FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't that basically his role on Hamish and Andy?
Kind of, but I felt like on Hamish and Andy he always came off as trying too hard to force jokes, rather than it coming naturally. He is, after all, supposedly one of the country's top comedians. Nice guy, but just not that funny.

Yeah how silly of them, we should just continue to associate drinking and gambling with sport so that the masses are kept stupid, addicted and constantly kicking up money to these parasitic industries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That complaint made no sense. Just about every ad break they say "for brewery fresh Carlton Draught"
I've always thought that 'brewery fresh' is just about the most amusingly meaningless slogan in advertising.

Just on the beer thing, I’ve noticed they have stopped topping up their drinks between ads. Each time they came back from a break they would have full glasses where as now, it looks like they just sit on the same beer for the hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Chris Connolly the other week was the most entertaining guest so far this year. Didn’t realise he was such an extravert.
My wife, who is a Pom and doesn’t follow footy, found him exhausting. I thought he was pretty good, but like alot of the guests, it’s their “sporties” night routine which they have down pat. I thought “crazy eyes” Mark Harvey was great.

The defence is that they promote responsible drinking. They can't really make that case about their embedded gambling ads, which jokingly urge people to bet the house.

Most of them only have the one beer, the guys on the panel have a couple. Did anyone keep count of Carl Ditterich's intake? I reckon he consumed at least 3, it not 4 :)

Strawbs O'Dwyer obviously had his ears pinned back at some stage. Ah well, good on him. It's apparently pretty painful

1631213800098.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back