FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyon’s comment was a ***** act, trying to get a laugh from humiliating poor guy who was a good sport coming on.

Suppose this is same guy who admits to racially abusing opponent and ***** his mates’ ex, so shouldn’t surprise.
Those last two things in and of themselves aren't bad things. Quite a few players who played before the early nineties have admitted racially abusing opponents, the point is that they're remorseful and admit to being ignorant and uneducated about the effects of what they were doing.

Those last two things in and of themselves aren't bad things. Quite a few players who played before the early nineties have admitted racially abusing opponents, the point is that they're remorseful and admit to being ignorant and uneducated about the effects of what they were doing.
Yeah but Lyon’s a dick. Cheap laugh to humiliate a nervous guy in front of thousands. Class

thats the trouble with society today this politically correct world has lost its sense of humour

Wtf? Humiliating a guy in this manner has always been poor form...Gary

Yeah but Lyon’s a dick. Cheap laugh to humiliate a nervous guy in front of thousands. Class
It was pretty minor stuff, and the bloke knew what show he was going on. If you don't like Lyon fair enough, but at least pot him for something worthwhile

It was pretty minor stuff, and the bloke knew what show he was going on. If you don't like Lyon fair enough, but at least pot him for something worthwhile

I listen to his morning show most days. This was pottable. Maybe if it bothers you so much ignore my post.

The guy was embarrassed. It was poor form from Lyon and the fella isn't likely to come out and make a big deal of it.

I wish the guy had turned around and said it hadn't been kind to you either Gary, you've put on a lot of weight there mate......alas, he didn't, but it would've knocked Gary down a peg or two.

It has never been good fun to get laughs at the expense of another person.

The guy was embarrassed. It was poor form from Lyon and the fella isn't likely to come out and make a big deal of it.

I wish the guy had turned around and said it hadn't been kind to you either Gary, you've put on a lot of weight there mate......alas, he didn't, but it would've knocked Gary down a peg or two.

It has never been good fun to get laughs at the expense of another person.
We should all be able to laugh at ourselves, don’t worry about who’s poking the fun at you laugh with them and be quick enough to return the compliment

Its only funny if the other person sees it that way.....this guy didn't, was shocked and embarrassed but smiled through it. What else could the poor bugger do?

We could all feel and see how he felt. That is why it was a tense moment, everyone in that studio knew it was the wrong thing to say.

Its only funny if the other person sees it that way.....this guy didn't, was shocked and embarrassed but smiled through it. What else could the poor bugger do?

We could all feel and see how he felt. That is why it was a tense moment, everyone in that studio knew it was the wrong thing to say.
I don’t have a problem with your argument MAC just that the whole world is made up at wrongs but still need to keep a sense of humour and laugh at ourselves when it is only humour

agree with the racist talk. i think its humbling and enlightening that players of yesteryear speak only about it. educates.

Havent heard him come out and say he was humiliated

If he did would it change yours or anyones mind though? If he did come out and say that, the usual response is "the world's gone soft....PC".

but i see your pov also. with more media, socials, exposure etc we have to watch what we say today. unfortuntely or fortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not just humour when it comes at someone else’s expense and it’s publicly humiliating. It’s not the pc era of today to blame either. This was out of line 40 years ago. It’s just plain poor form in any era.

It’s not just humour when it comes at someone else’s expense and it’s publicly humiliating. It’s not the pc era of today to blame either. This was out of line 40 years ago. It’s just plain poor form in any era.
Exactly right, that whole segment was just so cringeworthy after that terrible gag

I brought it up because I thought the joke lacked tact in the moment, rather than any hyper sensitive pc crap. You can infer someone as ugly, but I think it's something you can say to someone you're familiar with, and pick carefully when to say it. Not some guy you don't know, on tv, when that moment is going to be the only time he ever appears on tv.

I mean, it's not like anyone is going to confuse Garry for Brad Cooper or Chris Hemsworth as well. So who's he to talk? I don't know what the ladies on here think, but I would've thought he was average looking?

It didn't paint him in a good light, especially given Sam, Mick and Andy (especially Mick) were falling over themselves to portray him as a top bloke.

It was below the belt. Felt sorry for poor Russ and marred what was otherwise a good episode. Lyon needs to remember that he’s not pot shotting a Billy Brownless type who is in the media and revels in the banter - this poor bastard was invited in and just copped a tasteless comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back