FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Good show tonight, in fact its been good the last couple of weeks, the chemistry between Maher, Mick and Pang is starting to gel again after a shaky start, also no forced humor just pure laugh's. They've also have had some good guest on too Like Blighy last week and Diacos this week. I still think they should have someone on like a journo that can update us on some footy news of the day or any breaking news. I'll be sticking with it. I had a five min look at the footy show and yeah nah.. that show is a gonna even with Eddie back!

I still think they should have someone on like a journo that can update us on some footy news of the day or any breaking news.
The lack of a journo is what makes it good. Its more.a.comedy show than a footy news show.

Surely there are enough journos now.

The lack of a journo is what makes it good. Its more.a.comedy show than a footy news show.

Surely there are enough journos now.

Well yes.. but I don't mean for the whole show, just a segment or for five mins or so only just to break it up a little.

I also switched over from the Footy Show last night. I didn't even know the Front Bar was on since I never really watched it before but I just had enough of the Footy Show. Man was this a breath of fresh air for me. Guys drinking beer, joking around, showing old highlights. Why wasn't I watching this earlier.

Mick Molloy's line about players now need to put a pillow under the player they're tackling had me cracking up so much. Such an easy watch, will definitely give it another look next week.

Went to the live show last night. Excellent night. Daics and Juddy guesting. Maher actually not as annoying as one would think. Malloy and Pang very funny. The Bulldogs Banner guy is the behind the scenes MC tells a few jokes, reminds you he is the Bulldogs Banner guy, I don't find him particularly funny. Mick pick out three people during the ad break and say, "You're a good bloke" to the first guy, " You're a good bloke", to the second guy, then gets to me and says "You're just ****ed". Was very funny. All in all a good night.

In the ratings actually the footy show scored a century while front bar scratched around for 15
My score reflects the quality difference. Ratings has nothing to do with quality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I have enjoyed this show. Yes there's some warts but there have been some real funny moments and great guests. Daics and Blight were great to listen to.
Enjoyed Sticks being on last night. Must have been a bit hot on his side of the studio - it seems his pot was evaporating much faster than the other ones in the studio.

There was a moment last night after the Steve O'Dwyer flashback at the Toronta game, asking all the single girls in the crowd to join him at the bar. Pang quipped in at the end with a well delivered one-liner 'not to be the elephant in the room, but I doubt there would have been a stampede to get to that bar' (in reference to the fact that Steve O'Dwyer was one of the strangest looking human beings ever seen with his flaming long red hair and trophy ears that would put Shane Watson to shame) and then Molloy piped in with 'Dwyer had a threesome....with his ears'.

This to me shows how far apart their comedy is. Pang, well thought out not over the top delivery. Molloy, anything to get even the cheapest laugh. Feels the pressure to be funny every moment he speaks.

Front Bar is funny. Pang is an excellent comedian, great timing. Molloy is a bit more laboured but together they work well. Maher is the necessary straight guy. They've had some top guests like Lethal and BLight and a great mix of jokes and anecdotes. THe only footy TV I watch apart from the games.

Could do without the normalisation of gambling and drinking culture. It was possibly ok when it was just a short web series of interviews a few years ago with a chat at the pub as the premise, but as an entire show I don't like it. Maybe next year they change it.

Could do without the normalisation of gambling and drinking culture. It was possibly ok when it was just a short web series of interviews a few years ago with a chat at the pub as the premise, but as an entire show I don't like it. Maybe next year they change it.

Ditch the gambling. Keep the drinking culture.

I'm not a huge fan of the gambling encroaching into all sport shows, however I think this is the best or least worst of all of them.

The segment is mostly cheap laugh clips spliced with sport odds. But by the end the multi is pretty unrealistic of happening, usually odds over 100-1 so if you did bet wouldn't need to be more than a $1

Australia needs to fix / unify it's gambling laws at a national level before we start having a crack at tv shows lapping up the advertising/sponsorship dollars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back