Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the way he left characterised that he's a campaigner of a person. He conspired to join them while still contracted to us for a year. He and the other snake, Pickering, then concocted the 9 year deal which meant we had zero capacity to match the deal and force a trade from them. Compare that to Dangerfield who was also a RFA, but pretty much requested Geelong to trade for him so Adelaide didn't get screwed.

I have no qualms with him leaving to be with his partner - he's only human. But he could have gone about it in a better manner. To stab us in the back on the way out - I concur with the above - * him.

Because the way he left characterised that he's a campaigner of a person. He conspired to join them while still contracted to us for a year. He and the other snake, Pickering, then concocted the 9 year deal which meant we had zero capacity to match the deal and force a trade from them. Compare that to Dangerfield who was also a RFA, but pretty much requested Geelong to trade for him so Adelaide didn't get screwed.

I have no qualms with him leaving to be with his partner - he's only human. But he could have gone about it in a better manner. To stab us in the back on the way out - I concur with the above - **** him.
Summed it up perfectly 89Adopter

I have no qualms with him leaving to be with his partner - he's only human. But he could have gone about it in a better manner. To stab us in the back on the way out - I concur with the above - **** him.

POTY!!!!

Franklin is a snake that conspired with king rat Pickering to screw us over. And this all began within a few weeks of us losing 2012.

I know personally, I wanted to beat the s**t out of anything in Red and White for about 6 months after that GF, but no, this campaigner goes and joins them.

Like many, had he accepted a GWS Godfather offer and pushed through a trade so we were looked after, I'd be fine. 2013 GF day would've been a fitting farewell.

Seeing him in tears last October gave me great joy and tbh, I enjoyed the 14 GF the most not because it was revenge on the AFL Swans, but again it had Franklin in tears. He can GAGF! Matt Suckling too!

There was a brilliant player, who played dazzling footy for us back in 2005 - 2012, number 23 and always wore a beautiful brown and gold jumper.

I don't see anyone wearing brown & gold at Sydney, does nothing for me.

We can take solace in the fact that we had him at his best. He is now well and truly on the decline (as is Gaz). His genes are starting to catch up with him and he's just too big now. He's no where near as fast or agile as he once was and that is what made him a star. He's never been contested mark gorilla. Sure, he'll throw in the odd cameo performance for 5-10 minutes here and there but 99% the dominant Buddy games are behind him. It's actually going to be a bit sad watching him try to do the things he used to do but now can't. Still, we have the DVDs and the premierships to keep us happy. What do the Swans have other than 6 years of salary cap problems?

We can take solace in the fact that we had him at his best. He is now well and truly on the decline (as is Gaz). His genes are starting to catch up with him and he's just too big now. He's no where near as fast or agile as he once was and that is what made him a star. He's never been contested mark gorilla. Sure, he'll throw in the odd cameo performance for 5-10 minutes here and there but 99% the dominant Buddy games are behind him. It's actually going to be a bit sad watching him try to do the things he used to do but now can't. Still, we have the DVDs and the premierships to keep us happy. What do the Swans have other than 6 years of salary cap problems?
TBH I think buddy's main problem is the lack of space he has to play in at the SCG. Bud has always played his best footy on wide open grounds where he can run his opponent up the ground and then burst into space heading back towards goal much like he did vs the Bulldogs the week before.

Anyway he no longer wears the brown and gold which still hurts and is a shame, I've honestly never been able to look at him the same way again when left.

If Grant Birchall, Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, Xavier Ellis, Josh Gibson, Jack Gunston, David Hale, Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Paul Puopolo, Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Shane Savage, Ryan Schoenmakers, Brad Sewell, Liam Shiels, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton, Matt Suckling and Clinton Young were all hiding out in an abandoned basement in 1942 Paris having just lost a decisive battle against the invading German army, Franklin would have been out in the street pointing out where they were hiding, for a couple of nights with the hot chick sitting on the back of the tank and a ride in their jeep.

