TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Started to watch the show as usual.....but 5mins of Dermie talking about himself was to much. Didn't watch anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Hawk

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I loved it when Sam Pang mentioned to Roos how he was involved with Melbourne, and how much Melbourne had improved since he left :)

k31th

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA/L|NHL|V8|F1
humour plus humour plus denegrating humour of the guests/panellists plus sucking up to the guests afterwards. Reasonable show, in general.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I like the show, but Maher laughing like an idiot the whole farkin time at stuff that isn't that funny is getting harder to take.
If it's fake laughter, then it's FM breakfast show-level pukiness, and if it's real, then he's not quite right

SBYM

Fish, chips, cup 'o tea, Mary @#? Poppins. London!
Oct 9, 2009
SE15
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I like the show, but Maher laughing like an idiot the whole farkin time at stuff that isn't that funny is getting harder to take.
If it's fake laughter, then it's FM breakfast show-level pukiness, and if it's real, then he's not quite right
Andy Maher, the bloke who never met a joke he didn't explain.

wagstaff

Premiership Player
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
TFB was great fun this year but in last few shows noticed an increasing tendency to replay old footage they’d already done bits on earlier in the year.

They do a great job at finding amusing old footage of various kinds but it must take a lot of work to research and perhaps they’ve gotten into a habit of taking short cuts by using the same stuff multiple times.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Terrific show in spite of Maher who really offers nothing and has no chemistry with the other two.

When Santo Cilauro is on it shifts up a few years and would be brilliant with him permanently as host. Don’t think Santo would be interested

Adelaide Hawk

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I loved it when Sam Pang said to Andy he's lucky to have a job. Andy just sat there dumbfounded for a moment and then joined in with the audience with his fake laugh. Agree with above poster, it would be great to see Santo in that role.

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like the idea of Santo hosting the show but if the producers thought it was a great idea, it would have come to fruition now. Maybe Santo's too busy as well.

Top Bottom