FTA-TV The Front Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon being kicked in The Pills would be more humorous than Lawrence Mooney

I saw Mooney’s stand up live years ago. I didn’t like him before hand, and I liked him a lot less after.
I know that smugness/cynicism is a pretty standard act for a lot of comedians, but to me Mooney always comes across as a genuinely s**t bloke.

'Australian' and 'comedian' are 2 words that don't combine well.

We have dozens of phenomenal comedians.

But much as tv networks seem to think otherwise, comedian =/= successful panelist. And in Mooney's case, successful panelist (or radio host) =/= comedian.

Most comedians don't want to be panelists - they'd rather write for The Project than be on the panel - but they've gotta pay rent. Then there are other comedians who don't go near tv panels, and do gags about the (necessary) hypocrisy of "panel comedians."

I reckon being kicked in The Pills would be more humorous than Lawrence Mooney

Given the right format and a good guest, it showed again that Andy Maher being what he is - a straight man and footy nerd - is more natural, engaging, and funnier than either Mooney or especially Molloy, as long as Sam is there is bounce off him.

Intrigued.

Name some.

And do remember, it is subjective.
Season 3 Episode 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise
Barron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no….interminable repeats of Brereton kissing him…like no one has seen it….🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I’m tipping ‘85 GF goal. Bus driving stories, shoulder surgery where I’m not quite sure if he can lift his arms above his shoulders . Sheedy was/is mental. Come on Super, just go with the flow mate. ( Has to be a VanderHaar drinking story)

I’m tipping ‘85 GF goal. Bus driving stories, shoulder surgery where I’m not quite sure if he can lift his arms above his shoulders . Sheedy was/is mental. Come on Super, just go with the flow mate. ( Has to be a VanderHaar drinking story)
Yeah, ok…probably something worth watching. 😆

Given the right format and a good guest, it showed again that Andy Maher being what he is - a straight man and footy nerd - is more natural, engaging, and funnier than either Mooney or especially Molloy, as long as Sam is there is bounce off him.
People who bag Maher don’t have a clue. He willingly plays the butt of jokes while keeping a fast pace and asking smart questions of guests.

People who bag Maher don’t have a clue. He willingly plays the butt of jokes while keeping a fast pace and asking smart questions of guests.

I think the issue with Maher is his radio persona - it’s so irritating that it reflects onto anything he does.

He’s a genuine ‘student of the game’ - but he’s always putting his hand up - and when he isn’t he’s purging complete drivel….bloody annoying.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back