Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/n...7/default.aspx

"The Fremantle Dockers have appointed Mark Stone as stoppages coach for 2012. The 44-year-old father of two has been stoppages coach at the Sydney Swans for the past four seasons. Prior to that, Stone was stoppage and opposition analyst at West Coast from 2003 to 2007."

As a fremantle supporter, i am happy with the news especially if we can get as good a you at stoppages.

What is your opinion about Mark Stone?

devo. but you never know, i'm sure theres someone who'll fill the spot and continue the high standard.

Hope you don't mind another intruder, but could I ask what the Swans fans general view of Stone is like?

It feels like a great coup for us, considering how strong the Swans are in the stoppages and have been for a while.

I don't know a whole lot about him and I'm not sure how many other Swans fans would know much about him aside from what his role has been.

His record with successful clubs is outstanding though. With WCE through the mid 2000's (including a premiership) and with us since 2008 during which time we've been an outstanding stoppages side.

His cattle made him look pretty good.

Tend to agree. WCE had Judd, Kerr, Cousins and Cox....not a bad midfield. With you guys he's been lucky enough to work with Jolly, Goodes, Kirk, Bolton and Jack.

Will admit it though, if he's responsible for your stoppage hardness, I'm stoked.:thumbsu:

Tend to agree. WCE had Judd, Kerr, Cousins and Cox....not a bad midfield. With you guys he's been lucky enough to work with Jolly, Goodes, Kirk, Bolton and Jack.

Will admit it though, if he's responsible for your stoppage hardness, I'm stoked.:thumbsu:
Could be a big loss, I wouldnt know how much influence he has had but like an earlier poster said its another thing Ross has taken from us, tried with our gameplan too but it was past its used by date. Be prepared for some boring footy.

I wonder how much influence he has had on Kennedy? He is a beast and a clearance machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had that disliking for years, he's an aloof boring dog who will take away that flair that Freo have.
Stone is a good bloke and good at what he does, with Lyon's record of assistants leaving i wouldn't be buying a house in Perth.

+1

Freo play a very exciting brand of footy. If Lyon does top them what he did to StKilda, I honestly can't see it working out. Freo are far to free flowing with kids that want to take the game on. Something's gotta give.

Or maybe Freo's players will be sick of losing and not living up to expectations and will buy into what Lyon offers. He's only been in successful programs and I would think that Freo wouldn't give a s**t what kind of footy they play as long as they win and contend in the finals.

Ridiculous the amount of crap Lyon cops, he coaches to his teams strengths. To make successive grand finals with the quality of cattle at his disposal was pretty impressive (I'm talking the bottom 12 in the 22)

I expect the Dockers will still be fast and free flowing but will have a harder defensive edge than they currently do, could be scary!

Nobody bags Roos about his coaching style which isn't dissimilar

Ross is just a poor man's Roos*

*Ironic cause he's probs chilling with his millions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back