Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Did he deck you at some stage . If he's that bad he'd be in jail and listen im not hiding behind a Swans champ who is a very decent person , not like some others.
If he wasn't an AFL player he probably would be in gaol. How many regular people get away with repeated acts of thuggery like he has without criminal consequence? Do you think any of us could break someones jaw in public and not be facing assault charges?

Why do you keep trying to minimise what he has done? How does that match with your professed hatred of violence?

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Round 11, 2004. Essendon and Hawthorn play at the MCG, a game that comes to be known as the "Line in the Sand" game. The Hawks had been rubbish for a while, Essendon had won 9 of the last 10 matches between the two rivals by an average of 38 points. It is half time, the Hawks are already trailing by 6 goals, and Dermot Brereton goes in to the Hawks rooms and tells them to get physical.

The third quarter quickly devolves into an extended melee across the entire ground after Chance Bateman takes out 19 year old Jason Winderlich with a hip and shoulder to his head, the kind of act that these days gets you suspended for a chunk of weeks. Concussed and bleeding, Winderlich is led from the ground by trainers, while the rest of the players from both sides get stuck in to each other.

Winderlich had almost been led all the way back to the boundary, 100m from the rest of the action, when Campbell Brown, also leaving the field of play, strikes him.

He hit a concussed and bleeding player who was in the hands of the trainers and being led back to the bench. This is the kind of person that Campbell Brown is. Why anyone would want to defend him is beyond me.

The best thing about the last 2 pages of inane drivel, are that they're all based on the opinions of a bloke about another a bloke that nobody here knows.

:thumbsu:

Aye. I see the veteran Cheer Squaddie has been up and about offering his insiders view.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Guys.... seriously?!

You all look ridiculous. Like bickering kids.

You disagree about something. Great. Move on & stop trying to get under each others skin. It's almost christmas... Show some christmas spirit.
Just relax GTG .Merry Xmas , that might offend some these days.

1575941245209.png

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure if you'll be able to get past the paywall but here are a few key quotes from the story on James Rose joining South Adelaide.

“I would have made the same decision, if I was Sydney,” Rose says.
By Rose’s own admission he was “pretty naive” and “a selfish little person” when he arrived at Sydney...
“It got hard to shake the perception that I created for myself early days in Sydney,” says Rose. “I’ll be the first person to admit I could not defend to save myself early days, I didn’t even know what it was.
“I think I’m a completely different player now to what some people perceive me as.”
“Obviously I would have loved to stay for a bit longer but, in terms of what they did for my headspace and maturity, I’m really thankful and wouldn’t have had it any other way,” Rose says.

Good on you James, it would've been easy to ride back into your hometown with a different attitude. Honest and mature answers. I hope you get another crack at AFL.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Mitchell likely to play against the Saints tomorrow night, I wish him all the best.

Tom Mitchell likely to play against the Saints tomorrow night, I wish him all the best.
hope he gets through unscathed...but happy for him to have a shocker.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Jetta. I don't remember his touches being that important in the 2012 gf but this was good.

Could have also kicked a couple goals if he struck those 2 kicks a little cleaner.

So bloody smooth when he was on song. Just made every touch count. That was a great little video too.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Former Swan Sanford Wheeler passed away

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Former Swan Sanford Wheeler passed away

Really sad news, very likeable bloke

Jetta. I don't remember his touches being that important in the 2012 gf but this was good.

Could have also kicked a couple goals if he struck those 2 kicks a little cleaner.

One of my favourite plays ever, coast to coast in 4 disposals. Jetta opened it up.

Back