The Front Bar vs. The Footy Show last night

Remove this Banner Ad

These shows should be condensed down to 1 hour with commercials (50 minutes content).

All the "variety" crap should be given the arse.

Selected teams, 5 minute proper analysis of games, 5-8 minutes of footy industry related goss. Done.
It's weird you can 'follow' North and not have foxtel.

Was going to watch the Footy Show when I saw a story that they were going to have an Aussie super group featuring Tex Perkins, Kram and Phil Jamieson playing Easybeats songs... then realised that was the NRL Footy Show that wasn't on TV in SA.

So I watched Front Bar and a bit of Marngrook.

Can't really watch Sam Newman anymore and the drag show doesn't really interest me (although it's good the Footy Show is such a staunch supporter of the LGBTQI community).

Front Bar from start to finish. Sam Pang is 10x funnier than everyone on the footy show combined.

Lost it when they got to the payoff with the banana joke.

I would pay good money and lots of it for a night on the piss with the Pangster.

Reckon with the shackles of the TV censors off he'd be a goddamn superstar.

Talking Footy is garbage. You have Darcy and Watson getting offended at their own shadows by telling us what isn't a "good look for the game". You then have Carey and Sam competing with each other for biggest dickhead award. Want to know what happens when a tornado collides with a volcano? Just tune into those losers.

Give me Footy Classified with the award winning Damian Barrett any day of the week. Damian Barrett doesn't just look for stories, he fights for truth and justice.
You had me right right up till the "award winning Damien Barrett" part. Bloke is a bottom feeder of the highest order. Scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking Footy is garbage. You have Darcy and Watson getting offended at their own shadows by telling us what isn't a "good look for the game". You then have Carey and Sam competing with each other for biggest dickhead award. Want to know what happens when a tornado collides with a volcano? Just tune into those losers.

Give me Footy Classified with the award winning Damian Barrett any day of the week. Damian Barrett doesn't just look for stories, he fights for truth and justice.
Purples BF alias confirmed

Watched The Front Bar last night, it's a far better and funnier show, only watched bits of The Footy Show which was enough to tell how s**t it has become.

The Footy Show tries to be too many different things, part serious footy talk, part comedy and light entertainment but does none of it well, a tired old format.

Front Bar from start to finish. Sam Pang is 10x funnier than everyone on the footy show combined.

Lost it when they got to the payoff with the banana joke.

Same here. That shot of Stevo standing there without a microphone, and then superimposing a banana in his hand was just too funny. Pang is hilarious, and he uses the old vaudeville routine of the running gag to perfection. It is obvious he has very little regard for Andy Maher and would much prefer to work with Santo. Sam and Santo together would be priceless. At one time last night, Juddy said, "Oh sorry, I think I just ruined your joke", to which Sam replied, "Nah, we've got Andy for that" :)

Santo's segment was top class comedy. I loved it when he talked about his boyhood hero ... Hugh Hefner :) Front Bar is a simple formula, sit down, talk footy, and have a damned good laugh. If you're sick of "experts" pontificating, being way too serious, and over-analysing the game (as I am), then Front Bar is just the ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back