The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam and in general some cast of the show did have a degree of casual sexism and once or twice racism about it in the 90s period. You can’t deny that didn’t occur.

It also had some hugely emotionally memorable moments. The whole EJ Whitten period was as raw as it gets on live TV and made for all encompassing, compelling viewing.

Sure. The Winmar incident was bad, but Nicky came on the show a week later and had a laugh with Sam. There's a difference between a joke and racism.

As for the sexist element? They also heavily took the piss out of men aswell, wasn't a show that only said things about women while tip toeing around men. They were ruthless on blokes and other tv shows but as soon as someone with thin skin chose to be offended they had to pump out a fake apology

Oh come on !!!! Surely brownless mispronouncing words for two decades is the height of comedy.

I don’t know man, showing Garry Lyon crying on the stretcher every second episode rivaled Fawlty Towers and The Simpson’s for ground breaking comedy.

Have a sook...utter garbage

Who's having the sook. You are posting on a thread about something you haven't enjoyed for 20 years. That's insane.

I don't watch game of thrones but I'm not on the thread bitching about it constantly. * off

Who's having the sook. You are posting on a thread about something you haven't enjoyed for 20 years. That's insane.

I don't watch game of thrones but I'm not on the thread bitching about it constantly. **** off

And I’m on here to celebrate the end of the show so go **** yourself

And still not half as pathetic as the show.
That you haven't watched for 20 years. I'm guessing you got embarrassed on street talk in the 90s, people laughed at you and you've been writing in complaint letters every week since

That you haven't watched for 20 years. I'm guessing you got embarrassed on street talk in the 90s, people laughed at you and you've been writing in complaint letters every week since

I’m guessing you’re a Newman stalker

I’m tipping he got bullied as a youngster by someone less feminine than him and is bitter and scorned from it. Now anyone with a hint of masculinity and an alpha personality is a ‘sexist, racist, fat shaming pig’.
Good luck to you Barry, don’t let the world get to you so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprising you wouldn't have any real friends to celebrate with, turns out no one likes you on the internet either.

Huge “Footy Show is dead” party going on here...thousands. You should get off Sam’s lawn and get out more

Have met Sam and spoken with him on numerous occasions at the club. He's a gentle giant. He's actions on TFS and social media are an exaggeration. I think his supporters would be disappointed with the real sam.

The same can be said of many people in the public arena. However, those who never get to see him outside his media persona have nothing else to gauge him on. As they say, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, there's a good chance it's a duck :)

Have met Sam and spoken with him on numerous occasions at the club. He's a gentle giant. He's actions on TFS and social media are an exaggeration. I think his supporters would be disappointed with the real sam.
Not at all. He’s opinions are real, but like modern society does, it’s quick to pigeonhole; Controversial opinion= bad person. I think just about every person that sees the merit in Sam would not be suprised at all to know that he’s as genuine as they come. I know people that have done work for him at his house and say nothing but good things about him.

i hope you w***ers who bagged the show are happy now.

first you bitch and moan about thee being a lack of football content, and the show is all about entertainment and jokes.

they give you more football content, then you criticize it for it not being entertaining enough.

I bagged it constantly and I'm very unhappy - I wanted this trainwreck to be on forever.

I reckon ive heard more than 10 occasions of people saying that when they were down on got in some controversy that Sam was the first to ring them and see if they were ok.

Not at all. He’s opinions are real, but like modern society does, it’s quick to pigeonhole; Controversial opinion= bad person. I think just about every person that sees the merit in Sam would not be suprised at all to know that he’s as genuine as they come. I know people that have done work for him at his house and say nothing but good things about him.

Well I am judging him on my exchanges and interactions with him personally, not through third parties or what people think. I have discussed things said on his podcast, and he's admitted he doesn't believe some of the stuff he says, but does it for entertainment purposes.

His views as I said are exaggerated, and he is actually very reasonable. His views are taking the piss sometimes. He comes across as one of the far right, but i'd say he is moderate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back