Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear eldorado, I'm asking for a friend. how many dates before you can start leaving the toilet seat up
Dear Tyrone,

If you and your 'friend' both stand up to pee, then you're allowed to leave it up from the get go.

Dear eldorado, I'm asking for a friend. how many dates before you can start leaving the toilet seat up and when is an acceptable period of time in a relationship to dutch oven your new missus under the doona?

Regards

Anon
Dear Anon,

My advice is to get proactive. Complain when she leaves the seat down. Ask her why is it ok for the guy to have to lift the seat up, but not for the woman to have to put it down?

Tell her that you are a feminist, and believe in equal rights and responsibilities, and she should come around. If you have to, wear a cap that says "Feminist"...that seem to suck a few in these days...

Last edited:

Again I will say that Buddy can leave when he wants. But there are ways of going about it. We got a 2nd round draft pick for possible a player of his generation. Part of that is the system but part of that is Buddy.

I concur that I hope Buddy never wins anything at Sydney. Karma is a bitch...

Well done to Buddy Franklin on his 250th, while I won't remember or care about the swan stuff, I'll still remember the 2007 prelim, the 2 goals against essenscum and the the magnificent 13.
Above all the individual does not make the club, but the club makes the individual.

Because the way he left characterised that he's a campaigner of a person. He conspired to join them while still contracted to us for a year. He and the other snake, Pickering, then concocted the 9 year deal which meant we had zero capacity to match the deal and force a trade from them. Compare that to Dangerfield who was also a RFA, but pretty much requested Geelong to trade for him so Adelaide didn't get screwed.

I have no qualms with him leaving to be with his partner - he's only human. But he could have gone about it in a better manner. To stab us in the back on the way out - I concur with the above - **** him.

Perfect !!!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look on the bright side. It did football a favour. The AFL were expecting Franklin to head to GWS and they were as surprised by the Swans contract as anyone. As we all know, the AFL don't like these "surprises" and immediately changed their benevolent attitude towards the Swans.

We all knew the COLA was being misappropriated by Sydney when they took Tippett who was Brisbane bound. But when they took Franklin, bound for GWS, the following season, even the AFL sat up and took notice.

As for Buddy himself, he isn't that bright. He would have been told by the likes of Pickering that the deal would be a good one for Hawthorn, and Buddy would have believed it. I have no doubt he wanted to live in Sydney, but I don't believe for a moment that he knew he was screwing the Hawks.

As for Buddy himself, he isn't that bright. He would have been told by the likes of Pickering that the deal would be a good one for Hawthorn, and Buddy would have believed it. I have no doubt he wanted to live in Sydney, but I don't believe for a moment that he knew he was screwing the Hawks.

It's interesting - I remember reading at one point Pickering stated that it wasn't his deal that caused the problem, it was the AFL not enforcing it's "unusual and insufficient" clause in the FA compensation. The expectation was that Hawthorn would receive both #1 and a 1st round pick (which turned out to be 20).

Still not enough, but if we had Bontempelli or Josh Kelly running around (maybe even Tom Boyd) alongside McEvoy (I just realised we "traded" Franklin and Savage for McEvoy) :eek: it would be a slightly different story.

It's interesting - I remember reading at one point Pickering stated that it wasn't his deal that caused the problem, it was the AFL not enforcing it's "unusual and insufficient" clause in the FA compensation.

The same Pickering who said he was surprised by Franklin's decision to join Sydney? Seriously, I wouldn't trust a word Pickering says.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-buddy-franklins-signing-20170505-gvyzpj.html

"Former coach Paul Roos has attributed the big-money signing of star forward Lance Franklin to Sydney's acute slide down the AFL ladder this season.

After reaching last year's grand final, the Swans sit 0-6 as they look to rediscover their form in Sunday's clash with fellow strugglers Brisbane (1-5) at the SCG. Roos has given a negative assessment of the Swans' list, claiming it lacks depth as Franklin's 2013 recruitment on a nine-year deal reportedly worth $10 million eats into the salary cap.

"If you go after a player like Buddy, your list becomes skinny," Roos told News Corp Australia.

"The implications are if you go for a big star your back end of players is going to be skinny with a lot of rookies."

Much of the criticism of the Swans this season has centred on the form of its stars, with All-Australian on-ball trio Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dan Hannebery all down in numbers.

But Roos has also cast doubt on the Swans' ability to continue their envied record of successfully turning youngsters into AFL superstars,

"If you look at GWS and Melbourne they have more depth. Melbourne has Lewis and Hogan out but still has talent in reserves like Kent and Brayshaw," Roos said.

"They haven't got a marquee that gobbles up a lot of the salary cap. Whoever goes after Fyfe if he does leave Freo will have the same problem."

