The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Remove this Banner Ad

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Why? What do Fox & 7 owe Nine?

Well nothing but one day they’ll need something in return

Allowing 10 mins to commemorate probably one of the longest running shows in this country is a bit of good will isn’t it

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The Sunday Footy Show team's one-off Friday show on at the moment has been 10x better than the Grand Final revue thing with Eddie, Sam and Trevor.
Sunday footy show is always great watching. Maybe too much footy, should just talk s**t the whole time, great banter

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Sunday footy show is always great watching. Maybe too much footy, should just talk s**t the whole time, great banter

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I will never get sick of them taking the piss out of chompers. Never

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Channel 9 are going to move this to Thursday next year and ruin it, aren't they?
I personally don't think moving it to a Thursday would ruin it at all. Sunday mornings I'm usually either sleeping off a big night or out doing something with my weekend and I reckon many others are in a similar boat. I say move it to prime time (as long as they don't alter the format or personnel), and let the more straight bat, analytical, boring types do a show on a Sunday morning. The banter and chemistry between the Sunday team is perfect and IMO should be moved to a spot where more TV's are switched on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
I personally don't think moving it to a Thursday would ruin it at all. Sunday mornings I'm usually either sleeping off a big night or out doing something with my weekend and I reckon many others are in a similar boat. I say move it to prime time (as long as they don't alter the format or personnel), and let the more straight bat, analytical, boring types do a show on a Sunday morning. The banter and chemistry between the Sunday team is perfect and IMO should be moved to a spot where more TV's are switched on.
I don't think the timeslot has any bearing on the quality of the show. It's the fact that it would have a primtime slot and that it's going head-to-head with the show that killed the original Footy Show. I have no faith in Channel 9 staying hands off if it doesn't beat The Front Bar in the ratings.

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think the timeslot has any bearing on the quality of the show. It's the fact that it would have a primtime slot and that it's going head-to-head with the show that killed the original Footy Show. I have no faith in Channel 9 staying hands off if it doesn't beat The Front Bar in the ratings.
Not saying the timeslot has a baring on the show - just that more people would be able to watch it. I'd personally choose The Sunday Footy Show over The Front Bar if they went head to head also but I'm only one man and I understand that would obviously be the concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back