FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sam, no Front Bar. Didn't enjoy last nights show at all. Have never liked Malloy anyway, so I guess no surprise there.

Really showed last night. Was better other week when Fitz stood in for Molloy.
The two comparisons show how important Pang is.

I never used to like Molloy either but he’s ok on this but with Pang.

Really showed last night. Was better other week when Fitz stood in for Molloy.
The two comparisons show how important Pang is.

I never used to like Molloy either but he’s ok on this but with Pang.

Definitely. Molloy can't carry the show as the number one funny man. Fitzy is no good. He can only deliver lowbrow humour.

I like Molloy. He had to carry the show last night. Fitz does only the most obvious jokes.

Yeah, Fitzy would be a good bloke to have a beer with, but as a funny man on Backpage, etc, you almost know what he's going to say before he says it. My problem with Molloy, as I posted earlier is he is unable to draw the line between being amusing and being a pain in the arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind The Front Bar, but it is nowhere near as good without Sam Pang.

Also, I'm sure Bruce McAvaney would have been a great guest, if only he were allowed to get a word in...

Great show, but it’s seriously lost momentum recently with the absences of Molloy and Pang.

I've read obituaries that are funnier than Lawrence Mooney. I've seen him on several shows now, and he's just not funny.
ive seen his standup and hes funny. But ive never enjoyed him on tv. He always goes the crude joke or takes it that bit too far. And him and mick were feeding off each other too much. And Maher isnt ever going to be able to rein someone in or make a funny joke to change the topic (like Sam would).

I'd echo the views the front bar isn't as good without Sam Pang. Have you been paying attention? isn't as good without Sam Pang either in my opinion.

ive seen his standup and hes funny. But ive never enjoyed him on tv. He always goes the crude joke or takes it that bit too far. And him and mick were feeding off each other too much. And Maher isnt ever going to be able to rein someone in or make a funny joke to change the topic (like Sam would).

Yeah, a mate of mine last night said he'd seen Lawrence Mooney on stage and was good, but agrees with your comment that he just doesn't come across as funny on TV. I had the same problem with Peter Helier, never found him the least bit funny either and, let's face it, if people aren't laughing, you're a failure at comedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back