FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Sausage eating challenge. Captivating TV

Would be good to see Sam Newman on another TV network.
One of the very few in the media or on tv that are not robots. Speaks his mind and is genuinely entertaining.

Bec and Hutchy can get ****ed.

Garry and James (+ Sam) had great chemistry together imo. Still cannot believe they put on that egg head and Bec to replace them.

They need to get someone like Chris Judd in there to bring some life back into the show. Bec and Hutch are as funny as a kick in the pills.

They need to get someone like Chris Judd in there to bring some life back into the show. Bec and Hutch are as funny as a kick in the pills.
They need to get Eddie McGuire back as host. It's becoming the Geelong show rather than the footy show.

They need to get Eddie McGuire back as host. It's becoming the Geelong show rather than the footy show.

THe show always seperated itself by taking the piss out of itself and the players. They used to do songs and get the players involved. Hutch and Bec literally add nothing funny at all and Sam is the only one who takes the piss out of the players. Its one step away from becoming another sanitized crappy channel 7 show.

THe show always seperated itself by taking the piss out of itself and the players. They used to do songs and get the players involved. Hutch and Bec literally add nothing funny at all and Sam is the only one who takes the piss out of the players. Its one step away from becoming another sanitized crappy channel 7 show.
Agreed. I don't bother watching it because the guys who made us laugh aren't there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sausage eating challenge. Captivating TV

Would be good to see Sam Newman on another TV network.
One of the very few in the media or on tv that are not robots. Speaks his mind and is genuinely entertaining.

Bec and Hutchy can get ******.

Agreeed, he is the only person in the media that speaks his mind 110% keyword the "only"

I hope your being sarcastic
Judd has been hilarious on mmm.
Agreeed, he is the only person in the media that speaks his mind 110% keyword the "only"

There will never be anyone else like him either. Everyone is way too scared of slightly offending anyone

Yeah maybe that was because Brayshaw was such a greedy campaigner
Disagree. James Brayshaw is actually quite funny. He's better than that insensitive hutchy. I refuse to watch the show now that JB's not there. Hutchy is just somebody that cropdusts the studio with unfunny crap.

Even though Sam can be a "jerk" at times, think he's the only reason the show is still going as he can be quite funny at times as long as he doesn't go overboard with some of his antics!!

I still love Sam, but he's not enough to have me watch. I've not watched a full episode in years.... I even gave up on the grand final edition (which for a time was the only "full" episode I'd be able to sit through). The Eddie/Sam/Trev years were must see and never missed and episode.

Not even a topless Rebecca Maddern would have me switch over.

Topless Hutchy on the other hand..... JOKING :p

Disagree. James Brayshaw is actually quite funny. He's better than that insensitive hutchy. I refuse to watch the show now that JB's not there. Hutchy is just somebody that cropdusts the studio with unfunny crap.

No what I'm saying is that Brayshaw wanted more money. Instead of something $50,000 an episode, he wanted $200,000. Obviously my numbers aren't right but it was something ridiculous like that.

I miss James Brayshaw, I miss Garry. They were good hosts - the footy show was relevant.

* it was an excellent show for years- literally didn't miss a show from 2000.

The show was on life support when Eddie left

The ratings would say completely otherwise.

Garry and JB were significant better than eddie was in 03-05 I think everyone forgets how Collingwood focussed it was- it was a show for the corporates. Garry and JB had their knocks but they knew their audience and catered perfectly for it.

One mistake Garry & JB did make is that they didn't cultivate any super player profiles like Ed did with doug, derm, chief etc. and focussed to heavily on Crawf & Bill. But I think that is more to do with how the footy landscape changed between the early to mid 90s and the mid 00's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back