FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Shouldn’t be surprised but this show works great with cricket. Hilarious.

So many stories and guests they could go through. Assume they’ll show it in NSW and Qld..

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just finished watching it, one of favourite eps ever. Thommo and Lara were both great. All cricket stories from the 70's are just awesome (albeit the mayo has probably been added over the years)

My earliest cricket memories came at the tail end of the Thommo and Lillee's careers, still remember the Miandad thing quite vividly, I of course put all the blame on Miandad to because Dennis could do no wrong as far as I was concerned.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Was a great episode, I thought they might have talked about the current test match but like the footy version they just went back over the old days.

Talking about the old DIY helmets they wore back in the 70s and the 24 can limit per day they had for tests back then was comedy gold.

Two great guests too with Thommo and Lara, I've heard most of Thommo's stories before but it was great hearing Lara talking about his early days in the West Indies team when Viv Richards threw his gear bag out of the dressing room after he put it in his spot and the nightmare of rooming with Curtley Ambrose where he wasn't allowed to touch him or any of his stuff. You tend to think of Lara being a bit arrogant and aloof but he fitted in very well with the laidback, take the piss style of the show.

My earliest cricket memories came at the tail end of the Thommo and Lillee's careers, still remember the Miandad thing quite vividly, I of course put all the blame on Miandad to because Dennis could do no wrong as far as I was concerned.
It could’ve been you!

Back