The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is pretty much spot on, if a show like Games of Thrones can become one of the biggest program of recent years then PC is an excuse and it is true people are watching less T.V as they can watch streaming and access countless sources of entertainment online or on mobile without sitting don to watch T.V.

Game of Thrones has copped it from twitter/buzzfeed/SJW leftist outrage mobs though....just isn’t as personally targeted on a specific individual or as heated because they can’t go after the actors, because they are....acting.

For example, remember the Sansa rape hysteria.

Then only a few weeks back they tried to suggest the Arya/Gendry scene was basically paedophile bait.

Game of Thrones has copped it from twitter/buzzfeed/SJW leftist outrage mobs though....just isn’t as personally targeted on a specific individual or as heated because they can’t go after the actors, because they are....acting.

For example, remember the Sansa rape hysteria.

Then only a few weeks back they tried to suggest the Arya/Gendry scene was basically paedophile bait.

Never heard any of that about Arya/Gendry's sex sense, and Arya and the actress playing Arya (Maisie Williams) are both over 18. The only reason Arya might be seen as a child is she is short compared to Sophie Turner aka Sansa.

I find it sad that the "Footy Show" has ended.

However, I find it sadder how many people have glee about this, and are happily dancing on TFS's grave.

As for "The Front Bar", here is my prediction. Andy, Mick, Sam, enjoy your favourable status while you can, because the same critics of TFS will now come for you.

"The Front Bar" is now the big dog, the tall poppy. It is now the one people will try to cut down.

You all turned a blind eye to any of TFB's ills, because you needed it to succeed to knock off your hated FS. Now, it has done that.

The focus will now be on TFB, and the humorless, hateful losers who hated TFS will now turn on TFB.

It might not be this year, next year, or the one after, but one day, very soon, TFB will become the new target of derision and shame, and told how it is filth when compared to "The Mangrook Footy Show". Mick Molloy will make an innocent joke that the easily triggered will get offended by, and he will be looked on as the new "Sam Newman".

IT WILL HAPPEN! I GUARANTEE IT! IT.....WILL.....HAPPEN!

It will happen because there are three guarantees in life- death, taxes and SJWs ruining anything which is fun and funny.

The Footy Show was a TV institution for 26 years, and is among IMT, Hey, Hey It's Saturday, Playschool, Countdown and other iconic Australian shows which will be remembered 50 years from now (I doubt the Front Bar or the Mangrook Footy Show will), and the Footy Show will be talked about as more important to the fabric of society than anything achieved by humourless PC losers in their pathetic, dead-end lives.

However, I find it sadder how many people have glee about this, and are happily dancing on TFS's grave.

As for "The Front Bar", here is my prediction. Andy, Mick, Sam, enjoy your favourable status while you can, because the same critics of TFS will now come for you.

"The Front Bar" is now the big dog, the tall poppy. It is now the one people will try to cut down.

You all turned a blind eye to any of TFB's ills, because you needed it to succeed to knock off your hated FS. Now, it has done that.

The focus will now be on TFB, and the humorless, hateful losers who hated TFS will now turn on TFB.

It might not be this year, next year, or the one after, but one day, very soon, TFB will become the new target of derision and shame, and told how it is filth when compared to "The Mangrook Footy Show". Mick Molloy will make an innocent joke that the easily triggered will get offended by, and he will be looked on as the new "Sam Newman".

It will happen because there are three guarantees in life- death, taxes and SJWs ruining anything which is fun and funny.

The Footy Show was a TV institution for 26 years, and is among IMT, Hey, Hey It's Saturday, Playschool, Countdown and other iconic Australian shows which will be remembered 50 years from now (I doubt the Front Bar or the Mangrook Footy Show will), and the Footy Show will be talked about as more important to the fabric of society than anything achieved by humourless PC losers in their pathetic, dead-end lives.

You and others running the PC line seem to be ignoring the commercial reality, channel 9 needs ad revenue and a show with less than a half full MCG size audience isn't going to satisfy channel 9. I agree its sad the show has been axed but the writing has been on the wall for sometime due to poor decisions and changing media landscape is putting pressure on the FTA networks. Ironically the laws written during the Howard years designed to protect the existing media companies is now hurting them as they are limited for what they can do.

Don’t just like this post. Love it.

Especially the bit about the Marngrook Footy Show.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone bag The Footy Show and then in the next sentence, virtue signal there preference for the infinitely more decent/non racist/non toxically masculine/inclusive/less “blokey” Marngrook Footy Show, I would be a rich man indeed.

Attacking The Footy Show became fashionable for the self identifying progressive left. Of which Melbourne is the national epicentre.

Cultural cringe at its finest.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone bag The Footy Show and then in the next sentence, virtue signal there preference for the infinitely more decent/non racist/non toxically masculine/inclusive/less “blokey” Marngrook Footy Show, I would be a rich man indeed.

Attacking The Footy Show became fashionable for the self identifying progressive left. Of which Melbourne is the national epicentre.

I’m guessing you two yell a lot

This Marngrook show must rate about 2 million viewers a week.

Honestly though, hear a lot of woke types waxing lyrical about Marngrook...but why?

Is it the ‘feels’ it gives you as a whitefella to sit there and feel you are being all woke and on board with what the media and the left tells you you have to be into in Australia circa 2019 to not be labelled a racist?

Or do you just say you watch it to earn virtue points, when in reality you watch The Front Bar or AFL 360 like the rest of us?

Last edited:
This Marngrook show must rate about 2 million viewers a week.

