The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the Thursday night "Footy Show" was dead and buried ? And only the Sunday Footy Show would remain as is.

For a weeknight football entertainment show they needed to get rid of the footy show name, no matter what they try and do - it'll just have the stench of the past. Granted now I think the shoe is on the other foot (Ch 7 trying to capture The Footy Show market with 4 Quarters and Live & Kicking in the 90's) - Channel 9 will try and emulate The Front Bar humour (not much of a viewer of that show, would rather poke my eyes out with toothpicks!) and stuff it up.

e1e28f8306d7f2412688e5b340ce79fe

something seems off about this picture. It feels very photoshopped,

Should not be called The Footy Show, the only link to TFS is Crawford and to a lesser extent Fevola, but this is meant to be a new start. The format is different, the cast is different, it should have its own identity. Leave The Footy Show name for the specil big event eposodes (which Sam and Eddie are still apart of).

No idea who this revamp is aimed at, Lehmo is a nice bloke but isn't funny and Alcott would be better on a tennis based show. Naomi is a substantial improvement on Bec but is probably too professional and serious for this group.

At least that lump of poo Newman is finally (mostly) gone. The show will be a s**t sandwich but at least we won't have big Sammy polluting our airwaves with his outdated 1950s views on the world.
Sam was a breath of fresh air considering everybody under his age is too much of a pussy to say it how it really is. I didn’t watch the footy show to hear from PC do gooders and see quotas of women and wheelchair presenters fulfilled

I'm disappointed with the new level of representation tbh. They should have gone further..why is there no one from the lgbtiq community on the panel? Hannah mouncey should be on there
Hannah mouncey too white. What they really need is a trans person of colour in a wheelchair, they would get the viewers lining up to watch this surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam was a breath of fresh air considering everybody under his age is too much of a pussy to say it how it really is. I didn’t watch the footy show to hear from PC do gooders and see quotas of women and wheelchair presenters fulfilled

A breath of fresh air? He's been doing the same thing since for 30 years! His views on gays, transgender, the disabled, women and (especially) essendon's drug cheating are offensive and have been for decades

A breath of fresh air? He's been doing the same thing since for 30 years! His views on gays, transgender, the disabled, women and (especially) essendon's drug cheating are offensive and have been for decades
If your offended by one little mans opinion then the problem lies with you. If your feelings are hurt by what he says then you can turn it off

If your offended by one little mans opinion then the problem lies with you. If your feelings are hurt by what he says then you can turn it off

I don't watch it and haven't for years.

Every few months the flog is on the news for his latest shenanigans. He's out of step with modern society

I don't watch it and haven't for years.

Every few months the flog is on the news for his latest shenanigans. He's out of step with modern society
you don’t think modern society shares some of Newman’s views? If you don’t then you’ve been living in an echo chamber.. views like Sams have been pushed underground due to the media and how unpalatable it’s become to speak the truth if it’s inconvenient.

you don’t think modern society shares some of Newman’s views? If you don’t then you’ve been living in an echo chamber.. views like Sams have been pushed underground due to the media and how unpalatable it’s become to speak the truth if it’s inconvenient.

aka being racist/homophobic/sexist
not really something we should celebrate in a modern society. it'll disappear soon enough.

aka being racist/homophobic/sexist
not really something we should celebrate in a modern society. it'll disappear soon enough.
It really won’t. The above tags mean sweet FA to me now as they get thrown around Willy nilly these days. There’s a lot of people just like me who won’t bow down to the thought police and will continue to question things and have their own ideas, no matter how much people try to pidgeon hole and shout racist! Mysoginist! Transphobic! Fat shamer! Etc. In fact I think it will come back in vogue to drop all the bullshit and call a spade a spade.

They’ve literally just tried to do the third revamp in four years

First was adding Bec Maddern, second was bringing in Eddie, and now this big mess

I thought Crawf quit 9? So he basically quit Kids WB just to do IACGMOOH lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back