FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon there was something 'special' in Santo's blue beer, the bloke was buzzing. The other 3 lads couldn't get a word in Lol

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
No Sam Pang, no Front Bar. Had to turn it off, Mick Molloy wouldn't shut up. Who's the other guy? I never thought I'd see the day when Andy Maher was the most entertaining guy on the panel.

Was coming to ask about this. I haven't really watched The Front Bar but thought I'd give it a chance tonight as the Dogs v Suns game wasn't really pulling me in. I was disappointed to see Sam wasn't on I really like him and think he's funny. Was gonna ask is the show normally like that? With Mick speaking over everyone, not allowing anyone else get a thought out? It's like he wants to get all the jokes out before someone else does.

I've heard good things about it, but tonight wasn't very good IMO I couldn't last past the first ad break.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Was coming to ask about this. I haven't really watched The Front Bar but thought I'd give it a chance tonight as the Dogs v Suns game wasn't really pulling me in. I was disappointed to see Sam wasn't on I really like him and think he's funny. Was gonna ask is the show normally like that? With Mick speaking over everyone, not allowing anyone else get a thought out? It's like he wants to get all the jokes out before someone else does.

I've heard good things about it, but tonight wasn't very good IMO I couldn't last past the first ad break.

I hadn't seen the show without Sam Pang before. It's as though he keeps Molloy in check somehow, but last night was unbearable. I switched off after 10 minutes. Molloy was like the shark who needs to keep moving so he doesn't die, Molloy seemed to think he had to keep talking.

Yes, that was his name. Who is he?
1/2 of hamish and andy

1595555632298.jpeg

better known for being mr meagan gale once upon a time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't seen the show without Sam Pang before. It's as though he keeps Molloy in check somehow, but last night was unbearable. I switched off after 10 minutes. Molloy was like the shark who needs to keep moving so he doesn't die, Molloy seemed to think he had to keep talking.
It’s bad without Sam and yes it feels like they’re frightened of any awkward silence.

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Andy Lee is contracted to C9, they had to give him a gig to justify his salary - it's the only reason he was brought in. It's not working, nothing against him as he seems like a decent bloke but he is not a good fit for the show at all.

Surprised by the comments on Lee, think he's alright.

Mick on the other hand is hopeless and is unfunny outside of anything done by Working Dog.

Sam does make the show though.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox

Its normally very good , worth giving another shot . That was probably the worst ep I've seen tbh .

Sam keeps Mick in check normally and Andy Lee is ok when he has a brief cameo/segment ( Ryan Fitzgerald was way better )

Deledio was an ok guest but the best eps normally have the guests from 70's/80s .

Like I say its normally worth a look

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Surprised by the comments on Lee, think he's alright.

Mick on the other hand is hopeless and is unfunny outside of anything done by Working Dog.

Sam does make the show though.

I don't mind Andy Lee either, he's not as good as Sam Pang but he does a decent job filling in.

Disagree on Mick though, he can be pretty funny but he needs someone like Sam there to take the piss out of him and keep him in check.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back