The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ch 9, PLEEEEEZ leave The Sunday Footy Show alone.
If it goes to prime time they will fa'k it up. I hope it's just a rumour.
It won't rate enough in prime time because it won't appeal to a broad enough audience, so they'd then tweak it and tweak it until it resembles the ordinary stuff they put to air in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It won't rate enough in prime time because it won't appeal to a broad enough audience, so they'd then tweak it and tweak it until it resembles the ordinary stuff they put to air in the last couple of years.
I think it's just for the Grand Final edition, I can't see them moving it to a prime time slot permanently. For one thing they would have to change the name of the show, and above all it's a review program, not a preview one. So this is a once off.

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely agree

If they do decide to move the Sunday show to Thursday, then they will wreck and people will still watch the Front Bar
Then there will be a footy show size hole in the hearts of many on a dusty Sunday morning so they will watch Game Day (even though it’s sucks!)

Please don’t change the Sunday Footy Show

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
The MyRoom Telethon will go ahead on Thursday 29 August at 7.30pm, however this year it won't be branded as a "The Footy Show" special.

Eddie McGuire will host, and other presenters will include Shane Crawford and Lavinia Nixon.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Will they still do a Sunday edition of the Footy Show the day after the grand final this year?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Will they still do a Sunday edition of the Footy Show the day after the grand final this year?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I'd imagine they would. Would be a first if they didn't.

The thing I find disappointing is that Footy Classified never airs after the Grand Final. It's an AFL review show and AFL doesn't get any bigger than Grand Final weekend.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, I've said before that I reckon it's odd that Footy Classified doesn't have a post-grand final episode.
In fact, I think someone said on here that the show could probably go for another month and talk about trades, etc

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Eddie McGuire announced on Triple M this morning that The Footy Show Grand Final Edition will air on the evening of Wednesday 25 September from 8.30pm, in order to avoid a clash with The Front Bar on Thursday.
The live show will start at 7.00pm at Rod Laver Arena, but will air on delay after The Block.

Back