wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Still one of the few TV shows of any kind I watch regularly but it's habit of rehashing old footage they've already shown on an earlier episode (sometimes more than once) is a bit of a bad sign.

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you put 5 bucks on every one of his multis you'd be down $95. If a thousand people have done this thats 95k to SB for a laugh on a Thursday/Wednesday night. You could see them trying to get one up as the amount of people getting on it was at a low. Right under our noses

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you put 5 bucks on every one of his multis you'd be down $95. If a thousand people have done this thats 95k to SB for a laugh on a Thursday/Wednesday night. You could see them trying to get one up as the amount of people getting on it was at a low. Right under our noses

I would have absolutely zero doubt Sportsbet are doing very well out of it.

If front bar type footy humour isn't really your thing then this show would just seem like a big advertisement for beer and gambling.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Can anyone remember the episode number where former eagle Chris Lewis was on the show?
Trying to find it but buggered if I can.

The ep aired May 30. Google Chris Lewis Front Bar and the interview is the first thing that pops up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Not really suited for a show like this, he's been so obviously nervous and not the funniest guy going around. Hard to get a smile out of him. Better suited to a more serious show.
Seems like a nice guy but I've always found him bland, vanilla. Not sure he'd get me motivated and fired up as player being coached by him, but clearly he's doing something right at the Pies to be there all these years.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seems like a nice guy but I've always found him bland, vanilla. Not sure he'd get me motivated and fired up as player being coached by him, but clearly he's doing something right at the Pies to be there all these years.

Probably quite well suited to the assistant role he's been highly regarded at for so long.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'd love to know whether Tony Martin would still be the Logies voice-over person if The Front Bar had been nominated for an award this year.

Back