Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Never heard this. Most of the players loved him. In fact I heard that he and Cyril were good mates.
From someone I know who was at the club- the players didn’t not like Bud, it was more Bud became more closed off from others the bigger his star grew. Probably has a lot to do with why he moved up to Sydney.

Don’t underestimate him at all.
No doubt the heart and mind are willing but Father Time waits for no man.
Everyone thought Ablett snr was finished as well but he played some of his best footy at a later age. There is a reason they are freaks

Buddy at this time of year is of course cherry ripe, in top nick, in the best shape he has been for years, training the house down, killing it on the track and set to bounce back to his brilliant best.
The Swans/AFL have hope and memberships to sell, so they would say that wouldn't they..
Love the bloke but he's a hammy twang away from an early retirement.
What are your lotto numbers for Saturday? Serious qstn

No way known he misses 10 weeks with a scope, either more to it or Sydney being ultra conservative with the timeframe.
He's 33 with a history of issues with that knee and has how many years left on the books?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the knee issues were mentioned at the begining of the long term deal
Remember when he hyperextended it during the first final then got up for the semi against the Swans and dominated?

That was 2011

He's 33 with a history of issues with that knee and has how many years left on the books?

3 more years on the books, I suppose this was never going to be the part of the deal that Sydney loved. He has managed 118 games through his first 6 seasons including 4 AA campaigns, the sad thing for Sydney is that it didn't result in the ultimate glory.

3 more years on the books, I suppose this was never going to be the part of the deal that Sydney loved. He has managed 118 games through his first 6 seasons including 4 AA campaigns, the sad thing for Sydney is that it didn't result in the ultimate glory.

1578536473311.png

Yep so with 3 more years on the books I'd be inclined to take a conservative approach when the season hasn't even started yet if I was the Swans

He did say "for Sydney". For us, it's bloody hilarious!

Correct, glad he never got another Premiership after selling his soul, I still love Bud as a player but delighted it seems he'll only taste the ultimate glory in Hawthorn colours.

Yep so with 3 more years on the books I'd be inclined to take a conservative approach when the season hasn't even started yet if I was the Swans

Yeah no point them rushing him, although if the reported injury is the correct one then I still think he'll play Round 1 even if they take it slowly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back