FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t finish. Mostly cause I have no idea about aflw and it’s players.

I did lol when Bec Goddard said she hates commentating but does it cause there’s not enough females in the box, no representation in the commentary teams.

Maher was oddly silent on this.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Looks like an attempt to start another false controversy by accusing complaints of being sexist rather than genuine gripes about having the show content changed without warning during AFL-M season. I even get annoyed and don't watch when Molloy or Pang is replaced by the mediocre 'Fitzy'.

There's no reason they can't have an AFLW version of the Front Bar instead of cannabilising the AFL-M version.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Looks like an attempt to start another false controversy by accusing complaints of being sexist rather than genuine gripes about having the show content changed without warning during AFL-M season. I even get annoyed and don't watch when Molloy or Pang is replaced by the mediocre 'Fitzy'.

There's no reason they can't have an AFLW version of the Front Bar instead of cannabilising the AFL-M version.

They could call it the Ladies Lounge.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeah but nobody would watch. Most females couldn’t care less about sport.

Theyre trying to attract a male audience. Males don’t watch any other female sport, why would they now start following AFLW?

AFL-M?

Yeah but nobody would watch. Most females couldn’t care less about sport.

Theyre trying to attract a male audience. Males don’t watch any other female sport, why would they now start following AFLW?
remember the first ever aflw game, it was a lockout at princes park? the hysteria, the hype that the game's arrived, the crowds are massive etc? now...

Back to the show and last nights episode. Well, doesnt just apply to them, but to all in the afl media. DO you know they know the ins and outs of the AFLW and the players. Everyones a star, player X is a great etc. Id be surprised if in this case maher knows the players and their attributes, stats etc

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Back to the show and last nights episode. Well, doesnt just apply to them, but to all in the afl media. DO you know they know the ins and outs of the AFLW and the players. Everyones a star, player X is a great etc. Id be surprised if in this case maher knows the players and their attributes, stats etc

He's a runner for Carlton's AFLW team so he would at least know their names, attributes, stats etc.

I doubt Mick Molloy or Sam Pang would know much about it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a runner for Carlton's AFLW team so he would at least know their names, attributes, stats etc.

I doubt Mick Molloy or Sam Pang would know much about it though.

agree re molloy and pang.
maher def knows the blues W team but anyone else?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

That word is doing a lot of work there

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

AFL-M??? WTF is that?
A new footy milk drink?
FFS.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Trivia: Barry Round missed 6 games with that ankle injury. I just looked it up. :D
I do likes meself a bit of the trivias. :grinv1: Barry Round said he only missed a few weeks with that cracked ankle, so either his memory is off, or AFL Tables is wrong, because it says he missed 6 games after the Essendon game in 1973, came back for one match, then missed 3 more. Perhaps he was thinking of the 2nd spell. Impress all ya friends with this info :tongueoutv1::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back