FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This segment with Kevin Sheedy on indigenous players is kind of racist.
Some very uncomfortable awkward silences as Kev discusses indigenous players like they're newcomers to the game who are all the same.
In my opinion, the singling out of indigenous players in AFL goes too far, to the point of it being casual racism, condescending and casual separatism. Aren't we all supposed the same? Why single out indigenous groups?
I'd rather hear "he's the best player from the NT".
Do sports in other countries have "best black team vs the all stars"? Or best Hispanic team vs the black guys? It may have happened, but I've never heard of anything like the "best black NFL team of the decade"

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
In my opinion, the singling out of indigenous players in AFL goes too far, to the point of it being casual racism, condescending and casual separatism. Aren't we all supposed the same? Why single out indigenous groups?
I'd rather hear "he's the best player from the NT".
Do sports in other countries have "best black team vs the all stars"? Or best Hispanic team vs the black guys? It may have happened, but I've never heard of anything like the "best black NFL team of the decade"
I am not sure about all of this but it is overdone.Why is Gavin Wanganeen the boundary rider on ch 7.? With due respect I am not sure if he does this regularly or is it because of indigenous round? happy to be updated.

I am not sure about all of this but it is overdone.Why is Gavin Wanganeen the boundary rider on ch 7.? With due respect I am not sure if he does this regularly or is it because of indigenous round? happy to be updated.

Im not sure on that either. I am also unsure whether he is cut out to be a boundary commentator or whatever they call it

Back