Deep down buddy would be feeling slightly guilty about leaving hawthorn if he doesnt win another flag. I can guarantee that. Sometimes money isnt everything and neither is having the hot model girlfriend on your arm who instead of supporting her bloke and moving to melbourne forced him move to sydney so she could continue to live her self absorbed pretentious life. I see cooper cronk in that same light now. Your only a footy player for a part of your life if the other half cant compromise on that maybe she isnt worth it. Just my little rant on the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deep down buddy would be feeling slightly guilty about leaving hawthorn if he doesnt win another flag. I can guarantee that. Sometimes money isnt everything and neither is having the hot model girlfriend on your arm who instead of supporting her bloke and moving to melbourne forced him move to sydney so she could continue to live her self absorbed pretentious life. I see cooper cronk in that same light now. Your only a footy player for a part of your life if the other half cant compromise on that maybe she isnt worth it. Just my little rant on the topic.

Oh dear. Mate, Buddy wanted to move to Sydney regardless - all his rugby flog mates were up there as well.

Again - Jacinta and Tara have established media careers. Why should they have to move and put their careers in a potential stall and also leave family and friends for the sake of their partner. Why is the expectation solely on them? Cronk has one year, possibly two left to play. He'll almost definitely get a media job post-footy which would have seen him in Sydney anyway. I say good on both of them for defying bullshit expectations.

I'm still unforgiving on the method of Floglin's departure. Cronk is an example of how you do it as a professional. As is Dangerfield, as is Brad Hill.

If my wife got a job offer that was too lucrative and beneficial to give up then we'd be moving to Sydney in a heartbeat. I can do my job anywhere, and she is far more passionate about her line of work than I am.

Its not about moving to different states you could maintain a relationship while living in different states, i know many people that have done it and are doing it. Just because thats not how you view the world doesnt make your opinion right. Cronk has possibly 2 years left in the game, his missus couldnt wait that long? Please if its meant to be than its meant to be. Dont understand the haste. You should both compromise in the relationship, not bend over because your partner wears the pants.

Its not about moving to different states you could maintain a relationship while living in different states, i know many people that have done it and are doing it. Just because thats not how you view the world doesnt make your opinion right. Cronk has possibly 2 years left in the game, his missus couldnt wait that long? Please if its meant to be than its meant to be. Dont understand the haste. You should both compromise in the relationship, not bend over because your partner wears the pants.

And you know explicitly that this is how the Cronk situation has gone down? Damn those evil womens and their temptress ways! Couldn't possibly be that he wants to be closer to her so is pulling the plug on his career one year early (most NRL players don't go past 34 anyway, which he'll be at year's end) and that it was entirely his decision?

As it stands he's already signed a deal with Fox Sports from next year and will probably now earn similar money without the risk of concussion each week. If you're concerned for Cooper's welfare, don't be!

Welcome to the Hawthorn Relationship Guidance Counselling Service. Our experts are waiting for your call...

Fact 1: Sydney has the highest divorce rate in Australia
Fact 2: Divorce lawyers are more expensive in Sydney.

Good luck Buddy!

The problem wasn't that he left (which was still bitterly disappointing).

It was how he left.

Opening that conversation with them shortly after losing the GF to them and ensuring the way it was handled left us with SFA.

I'm completely over it now. I took no pleasure from seeing him play poorly last night in his 250th. If anything I feel pity for him.

Welcome to the Hawthorn Relationship Guidance Counselling Service. Our experts are waiting for your call...
Nice analogy, my advice is don't let your heart be broken by those who play the field and two-time Hawthorn.

Dear eldorado,
My buddy left me for another bird. Will I ever get my buddy back?

Buddy made $9M and is rooting a supermodel. I think he's pretty happy with himself.

Good on him. Living the dream. I doubt that he would be crying into his cereal bowl every morning.

We've done well without him.

Dear eldorado, I'm asking for a friend. how many dates before you can start leaving the toilet seat up and when is an acceptable period of time in a relationship to dutch oven your new missus under the doona?

Regards

Anon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back