Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

f’ed over because they were out of contract and we had no power in the trade.

Day 1 of Hawthorn trade period, Mitchell goes "I'm going to the Hawks". We ask them for 2 first rounders. They go "never gonna happen. First rounder or we get him in the pre-season draft".

What can you do in that situation? Take the first rounder or stick by your pride and get nothing because by not wanting to get f’ed, you get f’ed some more?
So Geelong got a shot deal for kelly last year?

Was nankervis behind all of them was he?
He played 7 games in 2016. Was in and out of the side. His last game for us was the 2016 Semi. He was dropped the next week when Tippett came into the side. Naismith also played both games.

So yes. He was behind them. Out of contract. Left for more opportunity. Took the best trade we could get at the time.

He played 7 games in 2016. Was in and out of the side. His last game for us was the 2016 Semi. He was dropped the next week when Tippett came into the side. Naismith also played both games.

So yes. He was behind them. Out of contract. Left for more opportunity. Took the best trade we could get at the time.
Should of played gf

Have reason we lost was because of Tippett

Showed no respect to nankervis

Should of played gf

Have reason we lost was because of Tippett

Showed no respect to nankervis
I'm not disagreeing with you. Though Tippett was AA half way through 2016 (if I am remembering my years correctly) but he was behind them in the order.

I didn't want Nank to go but he did.

And got bullied by Boyd lol
In literally the only good game he ever played in his career.

Honestly, 2016 Aliir would have beaten Boyd. But I don't want to get depressed about 2016 again. We are talking about how no matter what we do we suck so COVID should just end the club we go at the trade table

Swans weren't allowed to touch the doggies that match. Makes it hard to challenge Boyd when you'd hey pinged whatever you do. It's not a surprise Boyd's best match was when he got kissed on the dick by the umpires
The King has seen what i put up on facebook , evidence the umps cheated.
Jones was another who didn't get on with Horse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should play harder with our trades imo
Agree should play hard ball but you don’t want to end up in the scenario where Jack Martin walks to Carlton in the preseason draft. Suns get nothing.

Anyway we kept Papley and didn’t sell the farm for Daniher. We may not play hard ball but we don’t roll over.

Stewie Maxfield is working as a tree lopper atm, should be still employed instead of a couple of others !

Who should have gone then? Maxfield (football development manager / opposition analyst / gameday strategy) was not a line/assistant coach, so putting them aside who else should have gone instead?

Who should have gone then? Maxfield (football development manager / opposition analyst / gameday strategy) was not a line/assistant coach, so putting them aside who else should have gone instead?
Laidler , McVeigh. Anyhow this is for general discussion probably. I await the King after he has a coffee or 2

The King has seen what i put up on facebook , evidence the umps cheated.
Jones was another who didn't get on with Horse
Do you have a link to the umps thing? Wouldn't mind confirmation.

Laidler , McVeigh. Anyhow this is for general discussion probably. I await the King after he has a coffee or 2

The problem could be the fact those positions were stood down, and then there is a chance they need to make them redundant.

You can make a job title like his redundant because you can just absorb most of the role and if you need to rehire you make it a part of a group of new responsibilities, however you cannot change assistant coach or NEAFL coach without losing the position completely for 12 months when that position is required. His position can be absorbed by a few.

I think that’s more it and it has nothing to do with fairness unfortunately. I love Maxy too.

Also it’s on topic as Maxfield, Laidler and McVeigh are all former players lol :p

The problem could be the fact those positions were stood down, and then there is a chance they need to make them redundant.

You can make a job title like his redundant because you can just absorb most of the role and if you need to rehire you make it a part of a group of new responsibilities, however you cannot change assistant coach or NEAFL coach without losing the position completely for 12 months when that position is required. His position can be absorbed by a few.

I think that’s more it and it has nothing to do with fairness unfortunately. I love Maxy too.

Also it’s on topic as Maxfield, Laidler and McVeigh are all former players lol :p
Fair enough i just hate when they go off topic , i plead guilty

just changing the tone of the thread slightly, I really wish we had the capacity to offer matt nicks a job in a few weeks. i can see him not lasting this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back