Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, similar to when plugger Lockett left the Saints to play for the Swines. Not much love with the umps or the judiciary wearing the saints jumper , but a complete love affair when he was wearing the AFLs red and white.

The last thing Gil and his clowns want is northern state teams struggling because their marquee players are getting rubbed out...

Buddy with a short hair cut, looks pretty fit , saw an article about his body change so what's he done? Got skinnier, or bulked up?

I couldn't see any difference if he has leaned down a bit, he maybe faster than he's ever been, as for looking old, half the young blokes you see on TV that plays AFL look like they're about 45 some of them , whether its the stupid haircuts or just that training like mad dogs for months ages them prematurely, who knows but there are a couple who look like old mid life blokes and they are about 25, Shuey looks old whereas bloody Fyfe looks 14 .

Hard to detect recreational substances with a close cut

I'll be so happy for him if/when he reaches goal 1,000... Could very well be the last player to achieve this milestone in our lifetime.
Will almost certainly be the last "ground invasion" moment of any of our lifetimes, because I seriously doubt anyone will ever kick 100 goals in a season again (in the VFL/AFL).

I couldn't see any difference if he has leaned down a bit, he maybe faster than he's ever been, as for looking old, half the young blokes you see on TV that plays AFL look like they're about 45 some of them , whether its the stupid haircuts or just that training like mad dogs for months ages them prematurely, who knows but there are a couple who look like old mid life blokes and they are about 25, Shuey looks old whereas bloody Fyfe looks 14 .
Chronic inflammation.

Fev being stranded on 99 goals was funny, Buddy clawing his way to 999 and no more would be huge.
Whenever that game is brought up Clarko has said that it would have been much better to have had both guys kick 100 goals. Partly because it's such a rare thing that might not ever happen again, but more so because seeing two players bring up the tonne in the same game is even rarer (and maybe it hasn't ever happened before?).

If Buddy kicks the 50-odd goals he needs to reach 1000 next year and is playing in round 23 against us then it's very likely he'll be going around again. So if he didn't bring the 1000 up in that game it's not like we've completely prevented it from happening. But if it's just 1 or 2 goals away and it's not going to hurt our potential finals position then I think Clarko would be keen to see Buddy tally up goal 1000 against us. Clarko can be angry but he's not petty. I reckon he'd love the opportunity to go congratulate him out on the ground after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm backing him to get it in 2020, long off season resting the body and desperate to prove the doubters wrong he's finished as an elite forward.

He needs to kick 56 goals to get there, and he averages 62 goals a season. He's only failed to kick 50 goals in a season 4 times, only twice outside of his first 2 seasons and those were marred by injury.

I'm predicting him to more than the 56 goals, genuinely think he'll give the Coleman and the elusive 9th AA selection a tilt.

He needs to kick 56 goals to get there, and he averages 62 goals a season. He's only failed to kick 50 goals in a season 4 times, only twice outside of his first 2 seasons and those were marred by injury.

I'm predicting him to more than the 56 goals, genuinely think he'll give the Coleman and the elusive 9th AA selection a tilt.

I'd love to see him get a 9th AA selection, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think he'd be the first player to have 9 if he does.

I'd love to see him get a 9th AA selection, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think he'd be the first player to have 9 if he does.

There's a logjam of Harvey, Ricciuto, Ablett Jr and Franklin on 8 - it'd be nice for it to be him and not Crablett that makes the record.

Yeah I think Dangerfield is the one that has to be watched now, think he's up to 6 ? not slowing down at the minute.

Up to 7 - don't reckon his style of play will see him get too many more though. Explosiveness can go quickly.

Will almost certainly be the last "ground invasion" moment of any of our lifetimes, because I seriously doubt anyone will ever kick 100 goals in a season again (in the VFL/AFL).
Out of current players, Ben Brown I think is most capable of kicking 100 in a season, which could happen if North Melbourne have an exceptional season in which Brown remains injury free.

Agree.
Unfortunately the game has evolved with more low scoring matches are the recent trend, also most forwards now play more up the ground, then we have the required player bench rotations - therefore designated full forwards rarely have the opportunity to kick big bags anymore.

Recent example. GWS v Suns R.23, J Cameron kicked 9 goals (also assists in 3 others) but because of rotation policy he was off the ground for a total of 18 minutes...

Related pet peeve is; why does any player who kicks a goal in the first 5 minutes of a match need to be rested on the bench, but if they happen to kick a point they stay on the ground anyway...?

Last edited:
Some of the comments in this thread...

Did I make a wrong turn and end up on the Swans board or does Jesinta have 30 aliases?

fu** him- hope he ends up on 999

Nah, coz then 999 will add to the legend.. hope he falls some unremarkable amount short... lets say no more than 983...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back