The Footy Show - Begininng of the End ??

Remove this Banner Ad

No it is just ANZ stupidly ruling themselves out of some great exposure.

As it was described this morning they don't specifically advertise in that show, so it was a "symbolic gesture" - where "symbolic" = "worthless". The ANZ have got some good publicity out the whole idea that they are standing on their morals by not sponsoring a show they never sponsored in the first place, in a code of football heavily sponsored by one of their major competitors (purely coincidental of course). In fact I wouldn't be particularly surprised if NAB advertised heavily in the footy show - I rarely watch it, I've probably watched 3 - 4 episodes ever, so I've got no idea.

Why don't they track Allen Jakovich down & put him in place of Sammy, he was always good value on that show. Bring back Jacko. :thumbsu:

I've always enjoyed the show but must admit to losing interest fairly rapidly of late. Gaz is ok, Brayshaw's blokiness comes off as forced....Sam tries to 'shock' everyone each week with more and more predictable and immature ways and his whole 'I don't care about footy' schtick is truly wearing thin. Even the regular panelists are lame these days....Fev's an oversensitive 7 year old who makes me cringe, Nathan Brown about as interesting as a broken fridge with a metro haircut and the less said about Nathan Thompson the better. Trev has never been funny.... EVER! Baffling as to why he's still there. I know it's a bit late for him but imagine Lou Richards being behind the bar.... the man would piss all over each and everyone of these clowns.
Now there is a true great footy character and genuine funnyman.

Wow, now that I write all this down- I realize I really can't stand it!

So why watch it? Because it's what you've been doing every Thursday night for 15 years and you aren't going to stop anytime soon.

I would like to see the Footy show become more a Footy show. I hope it is the beginning of the end for its current format.

Cut the crappy segments. Discuss the games for longer than 10 secs per game. More in depth talk on footy issues.

Go watch Footy Classified then.

It's an ENTERTAINMENT program.

Footy Classified isn't a preview show of games. I do watch Footy Classified. I would like a preview of the games Footy Show on Thursday, not an entertainment program. Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ANZ have got some good publicity out the whole idea that they are standing on their morals by not sponsoring a show they never sponsored in the first place,

Am I the only one that finds the idea of a bank taking a moral stand on anything a little hard to swallow?

So latest reports are out that the ANZ bank has decided not to advertise during the broadcasts of the AFL Footy Show.
This is in response to the recent controversy around the show's treatment of women.

Is this an indication that this show is now truly in decline? It seems to have struggled recently, and Sam looks somewhat uninterested.
Maybe he's lost some of his mojo ?

Do Brawhaw and Lyon try too hard? I though they worked better during the short lived "Any given Sunday" program they co-hosted a few years ago

Or, has it "Jumped the Shark?"

Surely Ch9 will wrap it up within the next couple of years

The Footy Show - the beginning of the end? Either you wish, or you joke - either way not a chance in hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back