The network with the Marngrook show doesn't appear to have channel 9's issues. Eddie said he wanted to change the show's name but Sydney disagreed and everyone can see channel 9 has been off loading its expensive personalities and looking for savings.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/05/nine-looking-at-new-afl-shows.html

The Herald Sun reports Shane Crawford and James Hird filmed a pilot for a round-in-review show at the end of December with Gold FM host Christian O’Connell. The show is aimed at a late-night Sunday timeslot.

It’s believed the earliest a new show could go to air is July.

---------------------
kill it with fire!

Although that crew sounds horrible there is a hole in the market for genuine review of the games

You and others running the PC line seem to be ignoring the commercial reality, channel 9 needs ad revenue and a show with less than a half full MCG size audience isn't going to satisfy channel 9. I agree its sad the show has been axed but the writing has been on the wall for sometime due to poor decisions and changing media landscape is putting pressure on the FTA networks. Ironically the laws written during the Howard years designed to protect the existing media companies is now hurting them as they are limited for what they can do.

No, I know that the Footy Show ended because of bad ratings. It had struggled for the last couple of years, and wasn't rating well.

But too many are saying that "The Front Bar" is partly responsible for it, when I think it would have ended anyway, the way it was going, and TFB's only contribution is that it happened sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you actually READ my post? I DEFENDED the Footy Show, not bagged it, and any criticisms I have of it is based on that it isn't as funny as it used to be, and things about the production values.

I didn't virtue signal "The Marngrook Footy Show". I said that just like people made TBF look virtuous compared to TFS, the same virtue signallers will now turn on "The Front Bar", and say that the MFS is better by comparison (because it contains the types of panellists Lefties like).

I am actualy CRITICISING those who wanted the Footy Show dead, and have predicted that the same people will want "The Front Bar" dead down the track as well, since they hate anything fun or funny, and want everyone to be as miserable as them.

Did you actually READ my post? I DEFENDED the Footy Show, not bagged it, and any criticisms I have of it is based on that it isn't as funny as it used to be, and things about the production values.

I didn't virtue signal "The Marngrook Footy Show". I said that just like people made TBF look virtuous compared to TFS, the same virtue signallers will now turn on "The Front Bar", and say that the MFS is better by comparison (because it contains the types of panellists Lefties like).

I am actualy CRITICISING those who wanted the Footy Show dead, and have predicted that the same people will want "The Front Bar" dead down the track as well, since they hate anything fun or funny, and want everyone to be as miserable as them.
The fact that you're viewing the reaction to footy shows through the prism of politics indicates to me that you are projecting a bit too much. If TFS was still funny and entertaining, it would still be on the air.

Haha what a pathetic sob story. You clearly (even though a denial is inevitable) have some involvement in the show whether as a host or staff member and this emotional yet comical rant is clearly a coping mechanism.

I mean who wouldve thought a show involving Lehmo would fail, or mental halfwits like Crawford and Fevola... never saw that coming.

Yeah the footy show had a great run but blaming outside sources for that demise is excusing those involved in the show post jb/garry lyon.

Tend to scoff at anyone saying they saw the shows demise a decade ago or more. The reality was it still rated extremely well and was very entertaining right up until the end of JB and Garry’s reign as hosts. When that partnership ended only then was the show on its last legs, not before. Even then, kudos to Nine for trying some different personnel and some different concepts - it didn’t work, but so be it.

Let’s not brush over just how much of a juggernaut in football this show was for a long, long time. Knocking off work on a Thursday for many years always had a certain excitement attached to it and when that theme song started playing it was officially the beginning of the footy for the weekend.

The show died a long time ago. What we saw on the screens was a living death. Even with Sam and Eddie it was limping on. It was Hey Hey It’s Saturday dinosaur TV that had no place today. The 2019 version shouldn’t have even been made, and definitely had no right to be called ‘The Footy Show’. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

No, I know that the Footy Show ended because of bad ratings. It had struggled for the last couple of years, and wasn't rating well.

But too many are saying that "The Front Bar" is partly responsible for it, when I think it would have ended anyway, the way it was going, and TFB's only contribution is that it happened sooner rather than later.

I'm yet to be convinced the frontbar has that much going for it but as you say it contributed to the TFS demise in terms of taking ratings off TFS. Channel 9 seem to be directionless at the moment, they have also ended their business channel partnership with Sky.

The 2019 version shouldn’t have even been made, and definitely had no right to be called ‘The Footy Show’. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Wow.

Are you bigoted against people in wheelchairs?

Are you a misogynist?

Bigotry, toxic masculinity and misogyny everyday in this place!!!

🤣

i hope you w***ers who bagged the show are happy now.

first you bitch and moan about thee being a lack of football content, and the show is all about entertainment and jokes.

they give you more football content, then you criticize it for it not being entertaining enough.
Would that we could go back to the years of showing Garry Lyon on the stretcher three times an episode.

Show has had nothing to offer for well over a decade.

Agree, its funny how he put the blame on Sam.

Yet after all the stuff with Billy he all of sudden has mental health and comes back after a year in hiding and goes to a rival network and gets a promotion. Could've went back to Footy Show and manned up !
Gary Lyon passing off his infidelity for mental health issues is disgusting and something that upsets me as someone who has anxiety and suffered from depression. The prick should have been forced to man up and face the consequences of cheating on his wife and betraying a close friend. Instead he got a hall pass and accepted back into the media after growing a hideous beard and no apology.

* that ugly prick.

Last edited:
Paramedics and Kings Cross ER have taken the footy show time slot for this week

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back