FTA-TV The Front Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised he headed in to the media, pretty bland and boring all round. Would have been better suited to coaching I would have thought.
I’ll be shocked if he lasts, unless he quickly gets some opinions. There are limited spots in the footy media for ex-players who lack personality and strong opinions

Last edited:
Why persist with boring guests like Cotchin?
Both Cotchin and Selwood have nothing interesting to say

The small amount I saw they sat on the fence about whether Freo would have a good year or not and thought Tex would retire a pretty good player for the Crows.

If I wanted that level of insight, I’d talk to my wife.

I’ll be shocked if he lasts, unless he quickly gets some opinions. There are limited spots in the footy media for ex-players who lack personality and strong opinions

by limited you mean plenty of

Also there's the whole 'Your Honour' shtick about being a regular in court, despite the fact it's never happened and the closest he's got to a court is a tennis court at Peninsula Grammar.
FMD, is there a show where somehow the court or legal proceedings don’t get mentioned ? ******* ridiculous, approaching the jump the shark stage this show.

I'd say that's the fourth time Malcolm Blight has been on the show and he's been great value each time.

Mick's Multi seems to be getting less and less funny every week. Not much of a response from the crowd this week either.

Whoever told Ryan Fitzgerald he was funny?

The 'Footy Bits' YouTube channel used to have stacks of TFB episodes but sadly they're all gone due to copyright breaches we can assume.

FMD, is there a show where somehow the court or legal proceedings don’t get mentioned ? ******* ridiculous, approaching the jump the shark stage this show.

It seems to be Molloy's go-to joke now and it's as tired as his betting segment. The 'comedy' writers love recycling.

If it wasn't for the odd engaging former player (Libba a recent example), it would be completely unwatchable.

Flattest episode ever tonight. You could tell they didn't know how to approach the interview. I reckon they could have poked fun at some of the crazy chit he's gotten up to over the past few years (scaling SAS fences), and Ben would have happily played along like the Home and Away prison thing. That was about the only funny part of the whole show.

Flattest episode ever tonight. You could tell they didn't know how to approach the interview. I reckon they could have poked fun at some of the crazy chit he's gotten up to over the past few years and Ben would have happily played along like the Home and Away prison thing. That was about the only funny part of the whole show.
They left the elephant well and truly in the room didn’t they

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flattest episode ever tonight. You could tell they didn't know how to approach the interview. I reckon they could have poked fun at some of the crazy chit he's gotten up to over the past few years (scaling SAS fences), and Ben would have happily played along like the Home and Away prison thing. That was about the only funny part of the whole show.
Yeah I don't know if poking fun at a blokes psychosis in front of a studio audience on live TV when he's still had his troubles after is the best idea.

im sure Ben would've only gone on the show with the agreement that they don't bring it up or focus on it. I thought it was interesting. Although, no idea how anyone finds Molloy funny. It's just bogan humour, nothing witty or clever about it.

Last edited:
im sure Ben would've only gone on the show with the agreement that they don't bring it up or focus on it. I thought it was interest. Although, no idea how anyone finds Molloy funny. It's just bogan humour, nothing witty or clever about it.
It was a strange episode. They probably didn't need to go into all of his downfall, as the story has been well and truly told with very little new information possible, but the panel all seemed very flat and guarded and any humour being forced. Sam's bear story went on way too long and it felt like everyone was looking at each other for a spark somewhere. Cousins was the high point, demonstrating the side of him that made him very likeable in the day - although anyone playing a drinking game for every time he said "you know" would have been comatose early in. He started some interesting stories, such as what Malthouse was like as a coach and BC's enormous regard for Worsfold as a coach, but he never had the opportunity to expand on them.

Molloy is starting to drag things down on the show in general. He has only a few very basic comedic angles and all have been very worn out long ago.

Pang and Molloy are very funny guys but you can only do the same jokes so often. I've enjoyed it often despite not wanting to (I expected 100% Channel 7 slop), but I haven't watched it this year, the embedded gambling spot is a bit hard to swallow.

Pang and Molloy are very funny guys but you can only do the same jokes so often. I've enjoyed it often despite not wanting to (I expected 100% Channel 7 slop), but I haven't watched it this year, the embedded gambling spot is a bit hard to swallow.
Agree
The gambling shist is pretty cringe but the show in general is much more watchable than those other footy shows
It’s generally pretty light and it’s awesome when they dig up the old legends for their stories
Pang and Molloy are funny guys

I have found that that in an effort to be funny they cut off the stories sometimes and we end up hearing more of them than the guests

I still really enjoy the show and look forward to it every week to lighten the mood but I'm starting to get a little over 'Sam's Drip Tray', maybe time for a new segment?

It was a strange episode. They probably didn't need to go into all of his downfall, as the story has been well and truly told with very little new information possible, but the panel all seemed very flat and guarded and any humour being forced. Sam's bear story went on way too long and it felt like everyone was looking at each other for a spark somewhere. Cousins was the high point, demonstrating the side of him that made him very likeable in the day - although anyone playing a drinking game for every time he said "you know" would have been comatose early in. He started some interesting stories, such as what Malthouse was like as a coach and BC's enormous regard for Worsfold as a coach, but he never had the opportunity to expand on them.

Molloy is starting to drag things down on the show in general. He has only a few very basic comedic angles and all have been very worn out long ago.
I think Cousins is articulate but he isn't succinct. he takes a long time to she his stories. I felt like he dragged things on a bit. But I thought he presented well. I guess most of the other guests have a go back at Sam but Cousins didn't do that so it sort of just became a one way question thing.

The simple reality is Roberts-Smith is not allowed to discuss anything related to his previous employment.

So discussing who he dated when he was 16, or what team he supports, is about as far he can go.

Even saying what car he drives would be a PerSec compromise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back