Premiership-winning coach Roos, who also blamed the Swans' poor season start on a limited pre-season for a number of key players, believes the club could turn around their fortunes in 2017.

"I'm confident with the Swans. They have to win 13-16 to make the eight but they're a team which could win six in a row, they've done it before," he said"

It's interesting - I remember reading at one point Pickering stated that it wasn't his deal that caused the problem, it was the AFL not enforcing it's "unusual and insufficient" clause in the FA compensation. The expectation was that Hawthorn would receive both #1 and a 1st round pick (which turned out to be 20).

Still not enough, but if we had Bontempelli or Josh Kelly running around (maybe even Tom Boyd) alongside McEvoy (I just realised we "traded" Franklin and Savage for McEvoy) :eek: it would be a slightly different story.

Look at what Geelong got for Ablett, you can see where Pickering may have been coming from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-buddy-franklins-signing-20170505-gvyzpj.html

"Former coach Paul Roos has attributed the big-money signing of star forward Lance Franklin to Sydney's acute slide down the AFL ladder this season.

After reaching last year's grand final, the Swans sit 0-6 as they look to rediscover their form in Sunday's clash with fellow strugglers Brisbane (1-5) at the SCG. Roos has given a negative assessment of the Swans' list, claiming it lacks depth as Franklin's 2013 recruitment on a nine-year deal reportedly worth $10 million eats into the salary cap.

"If you go after a player like Buddy, your list becomes skinny," Roos told News Corp Australia.

"The implications are if you go for a big star your back end of players is going to be skinny with a lot of rookies."

Much of the criticism of the Swans this season has centred on the form of its stars, with All-Australian on-ball trio Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dan Hannebery all down in numbers.

But Roos has also cast doubt on the Swans' ability to continue their envied record of successfully turning youngsters into AFL superstars,

"If you look at GWS and Melbourne they have more depth. Melbourne has Lewis and Hogan out but still has talent in reserves like Kent and Brayshaw," Roos said.

"They haven't got a marquee that gobbles up a lot of the salary cap. Whoever goes after Fyfe if he does leave Freo will have the same problem."

Premiership-winning coach Roos, who also blamed the Swans' poor season start on a limited pre-season for a number of key players, believes the club could turn around their fortunes in 2017.

"I'm confident with the Swans. They have to win 13-16 to make the eight but they're a team which could win six in a row, they've done it before," he said"

Hilarious he talks about the Dees like they are currently a top 2 side.

And the Tip rat came for free? At leasr Buddy has been on the park more often.

What about keeping the Syds in the headlines, at least people up here can name at least one Swan player! Worth it for the Karmichael Hunt/ Falau value alone. You know they had to do this, because most people switched off to the rolling maul that you created? He's there to excite, and revive the game after you brought it into disrepute.

Further to the article, was the explanation that both the Dogs and Swans played in the GF last year, and that they didnt get much of a pre-season.
Is he playing the old #hawthornproblems card or what?

soft****.

I still think it has been good for the Swans to get Buddy no matter what. They reached two grannies and he has been an entertainment machine which puts bums on seats in a rugby state.

Still hate the Swans and cry about losing Buddy every night by the way (it killed my 3 year old son at the time and for that I am still livid) but I don't buy this "it was a dumb decision for the Swans". Every club would love him in their side.

I still think it has been good for the Swans to get Buddy no matter what. They reached two grannies and he has been an entertainment machine which puts bums on seats in a rugby state.

Still hate the Swans and cry about losing Buddy every night by the way (it killed my 3 year old son at the time and for that I am still livid) but I don't buy this "it was a dumb decision for the Swans". Every club would love him in their side.
I agree that Buddy is a marketing machine for the game and club(s) His highlights reel speaks for itself. The way he presents himself on the field appears to be effortless, and inspires those around him. However I think where it has cost the swans, is through player retention. So far they lost Mumford (huge loss) Jetta, Maleski and Mitchell, by not being able to either afford or match other rivals bids. Recently they have given long term contracts to both Mills and Heaney in order o retain them, which just might cost them even further. Both Tippett and Bud with their contracts I think have costed the swans.

I agree that Buddy is a marketing machine for the game and club(s) His highlights reel speaks for itself. The way he presents himself on the field appears to be effortless, and inspires those around him. However I think where it has cost the swans, is through player retention. So far they lost Mumford (huge loss) Jetta, Maleski and Mitchell, by not being able to either afford or match other rivals bids. Recently they have given long term contracts to both Mills and Heaney in order o retain them, which just might cost them even further. Both Tippett and Bud with their contracts I think have costed the swans.
Tippett was ridiculous. Buddy is more worth the cash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back