Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell also said this about his 2016 where he played every game he was available for:

“I just had a funny feeling during the year that I lacked opportunity... I was either playing in the reserves, and the games I was in the seniors I’d come off the bench every quarter or play low game time.

So, ya know, pinch of salt and all.

Not sure if this has been posted but would have been a s**t experience for Tom Mitchell.

Sorry Cry Me A River GIF by Offline Granny!

Lol@the responses to Tom's plight. I'm sure his own attitude contributed to that sort of treatment, and he IS constantly whining about why he's always on the outer without looking at his own behaviours and wondering whether his attitude has contributed to that kind of response from his leaders (and I'm sure it has).

But I agree with Bedford, Sam Mitchell is no good. That was a poor display of leadership on his part, rather than confront the issue like a man one on one. He pulled some passive-aggressive bullshit against a player in front of the entire playing group. Very poor form by him.

Great to see Alex Johnson is our Spud's Game Ambassador tonight. He might not figure very highly on our most games played list, but I think it shows how highly the club continue to value his contribution. And it's nice that he still likes us enough to accept!

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 46

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Rankin game high 32 disposals 10 tackles 6 marks and a goal for Port Melbourne

Ryley Stoddart 23 disposals and 10 marks for Williamstown

Lachie Rankin game high 32 disposals 10 tackles 6 marks and a goal for Port Melbourne

Ryley Stoddart 23 disposals and 10 marks for Williamstown

I discern the Swans' influence in the 10 tackles. I don't think Lachie was doing that before he spent two years with us.

Good luck to him. I hope he can find his way back to AFL level. He's an amiable fella.

Anybody here know If Hanners is playing anywhere this year ? Sprung him running around Albert Park Lake at 9 o'clock this Morning on the Grand Prix Track which is about a 5.5km run complete with no shirt, heart monitor and pacer on a bike. I was not going exactly slow so I thought I would try and stick all be it on the opposite side of the road. Before I could blink he had put 100mtrs on me and looked like he was jogging. I reckon he has covered it in about 22 minutes max. Bloke is a beast of a runner and I can now see why his gut running was revered AFL Wide. Much bigger in person as well. Great to see him so fit and healthy.

Anybody here know If Hanners is playing anywhere this year ? Sprung him running around Albert Park Lake at 9 o'clock this Morning on the Grand Prix Track which is about a 5.5km run complete with no shirt, heart monitor and pacer on a bike. I was not going exactly slow so I thought I would try and stick all be it on the opposite side of the road. Before I could blink he had put 100mtrs on me and looked like he was jogging. I reckon he has covered it in about 22 minutes max. Bloke is a beast of a runner and I can now see why his gut running was revered AFL Wide. Much bigger in person as well. Great to see him so fit and healthy.

Old Xavs in the VAFA

Of all players who’d get an ounce of sympathy from me, Tom is close to the bottom of the list. I don’t hate him (don’t know him) but he reeks of "me, me, me!" and that perception is all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back