Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

james hird shocked
Goulding pathetic penalty
Maker a nba penalty
Philippines players a joke
Ba removing decals fine thats a farce , fiba opened a can of worms, all aussie training will be filmed secretly
Suggest that new contract will be be no stickers, could appeal fine according to 3aw

It was meant to be no stickers - they even made TSA remove Brett Maher’s signature from the court prior to the Australia v Japan game in Adelaide last year.

The Filipino's got off very lightly.

As for the Aussie's Goulding's is perplexing, and the fine for ripping up decals is bizarre. Other than that I'm not too upset with the Aussie side of the penalties.

FIBA is an Utter Complete Joke of a Organization.

Hope Countries Refuse to Play and go to the World Cup in Phillpines

Interesting to see if Sobey and Goulding take it any further, Goulding's agent said they would if they weren't happy with the results.

Well they should Press for Assault Chargers

The australian penalties, other than Goulding, are about right.

The Filipino penalties are ******* laughable. When you consider what was handed out for the key figures in 'Malice in the Palace' it is truly bonkers the key people are getting away with a few games off.

Particularly their coach and assistant.

I doubt they will but ABA should threaten a boycott over the complete failure to adequately punish the Philippines.

Think the ABA is too Weak to do that

The Goulding 1 game ban is a joke, while Maker gets 3 games even though he failed to make contact with anyone, while their players and staff that actually did received similar bans. They should've received bans twice as long as our players since what they did was much worse and sustained.
Oh and of course no action was taken on their hosting of the 2023 World Cup...

The Goulding 1 game ban is a joke, while Maker gets 3 games even though he failed to make contact with anyone, while their players and staff that actually did received similar bans. They should've received bans twice as long as our players since what they did was much worse and sustained.
Oh and of course no action was taken on their hosting of the 2023 World Cup...

People will just take FIBA as a Joke

The fact that the stickers were actually mentioned in FIBA's ruling...

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

What a joke.

The message here is clearly that you should always clear the bench in a brawl.

Was just planning our next trip over there but I don't feel like it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FIBA what a spineless joke of an organisation

The whole thing is a farce. Just lined their pockets with fines. I would get a longer suspension at my social comp if I threatened to hit a player (in fact I’ve seen a teammate get 30weeks because he threaten to hit an ump after he lost his s**t because his defender clobbered him for like the 100th time and refs ignored it so he lost his s**t. 30 weeks for a one off threat lol)

Australia should threaten to boycott the 2023 champs, and threaten to get team USA on board. Australia will in all likelihood be the biggest draw card at that cup outside USA. Guys like Simmons will have massive connections and the ear of team USA stars who would very much take our side in condemning Fibas handling of this.

Rattle the sabres. We are not a minnow of the sport and we should not allow ourselves to be tested as such. Put the fear of god into FIBA I reckon. If we make a bit of noise FIBA will fold like wet paper towel.

Just realised that Allein Maliksi, who was not in the playing squad but was the one who was on top of Goulding throwing multiple punches, did not get a single game. Just wtf lol.

I was pretty disappointed in Moore from BA’s press conference, pretty much rolled over.

Generally think the whack we copped was about right, was shocked Goulding got a game for talking some trash? A little surprised Sobey got off.

The Filipinos though, geeze. Can’t believe there was only 2 (or 3?) non players copping sanctions!

Australia should threaten to boycott the 2023 champs, and threaten to get team USA on board. Australia will in all likelihood be the biggest draw card at that cup outside USA. Guys like Simmons will have massive connections and the ear of team USA stars who would very much take our side in condemning Fibas handling of this.

Like next year's WC the next 2023 edition is likely to be the qualifiers for the 2024 Olympics as well, so unfortunately FIBA will likely call our bluff since any team would be crazy to forfeit a spot in the Olympic Games out of protest. Don't see the USA being on board either since they'd basically be forefeiting a gold medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back