Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You are a brave man saying that in these parts. If Georgie was confined to a wheelchair some posters on here would still say we shouldn't have traded him and he would make our current midfield better.
And if a player left the Swans and won 5 consecutive Brownlows there would be some posters on here still saying we did the right thing getting rid of him because he's a money-hungry scumbag and we are better with whatever mediocre draftee we got

George Hewett is a better clearance player than any player in the current 22. Bad back aside he would be invaluable in an upcoming finals series. Would take him over Parker from a centre bounce clearance situation any day. Not half the Player Parker has been but unlike Luke he does not look like he is operating in ankle deep wet cement out of the middle. It is cut and dry what the problem is in the middle and that is the nimbleness up on their toes opposition and our sometimes balance of that and strength. If we had that balance,inconsistency during games aside we would win the flag in a canter. Bit off topic but all relevant to George. He’s gone and I understand the reasoning and support it but when I see the ball march out of the middle in the opposite direction I think if only we had George.
You put it better than i would

We went through the same stuff wheb Mitchell went. He was surplus to requirements for US. No team can afford to pay big bucks to one player when there are others who are not far off, younger, cheaper or some players who might be better.

Mitchell won a Brownlow in a lesser midfield where he wasn't our fourth best behind Kennedy, Parker and Hanners.

George is a little different as Horse & co. took a risk that would pay dividends if the young guys could step up, even moving Kennedy aside in a 'Break Glass' if needed role. Gutsy call, but the right call too.

As an aside, good to see Hanners performing well in his VFL comeback. Hope his operation means he can get a good run of footy.

We went through the same stuff wheb Mitchell went. He was surplus to requirements for US. No team can afford to pay big bucks to one player when there are others who are not far off, younger, cheaper or some players who might be better.

Mitchell won a Brownlow in a lesser midfield where he wasn't our fourth best behind Kennedy, Parker and Hanners.

George is a little different as Horse & co. took a risk that would pay dividends if the young guys could step up, even moving Kennedy aside in a 'Break Glass' if needed role. Gutsy call, but the right call too.

As an aside, good to see Hanners performing well in his VFL comeback. Hope his operation means he can get a good run of footy.

bwahaha ...Thanks for the laughter. Such a fun satirical post.

bwahaha ...Thanks for the laughter. Such a fun satirical post.
Didn't think it satirical at all, more logical.

You do realise Unc that people are allowed to have differing views to you and that they are every bit as reasonable as your views and just because they are different views to yours doesn't automatically mean they are wrong?

Or has that rationale escaped you?

Didn't think it satirical at all, more logical.

You do realise Unc that people are allowed to have differing views to you and that they are every bit as reasonable as your views and just because they are different views to yours doesn't automatically mean they are wrong?

Or has that rationale escaped you?

my error...I really did think the poster was trying to be amusing.

I watched him , he was okay that's all, no tackles 1 mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanners is back! 😄

For the non-twitteratis out there. As much as I dislike the 'aints, it's good to see our boy back on his feet. Deep down, Hanners will always be a Swan. I guess we owe some debt of gratitude to the 'aints for handing him a nice chunk of their cap. It's a win for Hanners, a win for us and a win for all those who dislike the 'aints.🍻

Last edited:
I watched him , he was okay that's all, no tackles 1 mark
I meant 'performing well' by his standards of the past few years, when he's struggled to get on the park. We Swans fans know just how good Dan's best could be. A true Blood.

Ben McGlynn leaving his assistant role at St Scum , moving to Mildura

Jude Bolton interview by Swans die hard fan Donnie.

Kane Cornes - top 5 taggers
1. Brett Kirk (241 games for Sydney)

“That Sydney team, if you ever went to the SCG and played there, they had about eight taggers.

“(Ben) Mathews, (Jarrad) McVeigh, (Jude) Bolton could do a bit of it, and it was tough to get a kick.

“I just wanted to pay my tributes to those because the art of tagging is dead.”

Ryan Clarke would like a word with Cornes
Ryan Clarke does not compare to Brett Kirk in any way, shape or manner... except that he tries his heart out each and every time.

With all due respect to Ryan, Kirky is in the tier below Kelly, Goodes, etc., and Ryan is role player of a few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back