and it's quite nice, although I'm a big sucker for design books like this. It's pretty much just photos of all sorts of footy jumpers with a few paragraphs about the player/club that wore it. There some sections as well that go into specific types of jumpers as well (SoO, lace-ups, School footy etc.).

I picked it up at Readings in Melbourne, so might be worth seeing if you can find in a local bookshop somewhere and have a flick through before you buy. $90 is probably a bit more than I'd like to pay, but for folks on this board who nerd out on things like monograms and long sleeves, it's a decent reference book.
my local bookstore closed :'(

I got this delivered today but have no idea why, does anyone know if it was a prize for a competion?
Checked my bank accounts and I've never paid for it nor is there anything in my emails.
Nice enough book but I'm confused why I have one! :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back