Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
I just don't get why Channel 7 produced it when he's not near retiring yet, unless they know something we don't and Buddy doesn't.

It's like writing an autobiography when you're 21. There's still more of his career to go.
I'm pretty sure Royce Heart did that way back when also think he picked himself in some all star team of whatever while he was at it. Bathwater drinking at it's best, yes he could play but save the accolades for others to give.

Watched the Mike Fitzpatrick Open Mike a few days back and was staggered there hasn’t been more noise made over his admission that the AFL had been trying to get Buddy to GWS.

To me, it’s absolutely scandalous that the AFL were trying to manipulate the competition behind the scenes like that in trying poach a player on a particular team’s list. Surely the hawks would be fuming?

Of course it’s understandable that the swans go for him, alls fair in the competition between clubs. But the officiating league, that’s pretty bad...

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Watched the Mike Fitzpatrick Open Mike a few days back and was staggered there hasn’t been more noise made over his admission that the AFL had been trying to get Buddy to GWS.

To me, it’s absolutely scandalous that the AFL were trying to manipulate the competition behind the scenes like that in trying poach a player on a particular team’s list. Surely the hawks would be fuming?

Of course it’s understandable that the swans go for him, alls fair in the competition between clubs. But the officiating league, that’s pretty bad...

Try as hard as they did, Buddy still snookered them, so when he moved he fickle AFL just changed their spots and now give him all the support he needs as a $wine.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Buddy at Hawthorn Frees for 219 against 397, at Sydney frees for 132 against 157, so the question is more discipline at Sydney ? Or do the umpires just see the game differently when he's in a red and white jumper ? Also never been suspended at Sydney in 4.5 years, we all know about his Hawthorn days.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bump.....So there you have it. Buddy had already undertaken a medical with Shitney mid 2013. He was clearly never going to stay despite all the bullshit we were being fed by him and that snake Pickering. Just so happy that he and Shitney have failed to win a premiership and hope that continues. They ******** deserve each other.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ly-in-the-race-for-buddy-20181221-p50nt4.html

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2007
Torquay
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bump.....So there you have it. Buddy had already undertaken a medical with Shitney mid 2013. He was clearly never going to stay despite all the bullshit we were being fed by him and that snake Pickering. Just so happy that he and Shitney have failed to win a premiership and hope that continues. They ******** deserve each other.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ly-in-the-race-for-buddy-20181221-p50nt4.html

Makes me laugh when people think that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

So here's proof that the highest profiled player in the AFL, while under contract, met with another club in January & then a few months later had a medical....:rolleyes:

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Makes me laugh when people think that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

So here's proof that the highest profiled player in the AFL, while under contract, met with another club in January & then a few months later had a medical....:rolleyes:
We always knew Buddy approached Shitney, but the mid year medical test? That’s news to me. Isn’t there some sort of rule against this, or is it deemed ok if the player instigates it. I’m certain clubs aren’t permitted to go poaching contracted players??

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
We always knew Buddy approached Shitney, but the mid year medical test? That’s news to me. Isn’t there some sort of rule against this, or is it deemed ok if the player instigates it. I’m certain clubs aren’t permitted to go poaching contracted players??

It’s the love story of our times. Bud met Jessinta during the finals, and by the grand final week (where Hawthorn played sydney) he had reportedly approached the move to sydney. We don’t know the exact order (yet). I don’t think we know who thought of the GWS red herring, but it was a definite tactic, and had been used with the tippett move

realhawk

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Buddy at Hawthorn Frees for 219 against 397, at Sydney frees for 132 against 157, so the question is more discipline at Sydney ? Or do the umpires just see the game differently when he's in a red and white jumper ? Also never been suspended at Sydney in 4.5 years, we all know about his Hawthorn days.
Correct, similar to when plugger Lockett left the Saints to play for the Swines. Not much love with the umps or the judiciary wearing the saints jumper , but a complete love affair when he was wearing the AFLs red and white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Nah let it keep it running. I still shake my head when I see him in a swans jumper, makes me want to puke.

Gotta laugh how he dropped Pickering like a hot potato and signed up with his Mrs’s management for “wider opportunities “

God bless Napoleon for giving Pickering the ass once he found out what he did.

May he never win a single premiership whilst he is with that overhyped, AFL backed franchise.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah let it keep it running. I still shake my head when I see him in a swans jumper, makes me want to puke.

Gotta laugh how he dropped Pickering like a hot potato and signed up with his Mrs’s management for “wider opportunities “

God bless Napoleon for giving Pickering the ass once he found out what he did.

May he never win a single premiership whilst he is with that overhyped, AFL backed franchise.
In fairness once he signed with the Swans he wasn’t in need of a football manager again

Flamin Joe

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg, Norwood
Is it just me or did he add 10 years since the end of the season?

Maybe it's the short hair but when I saw this photo yesterday it was first time I though to myself that Buddy looks old.

Capture.JPG

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking 5KG lighter than he normally does at this time of year, expecting him to want redemption for a 10 game season in 2019. Wouldn't shock me if he kicks 60+ earning a 9th AA guernsey in 2020.

I'll be so happy for him if/when he reaches goal 1,000... Could very well be the last player to achieve this milestone in our lifetime.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Buddy with a short hair cut, looks pretty fit , saw an article about his body change so what's he done? Got skinnier, or bulked up?

I couldn't see any difference if he has leaned down a bit, he maybe faster than he's ever been, as for looking old, half the young blokes you see on TV that plays AFL look like they're about 45 some of them , whether its the stupid haircuts or just that training like mad dogs for months ages them prematurely, who knows but there are a couple who look like old mid life blokes and they are about 25, Shuey looks old whereas bloody Fyfe looks 14 .

Back