FTA-TV The Front Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why they keep getting Lawrence Mooney back. He is awfully unfunny.

The show is missing Sam at the moment.

Moving to change the channel when Mooney is on is about as quickly as I ever move.

I know hosting the Logies is the worst gig in Australian entertainment, but it has to almost be worth it if you just never have to work again.

Looking forward to seeing NicNat next week

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I said it on the North board, but his retirement presser was all class. Seems like a great bloke, always positive, despite all his injury setbacks, and I assume, enduring a lifetime of racism.

I can hesitantly deal with Lawrence Mooney, but Lehmo is going too far
I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing the latter do stand up at the Comics Lounge. Just a grub, he literally looked like a homeless person on stage. His "comedy" was shite too.

As for Pang, he's back on HYBPA next Monday, so I assume he'll be back for Front Bar too, thank god.

I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing the latter do stand up at the Comics Lounge. Just a grub, he literally looked like a homeless person on stage. His "comedy" was shite too.

Makes perfect sense to me. None of them are actually funny. I saw Mick Molloy a long time ago in Fitzroy and he was just awful. Was probably trying the same lines then too. They weren't funny then either.

Easiest path to fame in Australian television - be a crap comedian. It's seemingly bottomless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to that show too. From memory, the tour was called Dinner's On Ladies.

Cringe GIF

Molloy's humour peaked in the mid 90s and that was largely off the back of the far more talented Tony Martin. Now it's the same script, the same jokes every week (deadbeat Dad, wearing a suit to Court/Your Honour, Dinner's on etc).

Last edited:
You have to be impressed when you're even less funny than Mick Molloy, and that's saying something.

It seems the sole purpose of commercial television now is to employ the legions of unfunny Australian "comedians".

I used to watch Front Bar religiously, but one night something snapped, and I decided I'd had enough of Mick Molloy. Haven't watched since.

I used to watch Front Bar religiously, but one night something snapped, and I decided I'd had enough of Mick Molloy. Haven't watched since.

Yeah I've gone right off him now. He's not funny, and it's tiresome how many unfunny Australian comedians (i.e. most if not all of them), have permanent TV gigs. There's no escape.

For me, I stopped watching all the time last year when the 3 regulars were consistently not there.

As mentioned above, Australian comedians in general aren't that funny, so as soon as I saw Mooney, Lehmo, Cilauro (who is probably the best of a poor bunch) et.al the channel changed.

Ryan Fitzgerald is also a PITA so any segment with him I turn to something else.

The show is pretty flat at the moment. Need new scriptwriters and to cut the guest segment short if it's not working (not funny, boring, guest is off their head) e.g. Crackers Keenan - that was an abomination and frankly an embarrassment.

Great show tonight.

CEOs and Sandy Roberts were excellent chats.

Seems to work better not having ex-players at the bar IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back