The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

I reckon ive heard more than 10 occasions of people saying that when they were down on got in some controversy that Sam was the first to ring them and see if they were ok.

Probably right. It's like when a celebrity is in trouble, supporters say he/she does a lot of charity work and is a family person.

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im asking if you think it would.

I do think it would of made a difference. I think a big appeal for the show with a huge segment of viewers, was Sam Newman’s unapologetic political incorrectness.

Once that was reined in, and replaced by increasingly obvious efforts at wokeness, it’s no surprise the show fell apart.

We are in the midst of a fight back against the third wave banshees ramming this toxic masculinity bollocks down are throat, and people in general, are sick of wokeness and political correctness, and replacing Sam Newman and the rest with a women, a disabled bloke and a typically soy Aussie comedian, was only going to end one way.

I do think it would of made a difference. I think a big appeal for the show with a huge segment of viewers, was Sam Newman’s unapologetic political incorrectness.

Once that was reined in, and replaced by increasingly obvious efforts at wokeness, it’s no surprise the show fell apart.

We are in the midst of a fight back against the third wave banshees ramming this toxic masculinity bollocks down are throat, and people in general, are sick of wokeness and political correctness, and replacing Sam Newman and the rest with a women, a disabled bloke and a typically soy Aussie comedian, was only going to end one way.

Show has been s**t for far longer than that.

There's only so much you can milk out of pie face gags, a bloke on a stretcher or a bloke saying "oh really" or "jeepers".

Sam's best work was calling out the AFL for s**t, not cringy blackface gags or the Caro doll s**t.

If Sam being reined in was the beginning of the end it was only because he had to be reined in, back in the day he could genuinely funny and on the edge without really tipping over into overt nastiness, but once he lost that ability it was just another of the things that TFS used to do well that was gone.

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Vale the footy show

It used to be must see tv, in terms of news and team announcements, but the 24/7 footy coverage and the Internet changed this, along with the changing nature of tv in that is should not “offend” anyone

Vale indeed.

A certain sad, yet pointed, irony that a Footy Show hosted whilst two of Rove’s people were holding the reigns, and when it was at the peak of its “safe” wokeness, was was when it finally got the bullet.

The sooner the media realises the only ones outside of there echo chamber that give a bollocks about political correctness and being woke, are SJWs on Twitter, hardline LGBTQIXYZ activists and w***ers like Peter Fitzsimmons and Waleed, the better.

Last edited:

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
If PC was the reason for the shows demise, sam would've fallen on his sword much earlier and resigned.

I’ve never understood why he didn’t.

It’s been obvious that Sam hasn’t enjoyed the gig in years.

I blame Gary Lyin'.

Agree, its funny how he put the blame on Sam.

Yet after all the stuff with Billy he all of sudden has mental health and comes back after a year in hiding and goes to a rival network and gets a promotion. Could've went back to Footy Show and manned up !

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree, its funny how he put the blame on Sam.

Yet after all the stuff with Billy he all of sudden has mental health and comes back after a year in hiding and goes to a rival network and gets a promotion. Could've went back to Footy Show and manned up !

Could you really of seen Garry and Billy working together again?

Could you really of seen Garry and Billy working together again?

No but i just find it funny that the 1 to voice up in the media this week was Gary.

He lost his voice when all the drama happened...lol

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
It was pretty much the Sam Newman Show, which had thrived and survived for 25 years. Once the star was removed, nobody had a reason to watch it and it was never going to make it as a prime time offering. Sad to see it go, but it was gone anyway.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
It was pretty much the Sam Newman Show, which had thrived and survived for 25 years. Once the star was removed, nobody had a reason to watch it and it was never going to make it as a prime time offering. Sad to see it go, but it was gone anyway.

All the people saying that it's about Newman and political correctness seem to have forgotten that no one was watching it the last 2 years either.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
All the people saying that it's about Newman and political correctness seem to have forgotten that no one was watching it the last 2 years either.
The ratings had dropped away, but significantly more were watching it over the past two years than tuned in to this year's train wreck.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Have met Sam and spoken with him on numerous occasions at the club. He's a gentle giant. He's actions on TFS and social media are an exaggeration. I think his supporters would be disappointed with the real sam.

Well I am judging him on my exchanges and interactions with him personally, not through third parties or what people think. I have discussed things said on his podcast, and he's admitted he doesn't believe some of the stuff he says, but does it for entertainment purposes.

His views as I said are exaggerated, and he is actually very reasonable. His views are taking the piss sometimes. He comes across as one of the far right, but i'd say he is moderate.

Was Sam Newman exaggerating when he talked about Muslims on talkback radio?

People watch * all TV if they think so-called political correctness was the problem. Biggest show in the world, Game of Thrones, has had incest, rape and murder the whole time. No shortage of comedy shows 'telling it like it is' either. These dip shits are Channel 9's best friend; they're not getting any blame for pumping out garbage.

Last edited:

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Tim Allen has had a show since 2011 where he 'tells it like it is'. It keeps an audience as it's not a painfully unfunny pile of s**t like this was.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
People watch **** all TV if they think so-called political correctness was the problem. Biggest show in the world, Game of Thrones, has had incest, rape and murder the whole time. No shortage of comedy shows 'telling it like it is' either. These dip shits are Channel 9's best friend; they're not getting any blame for pumping out garbage.

This is pretty much spot on, if a show like Games of Thrones can become one of the biggest program of recent years then PC is an excuse and it is true people are watching less T.V as they can watch streaming and access countless sources of entertainment online or on mobile without sitting don to watch T.V.

Back